Customize

AHN News: Jett's Nanny to be Questioned by Police

Discussion in 'Jett Travolta' started by TheBitch, Jan 12, 2009.

1. TheBitch Member

Jett's Nanny to be Questioned by Police

John Travolta's Son's Nanny To Be Questioned By Police For Not Having Formal Childcare Qualifications | AHN | January 12, 2009

Anne Lu - Celebrity News Service News Writer

Los Angeles, CA (BANG) - John Travolta's late teenage son's nanny is to be quizzed by police. Jeff Kathrein is to be questioned after it emerged he has no formal childcare qualifications and earns a living as a wedding photographer.

It has also been claimed that although he was employed as 16-year-old Jett's primary care-giver he was never actually referred to as the boy's nanny until after his tragic death.

A source explained to the MailOnline website: "Jeff has known John for years. I think they met through Scientology. Jeff always travels with John and then when Jeff met his wife Ana, she started traveling with John and Kelly too. But I never heard Jeff referred to as a nanny until Jett's death."

Although police have confirmed the cause of Jett's death - who died after suffering a seizure while on holiday with his family in the Bahamas on January 2 - is not being disputed, they are still keen to probe the case and it remains open.

(snip - some moar at story - no comments)

------------------------

So, nao the question is whether it's a legit investigation or just pro forma predicate to "clearing" the $cilontologists of negligent homicide in the media without ever going to court.

Interesting, the story's dateline is Los Angeles, CA. Can think of many reasons for that, none of which have to do with INVESTIGATING a kid dying 3000 miles away off the east coast of America in a foreign country.

Edit: Story is nao being picked up by others...

Unqualified Jett Travolta Nanny Jeff Kathrein To Be Questioned By Police? - Tittle-Tattle Too™: The Post Chronicle

Travolta nanny to be quizzed

iafrica.com | entertain | celeb news Travolta nanny quizzed

Tonight - Travolta nanny faces questioning

The story is getting legs, but so far hasn't hit the North American msm. As usual, America is late to the table when it comes to the backstory after the body's been buried.
  2. LRonAnon Member

3. Mutante Member

re: AHN News: Jett's Nanny to be Questioned by Police

Obvious fall guys are obvious.
  4. xenubarb Member

Oh..NANNY!

I was wondering who the hell "Manny" was.

Good. This needs more exposure. Although I'm sure at some point, the wedding photographer was a nanny in a previous life!

BAH!
  5. Kilia Member

Yes, who is "Eli"???
  6. Badiedum Member

Especially this, IMO.
  7. Anon1720 Member

Re: AHN News: Jett's Nanny to be Questioned by Police

Having had a bit of experience with caregivers I have to ask the following question.

When one is fortunate enough to be able to employ 2 caregivers the norm is to have one caregiver on duty while the other is off - they split the day/night shift. Why wasn't this done here? Why did both caregivers go to sleep at the same time and leave Jett unattended?
  8. Kilia Member

Exactly......however, I think that the two went to bed together to do....<whatever> and fell asleep after.
  9. mrfyde Member

I know a way of spelling that with just two letters.

EE-Liegh or L.E. ?
  10. Mutante Member

LE? Is that you?
  11. Snake Member

hEllO,

mY nAme iiS eLii!!!!11!11one!1!!!

[IMG]
  12. xenubarb Member

They were both in the next room, fapping to Valkyrie on the DVD player...
  13. Kilia Member

Ahhh...my bad then. :D
  14. Anonymiaow Member

Clearly the glitzy celeb lifestyle sets one above such tacky trivialities as hiring medically qualified staff for your disabled child - as long as you have an on-site supply of man flesh you're all good!
  15. Vir Member

You don't really need much training to watch the lad, as long as somebody else with expertise has told you what to do, and you don't have to take important decisions on your own.

I'd compare it with nurses' assistants or kindergarten assistants. They are fine to watch the kids as long as they are not left alone for longer periods.

The whole business with not believeing in certain medical diagnoses brings the whole situation out of whack though - because if you're both untrained AND not supervised by a qualified professional, this might get "interesting".
  16. Ann O'Nymous Member

Do not forget the person who said that (s)he never heard Jeff labeled "nanny" until after Jett's death.
  17. Marieke Member

If I had the $$ the Travoltas have and had a son with Jett's medical conditions, I would hire two highly qualified health care aides -- even nurses since I could afford it -- to care for my child. But, I guess if the other qualification was that the person or persons be Scientologists, the qualifications would be at odds with each other (ie, qualified, trained professional with healthcare knowledge vs. medically-phobic and ignorant Scientologist.)

I guess that shows where the Travoltas priorities were.
  18. anon555 Member

im glad the guys getting questioned, sure nothing will come out of it but still...the guy was nothing more than a scilon loser tagging along to enjoy the perks of hanging out with celebs (not to mention making the COS happy by keeping track of the travoltas)

a wedding photographer, i wonder how successful that business was. and just how many weddings is he working while he's busy humping danny zuko. (sorry im old, that's what i remember him from)
  19. CantPickaName Member

I heard this guy was a real "Jett Sitter"

bada-ching!!
  20. Re: AHN News: Jett's Nanny to be Questioned by Police

Eli is the 2nd "manny" - I think he was "yet unnamed" in the earlier articles and press releases.
  21. avbb Member

Oh Lawd!

monkey.jpg
  22. azonymous Member

A man named "Eli", known only as "the other nanny"...