Customize

Adam Holland: Letter to David Miscavige

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by Wisemanofthewatchtower, Sep 26, 2012.

1. So, I've never actually written anything to David, and you probably already know why I haven't bothered.

To send my letter, I used RTC website, to save paper. There was no email address so I used the "Send a Report" feature. The report always goes to RTC Reports Off, and I had to add a "CC: COB RTC" and then found out that I would have to print off a copy for the recipient of the CC. Great. Well I will mail the CC to him too.

Surprisingly the form asked for my date of birth, but well, they've already got that in a personnel file somewhere.

Here is my letter, and I don't anticipate a swift reply.

• Winner Winner x 14
    • Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Pique Member

Adam you are a treat. Nice letter.
    • Agree Agree x 5
  3. Anonymous Member

I hope he sees this. I doubt that it will change him due to all the families and lives he has already ruined, but one never knows. How do you feel now that you've written the letter?
  4. Anonymous Member

Great letter. Heartbreaking and heartfelt. Thank you for sharing.
    Adam, if you don't mind my asking- when did yo last see your dad? Do you have other family that is out?
  5. letterrtcthankyou.png

At last, I have been thanked!
    • Funny Funny x 11
    • Like Like x 4
  6. RightOn Member

I bet it felt good to write that letter
  7. I guess I can finally say that "yes, I have written to them about my concerns." Other then that, I feel the same. I'm thinking that at least somebody is going to read it, if not David himself.

I last saw my dad two years ago, as I completed preparations to move out of his house. I was declared while I was living with him, and he "had no choice" but to kick me out. He has not been allowed to talk to me since then, although he knows how to reach me if he wishes to.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Anonymous Member

I last saw my dad two years ago, as I completed preparations to move out of his house. I was declared while I was living with him, and he "had no choice" but to kick me out. He has not been allowed to talk to me since then, although he knows how to reach me if he wishes to.[/quote]

Well, I truly hope that one day, when his head his clear- he will see the fine man you are.
    Hugs.
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Anonymous Member

Hope you used a good proxy server.
  10. Anonymous Member

Adam is transparent.
    He gave his name and email. No worries. Admirable young man. Brave too.
    • Agree Agree x 4
  11. DeathHamster Member

• Like Like x 4
  12. Anonymous Member

13. RolandRB Member

Like DM is going to read this and turn over a new leaf.

Also, if you are going to write to the most important person on this planet, try to overcome the Study Tech(tm) product and write proper English.

"of the use destructive"

"Rather then address"
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. I made the changes. I left after 2 years.

You're right, he isn't going to read it. But I wanted to do it as a formality. Maybe, just maybe, the Reports Officer will read it and think. As for the mistakes in English, thank you for pointing them out. I guess I'm getting rusty since completing high school 7 years ago. I write e-mails now and then but they aren't checked for grammar and spelling by the recipients. I missed the word "of" but I know it should have been there. I did mix up "then" and "than" and that is where I'm rusty.

EDIT: I'm not going to reprint the letter, but if someone in RTC even cares enough to send it back with corrections, I will happily make the changes and send them another copy.
    • Like Like x 4
  15. RolandRB Member

If you wrote to him and said that Sea Org staff are not being beaten hard enough then he might get to read it.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Anonymous Member

\derail

RolandRB was being facetiously ironic. He was poking fun at the Scientology corporation's Scientology's "study tech", not at you personally or any minor typos.

/derail
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  17. DeathHamster Member

Only if Sea Org staff-member who brought it to his attention liked being beaten. It's possible.
  18. Dear Adam -

I'm not a member over here but visit over at Rodeo and Tony Ortega's blog.
    As a longtime Scientology watcher, I just want to say, Well Done, Sir! (Oops...that was the phrase that got Naz on Tom Cruise's bad side...)
    What impresses me about the letter - in addition to it's directness and clarity, of course - is that it is a letter.

In other words, you have put this in writing, directly to COB.

Whether or not COB received the letter is immaterial right not - the point is, COB is directly implicated in abuses and is put on notice in writing: "I have no choice but to believe that you approve...."
    I'm in a tense legal situation right now and my lawyer keeps reminding me to "put it in writing" whenever I have to address something with the principals involved in the situation.
    Now, if a few hundred other Sea Org members did the same thing...that would be a mighty pile of evidence for some future court case!
    (How about sending them certified mail?)
    Bravo, Adam. You are a man of courage and integrity.
    • Agree Agree x 1