Customize

"Alleged Travolta Extortionist: I’m Innocent"

Discussion in 'Jett Travolta' started by Oinkertron9000, Jan 25, 2009.

1. "Alleged Travolta Extortionist: I’m Innocent"

Alleged Travolta Extortionist: I’m Innocent | The Celebrity Truth

And another

http://64.90.166.18/news/travolta-friend-insists-hes-innocent-extortion
  2. azonymous Member

Re: "Alleged Travolta Extortionist: I’m Innocent"

Interesting
    Expected
    partial truths

moar
  3. NotBobMinton Member

Scilons will still hang his butt out to dry. If I were him, I'd spill with whatever I know. He isn't going to be done any favors.
  4. Re: "Alleged Travolta Extortionist: I’m Innocent"

Smells like fair game. But whatever for?
    (making tinfoil hat now...)
  5. pardmepard Member

Dead agenting at work here.
  6. auchraw Member

How long does Pleasant have before she finds the stress too much and becomes an hero? Assuming, as is only logical, that she really does hold information that is worth $10-20 million dollars to the Revoltas?

Quote: Smells like fair game. But whatever for?

What is fair game ever for? To draw off ir divert an enemy until they are alone and vulnerable. It is a declaration that there is truth in the criticism.
  7. TheBitch Member

8. Mutante Member

Interesting speculation in other similarly titled threads.
  9. Mutante Member

Plot thickens in Travolta extortion case
    By Stephen Foley in New York
    Sunday, 25 January 2009

Police in the Bahamas are deepening their investigation into an alleged plot to extort up to $25m from Hollywood star John Travolta over the death of his 16-year-old son.

A prominent politician on the island of Grand Bahama, Pleasant Bridgewater, quit as a member of the Bahamas senate over the weekend, and investigators questioned a former tourism minister who had claimed to be a close friend of the Travoltas.

Sixteen-year-old Jett Travolta was found unconscious in a bathroom at the family’s holiday home on the island on 2 January, and hospital authorities concluded he died of a seizure.

Tarino Lightbourne, a paramedic who said he tried to revive him is still in custody, on suspicion of being part of an extortion plot, although neither the local police nor Mr Travolta’s lawyers have released details of the alleged scam.

Early reports suggested that Mr Lightbourne and others had been trying to get money in return for suppressing a photo of the 16-year-old just before he died, but conflicting accounts are now circulating in the island of 75,000 people.

The former tourism minister, Obie Wilchcombe, was questioned by police last Friday, it has emerged. He was involved in a negotiation with Mr Travolta’s lawyers which, according to some allegations, demanded payments of between $10m and $25m. He was released without charge.

Mr Wilchcombe, a close friend of the Saturday Night Fever and Pulp Fiction star, made a round of television appearances in the days after the tragedy death, saying he had been with the family in the hours after his son’s death.

On CNN’s Larry King Live, Mr Wilchcombe shared intimate details of the funeral home and the cremation of Jett Travolta.

Ms Bridgewater, a leading lawyer and politician in the island, angrily vowed to clear her name, as she submitted her resignation from the 16-member senate appointed by the Bahamas governor-general, the Queen’s representative. She had been acting as a lawyer, and the charges of extortion were “untrue and unfair”, Ms Bridgewater said.

"How these innocent actions can be so misconstrued, so perversely twisted to mean something other than it was, is a mystery," she said without providing more details.

Ms Bridgewater is free on bail. The leader of the opposition party, former Prime Minister Perry Christie, said in a statement that he regrets the turn of events and accepted Ms Bridgewater’s resignation.

John Travolta and wife Kelly Preston have returned to the US with the remains of their son. The couple have said Jett became sick when he was two years old and was diagnosed with Kawasaki Syndrome, an illness that leads to inflamed blood vessels. They blamed household cleaners and fertilizers and said a detoxification program based on teachings from the Church of Scientology helped improve his health. Outsiders have repeatedly claimed that Jett exhibited signs of autism, a condition which the Church of Scientology does not recognise.

The couple said at the time of his death that they were "heartbroken that our time with him was so brief".
    Jett was the couple’s only son. They have a daughter, eight-year-old Ella Bleu.

