Customize

Alex Gibney: Going Clear

Discussion in 'Media' started by DeathHamster, Nov 24, 2014.

1. Ogsonofgroo Member

Thanks for this, my own inderpendant observations, Rinder didn't/hasn't started any sort of Hubbah-based therapy crap/indi-shit, (has he?), it'll probably take a decade or two until he comes clean, maybe less, who knows. But I don't hang out there on their blogs with the, no expectations for any of them, exceptions of checking out a post or two, usually pointed out by us here... gah, my fingers aere drunk... But no, do not trust, just more take yer time and gather the information stuff imho. (take a big salt shaker too)

We have seen it before of those who have escaped, sometimes you just cannot let go when there is money to be made, those that don't break away completely, try and salvage what-ever 'usable' Hubbard, its just gah, its really one hell of a mind-fuck.

And..... This is why.
  2. Ogsonofgroo Member

One of the best Tory has done. Love her, hate her, she tells the truth as best she can, oh could we all do so. Out of all the ex's I've listened to, she has the guts few have, to speak out, get her feet on the ground, and keep fucking doing it,, fuck the haters. Young anons should at least take a look and realise what dedication is imho. Scientology isn't just some random target, its a high value one, it is dangerous and deceptive, manipulative, rich, and paranoid, destroying may lives in its wake,
    There's lot of fucked up shit in the world, and really, you have to pick your battles, if yer angry, then do your research, there are many people around the world crying out about injustices, but at the same time there are those who are out there helping humanity selflessly,

women equivalent of balls-of-steel, hm.... platinum-_______ ?

I know there be disagreements, but this be my opinion du-jour, igo.
    • Like Like x 5
  3. I agree, I much prefer Rinder's writing. Rathbun writes like L. Ron Hubbard.
    • Like Like x 13
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Daverator Member

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 2
  5. failboat Member

• Like Like x 4
    • Like Like x 8
  6. The following is a good article that does more than just repeat common media talking points, and attempts some analysis. It is particularly good at explaining things to the Twitterati.

The Daily Banter: Scientology Is Helpless Against HBO’s New Documentary, Even If It Doesn’t Think So

http://thedailybanter.com/2015/01/scientology-helpless-hbos-new-documentary-even-doesnt-think/

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

If you’ve seen the tweets from Freedom Media Ethics and wondered A) why you’ve never heard of the organization before, and B) why you’re suddenly getting tweets from a group that has less than 300 followers, the answer is simple: It’s because Freedom Media Ethics is an arm of Scientology and the tweets are sponsored, part of a massive media campaign of P.R. and retaliation against Gibney’s film, which Scientology understands is absolutely a threat to it.

Here’s the thing, though: There’s nothing Scientology can do here. Nothing. It’s fucked. Despite the best efforts of Miscavige’s minions, Gibney’s documentary is going to serve as the final nail in the coffin of an organization that’s been dying for at least the past decade. Former Village Voice editor Tony Ortega, who’s one of the most vocal and thorough critics of Scientology, has chronicled the church’s dwindling numbers and resources for some time now. In addition to posting some of the most insane P.R. stunts the organization has pulled in an effort to make it seem like everything’s coming up roses within its ranks — the jaw-dropping fundraising video set to the very off-key tune of We Built This City and We’re Not Gonna Take It will haunt your brain for a month — Ortega has used sources inside Scientology to confirm that the organization is furious and scared of the blowback from the Gibney documentary. And blowback is guaranteed, either in the form of an outright public rallying cry to have the organization’s tax exempt status removed or, at the very least, more relentless mockery.

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *
    • Like Like x 6
    • Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. anon8109 Member

Back in 2008, Anonymous declared war on Scientology. It was the first time a lot of people had ever heard of Anonymous and anyone who understood how Scientology worked — myself included — reveled in the idea of a shadowy and incorporeal entity taking on a group who, for the first time, was left utterly helpless. Anonymous turned Scientology’s own cloak-and-dagger tactics against it and it was admittedly a hell of a lot of fun to watch.
    • Like Like x 8
  8. afternon Member

And to be a part of! xx
    • Like Like x 6
  9. anoninoob Member

tweets here are FRACKING GOLDEN!!!!!
    • Like Like x 3
  10. seems to me Mr. Mike Rinder is still a $cientologist and a lover of LConHubbab ... see his latest article promoting the indies center in Israel: http://www. mikerindersblog .org/ dror-center-two-years-on /
    • Like Like x 3
  11. Random guy Member

Rinder cater to all sides. He has publicly stated it's not "all Miscavige's fault".

