Customize

ABC Lateline - Forced imprisonment on the Freewinds (2011-11-28)

Discussion in 'Media' started by Zhent, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Anonymous Member

You know, Aruba is actually part of the Dutch kingdom. I'm amazed that the Dutch authorities are letting those Scientology idiots to get away with poluting their coast. I think Scientology in the Netherlands is pretty weak. They've only got 1 org in Amsterdam for a country of 16 million. Nothing in Rotterdam or The Hague or Utrecht. The Dutch are not that stupid. So I hope that the Dutch government will show some common sense in Aruba, Curacao and Bon Aire as well.
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Anonymous Member

It would definitely help if dox were presented to the Dutch naval experts. Ex navy, real navy.
    Politely inform them that a pretend American navy was throwing cult victims overboard and calling themselves "officers" and "commodores".

The Dutch are extremely proud of their nautical heritage and they would definitely be an asset, especially if they can rescue beautiful women from the filthy engine rooms where that have been enslaved by a psychopathic Mini-Me in some bizzaro 1950's shitty sci-fi movie with zero tits or super powers or scary monsters in it.

A good place to start would be here. http://www.dutchfleet.net/
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Anonymous Member

I also think it's more of an issue of FreeWinds dumping their garbage of the coast of Bon Aire and also the Carribean does not need all that floating asbestos next to its coasts. If there are any Dutch anons out there- try and take it up with the Dutch Antilies authorities.
  4. TinyDancer Member

Scientology takes passports
  5. and cash or credit........:)
  6. Anonymous Member

Perfect. Please print publicly phrase pertaining purported pope's passport propensities.
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Anonymous Member

For clarity, I believe the asbestos problem is about airborn particles from old flame-retardant sections of the inner walls and lagging, it is unlikely that they are dumping asbestos in chunks as this would expose the dangerous dust and introduce it via the aircon to lethal levels. It would be interesting to see how many of the hundreds of cancer deaths cult members have suffered could be attributed to asbestos inhalation.

The waste is likely to be human sewerage and general trash from the kitchens & cabins.
    This is what the Freewinds is known to dump.
  8. Triumph Member

• Like Like x 6
  9. Anonymous Member

bumping this post
    More of a Caribbean connection has always been needed!
    Everyone sing!
    one love,
    one heart,
    let's get together and be alright
    yeah I know thats Bob Marley and that's Jamaica..... but it's the first song I can think of this early.
    I will volunteer to go to all the islands, but don't expect any work to be done! LOL!!!!!

Seriously, it is very hard to "disseminate" anti cult messages over there due to the relationships between local authorities and COS...
    And COS has been going to those islands for years.
    but if there is enough bad press handed to the locals, as always, word will get around and to neighboring islands. Word spreads fast.

And there is the language barrier to consider too.
    Anyone want to take up papiemento (spelling?) lol
    and what someone said in a previous post.... we need a dutch fag to post on Aruba blogs and newspaper comments.
    Maybe people can use an online translator to post comments on newspapers and blogs with a message that is not too complicated?
    Would be wondertful to have a section in the Wiki for all stuff Caribbean with ducth translation.

OPERATION CARIBBEAN CONNECTION
    DO EEET MON!
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Sponge Member

passportbaby.jpg
    • Like Like x 6
  11. un-isness Member

Incredible story, great research and writing by Tony yet again. And I love the happy ending:

• Like Like x 3
  12. RightOn Member

From Tony O's article
    "Did my sister tell you that we had no toilet paper 90 percent of the time in the Cadet Org?" Valeska asked me last night after I had finished my interview with Melissa. "We either had to use pages from books in the library to wipe ourselves or our hands and wipe it on the wall. I know it's gross but it's true. The toilet had shit all over the wall."

I was HOPING that Melissa would talk about the Cadet Org. It was a real hell hole according to many kids.
    I remember horrendous stories about the Cadet Org and also about their nurseries with urine soaked beds, glass on the floor, children drinking rancid milk and little heat. All under the watch of untrained people, some who were only kids themselves. Some of them were brutal on the children.

