Customize

Amanda Palmer's Sea Org Scientology Connections

Discussion in 'Media' started by KlaatuBaradaNichto, May 5, 2012.

1. afp

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. Anonymous Member

interesting
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Anonymous Member

AFP 1 - conspiracy theorists 0
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Anonymous Member

Glad she can so definitely distinguish her "kicks tarter" money from the rest of the "dumb" ass money she'll give to the cult. A cultie = a cultie.
    • Like Like x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. Anonymous Member

Amanda, i know that wanting to post nude pics of yourself everywhere is a natural thing

http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2012/05/opinion-naked-sexting/

The Urge to Sext Naked Self-Portraits Is Primal

But it fails to meet most tests for substantial dialogue. So does pooping in public. We know you aren't going to use kickstarter money for the cult. The cult will merely skim your profit realized from the project funded by kickstarter.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. http://blog.amandapalmer.net/post/23651623040/kickstarter-smurf-tits-scientology-oh-my-the
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Ok so this is getting lost in the whole conversation:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects...the-new-record-art-book-and-tour?ref=category

I PAID A DOLLAR FOR AN ALBUM!

4562 Backers
    {DIGITAL DOWNLOAD} digital download of album...with bonus songs & kickstarter-exclusive content.

I mean am I really supporting Scientology with my 1$? What is worse that or going to see MIB 3? Seriously people its not like people are being forced to fund Amanda Palmer or to Vote for Mitt Romney even though they may have odd beliefs. I think this whole Kickstarter thing will scare the shit out of the record industry which should be of more importance to you people with the Guy Fawkes mask.

And that being said Guy Fawkes was his ages Lee Harvey. He took the fall for pushing a barrel of cornstarch under parliament. Then his conspirators fled to America where their offspring became the 41st and 43 president of the united states. Have you heard of Bohemian Grove, have you studied other esoteric religions? Yes Scientology abuses its followers sucks them of their money and warps their minds. So does nearly every other group that shares a common belief (definition of cult{science fitting that same definition}) in human history. How many have the Catholics killed? how many little boys have been buggered? do we question Catholic artists donations? Agreed there is a vast difference between the two but there is still a valid analogy to be made. I know that most of you are apostates and have had your lives destroyed. but is pre-buying an Amanda Palmer album for 1$ any worse then pre-buying Guild Wars 2 for 80$ My bet is there are some Scientologists on staff of Arena Net...

I say the real enemy is the record industry in this issue and we should be on the side of Palmer. If you cannot from a personal vendetta support it, then I understand completely. But life is about picking your battles and often as not the enemy of my enemy is my friend. And If Gaiman and Palmer are using Scientology to get more famous what are their options? lose all your family and friends and inheritance or go along to get along. They choose the cowards route and that is a shame. That doesn't mean that they aren't both good artists (who these days must be tireless self promoters or starve) and that we should look the other way when they threaten to topple the record industry.

All I am basically saying is that 1$ is a steal for an album that you look forward to. And I doubt one red cent of it will go to helping more people grab soup cans and talk about their childhood.

And to be clear IF I had 10K to throw away for no apparent reason I would drop that kind of money to have her play the ukelele and drink with me...and I would ask her about Scientology when she was drunk and then I could tell you guys about it. I would be money better spent then the 40k a plate dinner Clooney threw for Obama. How much you want to bet their were a shit ton of Scientologists at that shin dig.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  8. Why does Amanda have Smurf tits?
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. LMFAO! I get it the Smurfs are an analogy for Scientology and she is Smurphette and Gaiman is Papa
    Smurf.!
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  10. Anonymous Member

Because Neil likes to Smuck on them?
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. Anonymous Member

Why pay her at all? It's not like her hubby's ever going to be broke and he has his family fortune reaped from other's pain that he will never disconnect from. I can see why others are complaining about her using a service developed for struggling artists.

I used to like the pair before they started getting all coy about their scientology shit. Once I know none of my monies is going to Sci, I might buy something of theirs again.

Sorry it is not the same as Roman Catholosism. The diocese doesn't gang bang sec check for loyalty nor do they hold you in a room until you sign over your life savings and child rape appears in most patriarchal sects including the scis.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Herro Member

Amanda Fucking Palmer. Gotta love her.
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Anonymous Member

I gotta say, Amanda Palmer "answered" without really answering. Because the real question is, are you and Neil still in?

Seems like they must be in. And if they're in, they are part of the mission to expand the realms of Scientology, Inc., regardless of what their bookkeeper does with the numbers.
    • Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1

14. You already do fund Scientology, you dumb bitch. You married a GAIMAN. Amanda Palmer's Kickstarter money is from S.C.I.E.N.T.O.L.O.G.Y
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Anonymous Member

She funds Scientology by taking money from Scientology?