Last week, the Travolta family sparked a mystery by filing their extortion plot, saying: “Regrettably, in a time of such terrible grief, there are often a few individuals who attempt to make false claims in hopes of making millions of dollars. We will never let that happen."

Reports today suggested that family lawyers had entered negotiations with the people involved in the plot, in order to help gather evidence.
  10. Re: "Alleged Travolta Extortionist: I’m Innocent"

How about feeding the media with with something else to talk about apart from/instead of the mental health issues that seem to have made their rounds? Just wondering.
  11. Mutante Member

Check out the Independent article above. There's still plenty of interest in the health angle.
  12. Anonynamefag Member

I agree. The way I'm reading this, it reeks of Fair Game.

There is more to this than they're letting on.
  13. tazor Member

Who else thinks that the Travolta's won't be welcomed back to the Bahamas? LOL
  14. exOT8Michael Member

****************************************************************** !!

The defendants' lawyers should study up on Scientology/Scientologists' Fair Game tactics.
    This does look like the culties are terrified of somethng coming out. If I were them I would look to demanding the Travoltas' Scientology ethics and auditing files as part of discovery. Those folders would contain the reasons for the pressing of charges but are being hidden from defendants. The fear of having to produce those personal folders might make the case suddenly go away.
    Trufax.

****************************************************************** !!
  15. Zak McKracken Member

I haven't read all the threads associated with this-
    but is anyone (of us) launching harpoons at the defendants/lawyers
    in this case, to let them know they have /b/lackup???

I guess, GB or his associates might be logical parties to make such overtures. I'm not sure if this is useful or unuseful--- but it seems quite possible that Bahamanian lolyers (even, perhaps, very good ones) may not have the depth of experience dealing with Scilonology that some of us do.

Edit:

the fag posting underneath me vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
    also speaks the truth
  16. Anonynamefag Member

THIS MAN SPEAKS THE TRUTH
  17. MrNiceNice Member

(OT8Michael)

BRB (tinfoil)

Travolta/clam/lawyers. In trying to clean up any and all loose ends initiate
    contact first. Offer cash for silence. Enter greed & uhmmm..."questionable"
    politician.

Not quite a honey/money-trap as the ambulance attendant may have
    spoken semi-off the record. If "Tarino Lightbourne, a paramedic" is
    really a certified 'medic' his observations would outwiegh ANYTHING
    anybody else might have observed. If he wasn't playing ball he would
    need to be silenced.

From reading a couple of Bahama MBs I get the impression that your
    corruption dollars go a lot further(in these troubled economic times)
    in the Bahamas.

either/neither. Wouldn't be suprised to find the Travolta camp made the
    first move. Maybe via "Obie". Let's see what Lightbourne has to say.
    If ever.
    (added as edit to push post into tl/dr...)
    There has to be a "run sheet" on the "call". Tarino must have written
    something that didn't fit the official story. (see dead agenting...)

tinfoil back on turkey.
  18. azonymous Member

Tarino Lightbourne - works as an EMT/on the ambulance, is a union member of The National Congress of Trade Unions.
    The union pres. John Pinder supposedly came on the news saying that Lighthouse didn’t do anything wrong and that they were "excited about the exposure”.

John Pinder might be representing the interests of Lightbourne.

NCTUB Home

Contact info
    John Pinder
  19. azonymous Member

Speculation and gossip close to the source

# 1
    # 2
  20. MrNiceNice Member

...don't know what happend to your quotes...ei8beta...sux
    bettin' the doc is the "run sheet". Rough guess 3 copies.
    1-original- patient record, 2-copy- in-house amb srv, 3-
    copy some form of NatHealthSrvc (?)

http://www.bahamasissues.com/showthread.php?t=21012

(scrollllll blahblah srollllll)
    Islandgyal. posts #4 and #16 (edit-not #18)
    could have been written in WWP.
    "How these innocent actions can be so misconstrued,
    so perversely twisted to mean something other than it was, is a mystery."