Stories like this make me rage.
    A 7 year old child disconnected from her family and having to wipe her hands on a wall covered with shit?
    Prisoners in jail live better than this
    This is an outrage!
    This must be spread far and wide

It would be nice for someone to do an entire coverage on the Cadet Org and interview people who went through it or worked there. You really dont hear about the Cadet Org too much or the Scientology nurseries. Maybe because they are gone now due to people not having children in the Sea Org any more? Or is there any cadet orgs still around?
    There was a small look into COS nurseries in that movie "Until Nothing is Left" which painted a brief and creepy picture of where children were dumped so their parents can "work" for COS.
    • Like Like x 5
  13. RightOn Member

"They showed me a policy by Hubbard that said the world was coming to an end by 2000. So we had six years to 'clear the planet'," she says. "And I had no family at that point. My dad is an idiot, and he was in Florida. We didn't know anything else. We were born into it. We didn't have any friends outside Scientology. Those were 'wogs'" she says, using the offensive British slang term for dark-skinned people that Hubbard appropriated for his jargon to mean any non-Scientologist. "We didn't have anybody."

tears. I have tears. This hit me to my core. Telling a child who is disconneted from her family that the world is going to end.
    I don't even know what to say.
    Except THANK YOU MELISSA FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART FOR SPEAKING OUT!

This is what works. Not just chatting on a blog.
    I urge all exs to come forward with their stories if they can.
    edited:
    This holiday season, give the gift of your story to the world, it's a gift that keeps on giving.

I certianly hope that Mellissa's heart breaking story gets as much coverage as Valeskas
    • Like Like x 3
  14. Anonymous Member

Child abusing scum. HELLO FBI YOU LAZY FUCKS!!
    • Like Like x 6
  15. Anonymous Member

"She has now left Scientology, and is not interested in the independent movement of former church members who still find L. Ron Hubbard's ideas useful."

YAY
    • Like Like x 3
  16. RightOn Member

Melissa's story deserves its own thread
    • Like Like x 6
  17. Sponge Member

I'd like to know what they showed the kids.

Tory Christman mentions this "end of the world" bullshit (but only as a verbal thing) in this Operation Clambake Infopack for parents:
    http://www.xenu.net/archive/infopack/15.htm
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Anonymous Member

I think this may be it?
    "But it turns out L. Ron Hubbard actually did predict the Earth's destruction.
    According to apostate Scientologist Marty Rathbun, the cult's leader David Miscavige revealed to small circle of followers in 2003 that Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard had secretly named the day of the planet's demise: <------ link to Marty's blog

Miscavige told the managers that L Ron Hubbard had written a prediction for how long planet earth had left; after which it would exist no more. He did not say what cataclysm would end life as we know it -– but stated definitively L Ron Hubbard said the planet would be no more by a date certain.
    [snip]
    "You want to know how long LRH said you've got?", he asked in a tech-film worthy take on the tone level of Hate.
    In answer to his own question he said, "it is a lot sooner than you think."

http://gawker.com/l-ron-hubbard/
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Sponge Member

I do too. There are so many issues, such as the Cadet Org in particular.
  20. xenubarb Member

Are they gone? Really? Or did they just rename them? You know the cult still needs to warehouse the kiddies of staff, if not SO. They gotta put them somewhere.
  21. RightOn Member

well of course you know they can't have kids in the Sea org any more. A blessing in a way. If someone becomes pregnant they leave the SO. right?
    But yes I agree, if both parents are staffers, and they have a kid or kids, where are they put for the day?
  22. telomere Member

Actually, what LRH predicted was the demise of Pluto, not Earth.
    And he was right.

Alas, the planet Pluto is no more :(
  23. RightOn Member

Sponge thread! :) do it! lol
    • Like Like x 1
  24. Squirrel King Member

Don't discuss chanology with anybody, so I was happy to see that when I opened facebook I found seven friends had read the story this morning.
    • Like Like x 6
  25. Anonymous Member

I want to see the policy that shows Hubbard's year 2000 theory, to prove he was wrong and to expose this shit as just another doomsday cult. Anyone know which policy it is??
    • Like Like x 2
  26. Anonymous Member

They could just trot this out again and pretend it is current:

"The world has an optimistic five years left, a pessimistic two.
    After that, Bang or maybe just a whimper.
    A handful of us are working our guts out to beat Deadline, Earth.
    On us alone depends whether your kid will ever see sixteen or your people will ever make it at all.
    A handful of us aren't nattering or dramatizing or whining or aiting. We've got our sleeves rolled up for a twelve hour day and sixty hour week.
    It's all right to be reasonable or cautious or have an open mind so long as the openness doesn't consist only of holes.
    A few of us see the world has got a chance if we don't dawdle along the way.
    We may not be super beings. Yet. But we are very earnest people.
    We would be longer on patience if we weren't so short on time.
    Our chance is a thin chance at best.
    We're making the most we can out of that chance.
    Our programme is simple:
    We are working as hard as we can in Scientology.
    We are doing the best job we can do at our job.
    We are shooting people up in case level.
    We are training up the best auditors we can train as fast as we can train them.
    We are keeping the lines going and the place together.
    We are releasing people wholesale.
    we are making Clears or OTs.
    We intend fully to make the grade.
    We know every minute counts.
    And we intend to take out of the road anything we have to take out of the road, no matter how big, to make a civilization that can survive.
    We won't go Bang.
    If we win, you will win. The kids in school will grow up. And we'll have a world without criminality, without war.
    We mean it. And the only slim chance this planet has rests on a few slim shoulders, overworked, underpaid and fought -- the Scientologist.
    Later on, if we make it, what will be your answer to this question?
    Did you help?"

- L. Ron Hubbard, Auditor Magazine 9 (excerpt falls under "Fair Use")
    • Like Like x 2
  27. Anonymous Member

But does he specifically mention year 2000?

It's a small thing, but it could be used to ram down the clam's throats.
  28. subgenius Member

Listed as a "Most Popular News Headlines" on Yahoo.
  29. Anonymous Member

WTF Gawker? Why haven't you picked this up?
  30. Anonymous Member

I finally understand why scilons try to sell so many basics packages. After all, something needs to be used as a toilet paper, if they won't buy the real thing.
    • Like Like x 2
  31. Anonymous Member

The article might get picked up by German media outlets.
  32. Sponge Member

xenuloorollsmall0nk.jpg

Body Thetans = Dingleberries

I dunno but wiping one's arse with pages out of books, especially if it's their own books, is fucking poetic. It also sounds really painful, especially if it is glossy media with a high china clay content. If you don't slice your ringpiece, you'd just end up polishing it in, ultimately resullting in a hard cake. Maybe that's why the RPFers have to run everywhere, as an exercise to crack off the winnets.

Laundry duty must be awful. I bet little Davey had a few skidmarks in his day.

dmunderpantssizexs.jpg
    • Like Like x 4
  33. RightOn Member

You mean DM really poops? Must be like rabbit turds.
    I am sure he either uses the nearest Sea Orger's uniform or imported egyptian cotton 1200 thread count cotton wipes that are hand sewn by sea orgers
  34. Aurora Member

1201-cruise-splash-1.jpg
    And things must be getting really bad for the cult. TC on Wednesday right after hearing about the latest kidnapping scandal. Any toxins in that sweat??
    • Like Like x 1
  35. Sponge Member

^looks like a rotated map of Australia.

Btw, Zhent's youtube copy of the ABC Lateline video now has 10,454 views, and counting

• Like Like x 5
  36. Sponge Member

Did we miss this one in the Bonaire news, in Dutch:

http://www.bonaire.nu/2011/11/29/twaalf-jaar-lang-vastgehouden-op-de-freewinds/
    Translation:
    *[correction: the ABC news source has since been updated. The age was 18 not 17]

When that story broke locally, The Prison Vessel Freewinds was leaving Bonaire that day. Currently it is still docked in Aruba where the story followed it and stuck around like luggage.

Some of the reader comments (in dutch and badly auto-translated).....

• Like Like x 3
  37. RightOn Member

"Ash says:
    November 30th, 2011 at 23:38
    I've heard that the Town Pier will be sold to the Scientology. Does anyone know more of? If so, then maybe it's time for a big anti-Freewinds demonstration. All that crap they dump it here!"

I don't like the sound of this
    was this Auba?
  38. RAAAEEEGE!

Horrific abuse and exploitation of children - infants! If today's Village Voice story doesn't trigger investigations and arrests, why do we have laws at all?

And there's Moxon again, right in the middle of this family's continued torment.
    • Like Like x 1
  39. Sponge Member

It's the comments to the Bonaire.nu news article. So it'll be Bonaire they are talking about. Bonaire doesn't have a dock but rather a sort of pier/jetty on the shoreline into the deep water channel for vessels as big as the Prison Ship Freewinds. I don't know if it is that pier they are talking about.
  40. Anonymous Member