He don't want to chase the Indies and "under the radar" people off his blog.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 1
  13. Disambiguation Global Moderator

14. The Wrong Guy Member

Scientology Reps Bully Sundance Going Clear Reviewers | Flavorwire

By Jason Bailey

On January 27, four hours after my review of Going Clear was published on Flavorwire, our editorial director Elizabeth Spiers — not just my boss, but my boss’ boss — received this email from Karin Pouw, Director of Public Affairs for Church of Scientology International.

https://flavorwire.com/502163/exclu...e-church-of-scientologys-war-on-film-critics/

Church of Scientology Representatives Now Bullying Film Critics | Criticwire

Jason Bailey writes that Flavorwire received an email from the Church of Scientology in response to his review – and he's not the only one.

http://blogs.indiewire.com/criticwi...sentatives-now-bullying-film-critics-20150202
    • Like Like x 7
    • Like Like x 3
  15. Disambiguation Global Moderator

• Like Like x 3
  16. anon8109 Member

what’s interesting about this tactic is how neatly it comports with the film’s portrayal of the Church as a hive of shady, paranoid control freaks. The assumption is that they merely have to email film writers, chastise them for not doing something that’s never been done in the history of film criticism, and get them to run their response with unblinking acceptance
    • Like Like x 4
  17. anon8109 Member

• Like Like x 3
  18. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 5
    • Like Like x 5
  19. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 6
  20. Quentinanon Member

That quote describes scientology exactly.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 3
  21. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 3
  22. The following is from a teaser page. One must by the dead tree version of the magazine to get the entire article.

Grazia UK: http://www.graziadaily.co.uk/2014/11/get-the-latest-issue-of-grazia#.VNKNuKPLdW0

The Scandal That’s Rocking Hollywood

Scientology is mentioned almost daily in the tabloids, whether for a latest scandal or allegation. This time though it’s centred on a documentary that has premiered at the Sundance film festival. Featuring Tom Cruise, Nicole Kidman and John Travolta, this documentary has made waves, ones that the Church of Scientology has tried extremely hard to stop.
    • Like Like x 5
  23. Anonymous Member

@freedomethics is very entertaining.
  24. anon8109 Member

• Like Like x 2
  25. anon8109 Member

There a slough of spam youtube vids advertising "Scientology and the Prison of Belief: Full Movie" with a fake 301+ number of views as soon as they appear.
    They point to some url that I don't want to try clicking.

I wonder what is behind this. Is it a run of the mill spammer? is it some kind of hacking scheme to break into people's machines? or something else?
  26. TrevAnon Member

The shortcut link gets me to http:// hayuclick . com/play.php?movie=4257858 BROKEN LINK FOR SAFETY.

If I click play I have to log in.

BRB cleaning computer. :)