Heard this song before. New melody. Familiar words.
  21. azonymous Member

not from tmz

good point...
  22. cowboyanon2 Member

i have not heard anything about a document.. all that is known from tmz is that is not a photo..
  23. cowboyanon2 Member

oh sorry hadn't read the other thread yet..
  24. azonymous Member

What could be on Jett's autopsy report that could show neglect?
  25. anonymous1312 Member

Probably nothing as the autopsy was overseen by the Travolta's family doctor. This kind of favouritism makes me raaaage.
  26. TheBitch Member

Cause of Death: Uncontrolled Anal Hemorrhage, Origin Unknown
  27. MrNiceNice Member

from MB cited above/same thread.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ******
    ******, somebody from the church of scientology tief ya man eh?
    [Response]
    no , but a friend of mine got creamed by them some twenty years ago, so i have an idea as to what they can be capable of.
    EndQuote

see. Oh& she seen dem what dem done there. 20 years ago.

note: tief ya man eh?= steal(thief) from you perhaps?
  28. TheBitch Member

Seems like the reply is incredulity. Silly person doesn't know how little change for $cientology in 20 years in terms of tactics and willingness to pursue them to the fullest extent if the environment favors them.
  29. Re: "Alleged Travolta Extortionist: I’m Innocent"

No...'stole your man from you eh?'

and I been told that perhaps we would be wise to edit out the nick...it seems we may have an ally there, let's not make their job harder
  30. TheBitch Member

Just throwin this out here...

Boob_Kitten.jpg

/popcorn
  31. Ann O'Nymous Member

Not sure, IMHO. We don't know enough about what was the object of the alleged extorsion and where this person was (e.g. death scene). If I remember well, police denied it was a picture.
    Does the legal status of these files have been questioned in courts in the US ? In Europe, especially in France, there are laws limiting strictly what information can be gathered on individuals.
  32. azonymous Member

Police haz document nao

The Freeport News - Document in police custody

33. Ann O'Nymous Member

34. Anonynamefag Member

We should /r/ what's on the document.
  35. none given Member

Right after Jett died me and another posted in the Bahama's board. we got mixed reactions. a few seemed interested and one actually came here and translated what she read into patois, posted it down there.

There is some sincere interest.
    There is also a mission (open but they told me mostly empty) in the city of Freeport.
  36. WTF Member

Ya mon, we be mullin dis ting obah

37. cowboyanon2 Member

yea.. seems consensus is that travolta's lawyer is a douche bag for turning on bridgewater. someone in her own party.. and screwing the bahama's image... and bridgewater seems to be widely supported..

and obie seems like he is just not trusted by anyone...
  38. Re: "Alleged Travolta Extortionist: I’m Innocent"

Well now that the document is in custody it can be "misplaced"
  39. azonymous Member

Bahamanonymous tidbits

OK, I got a story for y'all. Let's suppose that Jett Travolta didn't suffer from Kawasaki syndrome.
    Let's suppose that he suffered from a disease that the Scientologists do not believe in.
    Let's suppose that he died from a seizure caused by this disease.
    Let us suppose that if the disease was properly treated, Jett would not have died.
    Let's suppose that attempts were made to change a legal document attesting to the cause of death, and those attempts were successful.
    Let us suppose that an original copy of the document got out.
    That document would be worth money and there would be a feeding frenzy about Jett's death not being an accident.
    The Travoltas would be culpable in the death of Jett by not getting proper medical attention.
    The document would just need one word in it from a competent Bahamian medical authority, and the scientologists and the Travoltas would be cooked.
    Just a story.

what about the original story that suggested that jett had been left alone for ten hours?
    how do we know that he was even BREATHING in that ambulance?
    what with travolta's flight log showing their private jet going back and forth and back and forth to florida over those few days, there are way too many questions as to what was happening to that poor boy.
    and when.
    and i still think that the original offer may have been to compensate the ambulance driver for his discretion in the matter.

i do believe that the question at the moment IS whether or not these folks actually extorted the sums as claimed, or were offered compensation for keeping their mouth shut ... which acceptance got twisted around in the media frenzy that followed (courtesy of people too willing to believe the worst about their own countrymen without checking for extenuating facts first).

i'm late to the party on this, but am wondering whether there is ANY possibility of this PR disaster having been concocted by the church of scientology as a smokescreen to prevent any investigation of jett's strange death???