What?

Could you try to be just a tad less rabid?
    • Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1

16. Sorry. You're right. The Smurf Tits sent me into a rage.

Amanda Palmer is from a Sea Org family. She has been paying the cult her whole life and so has Gaiman. I personally believe Scientology has ordered their followers to contribute to Kickstarter so that the cult does not have to directly pay for the Neil Gaiman/Amanda Palmer pooping-on-stage-show. This way, Scientology cult members shoulder the weight of the Gaiman/Palmer show because it makes no money.

Why do I think this?

Because Amanda Palmer was dropped from her record company due to the fact she brought in no money, she was a liability. When a record company makes no money, they drop you, plain and simple. Neil Gaiman has had to campaign relentlessly at New-York-Times-reporting bookstores to make it onto the Times list. Gaiman has always been able to tap into the G&G money, just like a trust fund kid.

The numbers do not add up.

When you look at the breakdown of the Kickstarter list, you'll see large donations. The total made from Kickstarter is out of proportion with Amanda Palmer's earning power. This sum is from fantasy land for either of these two clams.

This is very much in the tradition of the Gaiman playbook since David Gaiman made land deals in Birmingham, forcing the rank and file to pay and taking the profit.

Amanda Palmer can also write off all donations, so Gaiman and Palmer will take a nice write off due to their contributions to the cult.

The Kickstarter money looks like a scam or a payoff to Gaiman/Palmer so Scientology can keep the millions flowing in from G&G Vitamins.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. Herro Member

D0mhM.jpg
    Herro
    This message by Herro has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
    • Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  18. Anonymous Member

There are lots of first-person accounts from when CoS was manipulating the best seller lists for Hubbard. Boxes of books arriving at stores with another book store's stickers on them already. (Scilons buying books and then recycling them.)

Got any similar accounts for Gaiman's books?
    • Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Good question.

The Gaiman's first short story book was published with Greg Ketter, who owns DreamHaven books in Minneapolis, home of the Super Powers Center Neil Gaiman funneled half a million to through Blank Corp/Mary Gaiman. This is also the ORG Gaiman is building as a Cornerstone Club member. It would have been easy for Gaiman to buy his own books, especially with a dinky little press like Dreamhaven. Self publishing really.

Palmer and Gaiman are probably trying to do something similar... create an illusion that there is an audience. If I could only figure out what exactly they are trying to sell....hmmmn.

Ear plugs?
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. Herro Member

Do we need to post the rather impressive list of literary awards Gaiman has won... again?
    • Dumb Dumb x 1

21. Kickstarter is the perfect Scientology scam. Anonymous funding. Just put out a call and Scientology robots fund Gaiman/Palmer's dumb rock star fantasy. Scientology gives them what they want and takes their cut of the G&G money. Perfect scam.

The same scam Neil Gaiman's old man, David Bernard Gaiman pulled in the Birmingham Land Deal.

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?8486-Interesting-Co-related-land-deals-in-UK.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  22. Ha, ha... nice try Herro. Gaiman's awards were given to him by all his incestuous pals in the Sci Fi community. Greg Ketter publishes the guy, then gives him an award.

In the meantime, Gaiman can't get a mainstream review, unless you count the ones panning his shitty movies.

But I digress.

All I care about is the fact Gaiman feeds the cult big money and is building a Super Powers Center.

Here's an award for him.

Neil Gaiman wins the Cowardly Dickhead Award.

[IMG]
    • Agree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  23. DeathHamster Member

Yes, sure, it was all just some incestuous pals. You come across as a frothing nutter when you say that.
    Oddball, conflict of interest, uncited and WTF awards removed. (Character limit.)
    • Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  24. DeathHamster Member

So, no dox of any publishing hijinx. You realize that with small label publishers, buying your own books would stick out like a sore CN Tower?

Do you actually have any dox of a connection between Greg Ketter and Scientology or are you completely barking mad?

