Customize

academic research megathread / situation room

Discussion in 'Support Questions' started by Zak McKracken, Mar 15, 2011.

?

megathread / situation room?

good idea 5 vote(s) 100.0%
bad idea 0 vote(s) 0.0%
diaf 0 vote(s) 0.0%
  1. Zak McKracken Member

Hi,

I'm not sure if there is a "best place" to post requests for a new subforum, or sitroom, or the like, but there's one thing that we've been getting quite a bit of (and most likely will continue to get) and existing threads are scattered about pretty much willy-nilly. "Site requests" were supposed to go in the bawwww threads I believe, but this has nothing to do with "look and feel" or angry-at-poopy-admins.

Merging all the "interview request", "help me write my term paper", "Hi, I'm a journalist" threads into one, is probably not a good thing, but having a common place for threads to go would help avoid a great deal of redundant argumentation and trollery.

It may also help some of these "researchers" to more quickly find the data they were looking for, or to understand that they're unlikely to find what they seek here. It could also be a place to compare notes; for people to find other others who are studying the same subject.

It could also be a tarp, for OSA/Basiji to identify those people they need to hammer on ;)

e.g. I just got another req. via PM:

2. Consensus Member

I've done a few of these, and love having the opportunity to spew my bullshit at a captive audience.
  3. Zak McKracken Member

A few interviews? A few megathreads? A few dissertations?
  4. Zak McKracken Member

bump?

3644.ist2_1766009-bump-on-the-head.jpg

Re: Journalists and requests from media

I realise that bona fide journos aren't going to want to read canned packets of PR content.
    They're going to want "real live" answers from "real live" anons. A section titled "JOURNALISTS / RESEARCHERS READ | POST HERE" wouldn't be very enticing.

Still, it would be a whole lot less aggravating for Anons as a whole, if we had a dedicated thread or subforum for such requests to go, or a place to chew on them.

People interested in responding could then browse and pick the researchers they liek, and respond to them publicly or privately. People interested in responding to researchers in their area (or clade, or, whatever) would also be less likely to miss something relevant to their peculiar interests.

Some of the random hostile trolls (from Anons NOT interested in responding to these particular researchers) might also be mitigated.
  5. JohnnyRUClear Member

So... I'm confused. Will this affect our Pfizer checks?
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Ann O'Nymous Member

Might be a good idea.