Domain Name: HAYUCLICK.COM
    Registry Domain ID:
    Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.hostinger.com
    Registrar URL:
    Updated Date: 2014-10-01T15:00:59Z
    Creation Date: 2014-09-12T14:50:52Z
    Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2015-09-12T14:50:52Z
    Registrar: Hostinger, UAB
    Registrar IANA ID: 1636
    Registrar Abuse Contact Email:
    Registrar Abuse Contact Phone:
    Domain Status: OK
    Registry Registrant ID: PP-SP-001
    Registrant Name: Domain Admin
    Registrant Organization: Privacy Protection Service INC d/b/a PrivacyProtect.org
    Registrant Street: C/O ID#10760, PO Box 16 Note - Visit PrivacyProtect.org to contact the domain owner/operator Note - Visit PrivacyProtect.org to contact the domain owner/operator
    Registrant City: Nobby Beach
    Registrant State/Province: Queensland
    Registrant Postal Code: QLD 4218
    Registrant Country: AU
    Registrant Phone: +45.36946676
    Registrant Phone Ext:
    Registrant Fax:
    Registrant Fax Ext:
    Registrant Email: contact@privacyprotect.org
    Registry Admin ID: PP-SP-001
    Admin Name: Domain Admin
    Admin Organization: Privacy Protection Service INC d/b/a PrivacyProtect.org
    Admin Street: C/O ID#10760, PO Box 16 Note - Visit PrivacyProtect.org to contact the domain owner/operator Note - Visit PrivacyProtect.org to contact the domain owner/operator
    Admin City: Nobby Beach
    Admin State/Province: Queensland
    Admin Postal Code: QLD 4218
    Admin Country: AU
    Admin Phone: +45.36946676
    Admin Phone Ext:
    Admin Fax:
    Admin Fax Ext:
    Admin Email: contact@privacyprotect.org
    Registry Tech ID: PP-SP-001
    Tech Name: Domain Admin
    Tech Organization: Privacy Protection Service INC d/b/a PrivacyProtect.org
    Tech Street: C/O ID#10760, PO Box 16 Note - Visit PrivacyProtect.org to contact the domain owner/operator Note - Visit PrivacyProtect.org to contact the domain owner/operator
    Tech City: Nobby Beach
    Tech State/Province: Queensland
    Tech Postal Code: QLD 4218
    Tech Country: AU
    Tech Phone: +45.36946676
    Tech Phone Ext:
    Tech Fax:
    Tech Fax Ext:
    Tech Email: contact@privacyprotect.org
    Name Server: ns.beonintermedia.com
    Name Server: ns.jagoanhosting.com
    Name Server: ns.jagoanweb.com
    DNSSEC:Unsigned
    URL of the ICANN WHOIS Data Problem Reporting System:
    http://wdprs.internic.net/
    >>>Last update of WHOIS database: 2014-10-20T21:20:32+0000Z<<<
    • Like Like x 2
  27. anon8109 Member

So phishing?
    • Like Like x 1
  28. Anonymous Member

Without yet investigating, and on pure speculation, based on what you've reported so far, I would say *Yes* to your question.
  29. Mike Rinder: “Don’t Freak Out”

http://www.mikerindersblog.org/dont-freak-out/

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

The Razzline is doing an effective job of “spreading the flap” — letting everyone know about the HBO “hatchet job” that is coming…

Working in league with the church, they are demonstrating remarkable prowess in making this the most well promoted documentary ever to appear on HBO, perhaps on television.

Sent: Friday, January 30, 2015 6:58 AM
    To: TheRazzLine Email Service
    Subject: Opinion. Re “Hatchet Jobs” on the church and the most recent movie.

Don’t freak out and don’t be effect every time some self-important jerk does a ‘hatchet job’ on Scientology. I’ve been on lines for nearly 40 years, watching ‘them’ re-cycle the same crap over and over. Some witch hunter gets the villagers all stirred up and they light their torches and march up the mountain. Except instead of finding monsters, they find us; people who are actually interested in them, who grant them beingness, who see their rightness and point it out. Who go about our lives working on bettering things and people. When the villagers can’t resolve what they’ve heard with what they actually find, they put out their torches and go find something else to do.

I have quite a few friends, acquaintances and in-laws who are non-Scientologists. They’ve heard all the same media crap, but since they like me, they don’t bother trying to figure it all out. The ones above 2.0 stick. The ones below 2.0 leave (for some reason, I don’t miss them). I have one good friend who has gone from absolute white-faced shock at finding out I was a Scientologist, to describing me to others as “highly intellectual” (which I find amusing as hell). I have another friend who is working on his second PhD dissertation, who told me I’m the only one he can discuss any topic with. It’s all because of what I’ve learned from LRH.

The point is, Don’t sweat it when these media attacks happen. When a bully can’t make you run, he finds someone else that will.

End of Opinion.

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *
    • Like Like x 3