Oh never mind. Answer: You're completely barking mad and you poison research in serious topics by posting shit that doesn't have any backing facts, and when people point out that you're wrong, you bounce back with the same shit over and over again. You remind me of a certain cult in that way.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  25. Anonymous Member

The ratings / mauve / taupe button thingy is temporarily broke, so,

"like" "friendly"," informative", and "opposite of goatse" < /r/ WWP .jpg of this last one
  26. Dott Member

The ratings / mauve / taupe button hi-tek thingy is temporarily broke, so,

"like" "friendly"," informative", and "opposite of goatse" < /r/ WWP .jpg of this last one
  27. Another one?
  28. muldrake Member

The cult arranged ALL of them. ALL OF THEM!

im-not-saying-its-a-conspiracy-its-aliens.jpg
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  29. Anonymous Member

I liked and bought his stuff before I discovered that my monies were going to sci whether thru him or his ex. I don't fucking care how many awards he's won. That I gave money to scientology thru my enjoyment of his work sickens me to the fucking core.

His disingenuous, 'am I in or out' weaseling has turned me off since, I don't care if I read another word he writes regardless of quality. Marrying Amanda 'poopy pants' Palmer (who used to be edgy before she was awful) really hasn't helped my view of him.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  30. Anonymous Member

If afp wrote "yes, I'm out of Scientology. we're both out. duh! but I can't really talk about it other than on my boob" on her boob, it wouldn't necessarily prove anything, but it would go a long way.

All we know so far, is that she's transgressive and maybe a bit suppressive.
    It's a start.

Thanks for joining this conversation. Talk to LMP, and get your shore stories straight, ok?

https://whyweprotest.net/wiki/Former_Church_of_Scientology_members_who_have_spoken_out#P
    ^^^^
    is ready whenever you are
  31. Anonymous Member

btw, thanks for the ack
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  32. grebe Member

I think someone should make AFP a nice sammich before she wastes away.
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  33. I couldn't have said it better.
    • Like Like x 1
  34. pooks Member

Amanda Palmer Dramatically Answers Questions About Her Connection to Scientology

By Tony Ortega Tue., May 29 2012 at 5:30 AM

Categories: Scientology

AFPSmurfSmall-thumb-250x159.jpg
    A few weeks ago, we noted that Amanda Palmer -- the musician who performs as a solo act and as one half of the Dresden Dolls and Evelyn Evelyn -- made a rather dramatic appearance at Kate Bornstein's book party, held at Dixon Place.
    Right about that same time, Palmer was also making news for taking her career in a bold new direction -- unmoored from her record label, she is releasing a new album the indie way, and launched a Kickstarter project to fund production of it. With an initial goal of $100,000, the project is nearing a million dollars from almost 20,000 contributors.

more at:

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runni...bters_about_her_connection_to_scientology.php
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  35. Anonymous Member

If you ask Neil to write so much on your body, that would be a silly answer.

The issue is kick-starter is used by CoS as a anonymous way to fund AFP. Even the dumbest Herro can understand that.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  36. Herro Member

After reading those posts, this popped into my head:

kintvsgoro.gif
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  37. Herro Member

IT'S LIKE YOU KILLED LISA MCPHERSON ALL OVER AGAIN YOU MONSTER!!!!!
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  38. failboat Member

She looks better on her back.

That sounds like a challenge. Ladies?
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  39. Anonymous Member

Gonna take a younger femanon than me, sorry, I've had far more children than AFP: although, to be fair I did think about writing a message on a blow-up sex doll and posting that.
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  40. Amazingly, AFP manages to turn the funding question upside down and not actually answer any of the real questions about her family's involvement.

Palmer and Gaiman have obviously taken lessons from the best, David and Sheila Gaiman:

[IMG]

B O A R D T E C H N I C A L B U L L E T I N

OF 10 DECEMBER 1969
    REISSUED AS BTB 21 JUNE 1975

CANCELS
    HCO Bulletin of 10 DECEMBER 1969
    SAME TITLE

PRO COURSE
    Not for distribution

CONFIDENTIAL

REPORTER TRS

Answering non loaded questions

Purpose:
    To train a PRO to answer such questions with confidence and simplicity, as are often asked by reporters. EG., What is Scientology ®? What's Clear , OT ? How does an E-Meter work?

Method:
    The PRO and 'reporter' sit across a table facing each other. The 'reporter' asks the questions and the PRO must answer, without a long communication lag and in a way which readily communicates to the reporter. The drill is coached as in the TRs.

The drill is passed when the PRO is confident he can answer the basic questions asked about Scientology.

No Answer

Purpose:
    To train a PRO to give a 'no answer' to questions he has no wish to answer directly.

Method:
    To begin with the reporter reading the questions asked LRH by 'The Sun' reporter Victor Chapple—and the PRO reads LRH's answers. This is just to accustom him to the idea of 'no answer'.

Then using different questions, the PRO gives 'no answers'. The trick is to appear to answer the question by giving generalized statements in simple terms so that the reporter doesn't realize his question hasn't been answered.

