Customize

About the petition and our position

Discussion in 'Iran' started by Karim, Jun 17, 2009.

1. I see that this forum supports the moderates in Iran, against what the west calls "the extremists".
    First of all, I do not agree with this divide between moderates and extremists. And I think that the Iranians themselves do not agree to this as well. There are "conservatives" and liberals. Such a divide will cause more problems to the Iranians than gains.
    The second thing is, I do not believe that we, non-iranians, should take a position and interfere in Iranian internal affairs. The Iranian presidential elections, first and last, only concerns Iranians, and the western world should deal with any elected president as the representative of the Iranian people, no matter who he is and how he was elected. After all, Iran does have a constitution, and there are laws that regulate how to protest against electoral results, there are institutions that will look into the protests and claims, and a jury that will decide. I believe this is how things work all over in the west as well.
    Also, this petition is being signed not only by Iranians, but mostly by non-Iranians, so basically, it is not spreading the word and opinion of the Iranian people, but that of the western world, and what it wants from Iran.