The PRO should be completely causative over the communication and end it with certainty, so that the reporter gets this and goes on to the next question.

Non-sequitur events

Purpose:
    To enable a PRO to practice getting his "message" across and tag it on to any current event. Also a preparation for the day when our PROs will be asked to comment on current events.

Method:
    One person has a newspaper in front of him and reads out a headline (and perhaps a line or two of the story if necessary for the PRO's understanding of it). Ask the PRO what comment he would like to make on it. The PRO should comment briefly and lead from this into his message.

The drill is passed when the PRO can tack a message on to virtually any event, smoothly and with reality.

View a scanned image of page 2

Handling a suppressive T.V. Interviewer

Purpose:
    To train a PRO to get his message across in spite of the 'interviewer', in the few short minutes usually available on television. This is so that … million people have no doubts after the programme what the Scientologist stands for and what he is against.

Method:
    The PRO and interviewer face each other and the interviewer asks questions. The PRO attaches his message in varying forms to as many answers as possible. If the interviewer is SP he must be introverted as in the hat write up, and then the PRO has his "say". The interview has been successful when the PRO has got his message across to his satisfaction.

Handling an SP

By overwhelm

Purpose:
    To train a PRO to be able to establish Ethics presence over an SP reporter if the occasion arises, by such things as shouting, banging, pointing, swearing. To do this completely causatively until the poor reporter is 'caved in '.

Method:
    The reporter and PRO sit across a table facing each other and the reporter asks SP questions. The PRO overwhelms without judgement in answer to the SP question until he does it with reality, causativeness and the overwhelm really reaches the reporter. TR 1 is a part of this drill — there is no point saying the words if they don't reach the other guy.

By being knowingly covertly hostile

Purpose:
    To train the PRO to handle an SP reporter by word alone without the use of force as in (a). He uses the word as a rapier and plunges it at the reporter, so that the reporter introverts and drops the question.

Method:
    The PRO and reporter sit across a table and the reporter asks SP type questions.

The PRO observes what would be a button in relation to the question asked and throws this back with good TR 1 so that it reaches home. If the reporter is introverted the PRO is successful. If the reporter persists with the same question the PRO should not re-press the same button — it obviously didn't work. He should drop it and use another one. If the PRO cannot think of a snide reply the reporter should just say "flunk, you haven't handled me. Start — " or some such remark — but should not tell the PRO what to say. When the confusion has come off the PRO will be able to handle and have a big win.

The drill is completed when the PRO is willing to create a cave in with an accurate snide remark, question or statement.

By stalling for time

Purpose:
    To train a PRO to maintain his confront and composure when given some SP sensational news by a reporter, of which he has no prior knowledge.

Method:
    The reporter asks the PRO for his comments on an entheta situation involving a Scientologist.

View a scanned image of page 3

The PRO maintains his ethics presence and duplicates the reporter's nasty angle to his satisfaction. He then stalls for time and gets the reporter to wait a few minutes or hours or so (whatever is necessary) while he checks his facts.

The drill is passed when the PRO is confident that he could not be taken off guard by a reporter by being presented by an unknown situation.

By handling the reporter in front of you (verbal Karate)

Purpose:
    To train a PRO to handle the reporter in front of him, with judgement in present time.

Method:
    The PRO and the reporter sit across a table facing each other. The PRO is asked a miscellany of questions If it is a genuine question, he can answer it, if possible tacking his message on to the reply. If the question puts him the least bit at effect , he takes this flow and turns it towards the reporter with an even greater velocity. He does this either by a snide remark, question or comment, or by physical overwhelm, whichever seems the right action to establish ethics presence.

He should never allow himself to be put at effect, and should not tolerate it even for an instant, but immediately attack back.

The drill is passed when the PRO no longer uses a machine or method to handle the reporter — but he is totally there, confident and handling.

Comment If your student experiences difficulty on these Trs one of two things are out: a) Scientology TRs 0–IV are not flat or b) he slipped through a previous Reporter TR without a weakness or button on him being found and flattened.

History These drills have been evolved by PRO WW to train anyone on a gradient scale to handle any situation a reporter could pose. They are based on the HCOP/L 3.2.69 Public Image which states "Don't defend Scn, attack bad conditions and bad hats!"

By Sheila Gaiman
    PRAWW

From the hat write up of
    David Gaiman
    PR Chief WW

Reissued as BTB by
    Flag Mission 1234 I/C
    CPO Andrea Lewis

for the
    BOARDS OF DIRECTORS OF THE
    CHURCHES OF SCIENTOLOGY

http://www.solitarytrees.net/racism/reporter.htm