Customize

Anne Archer takes on Human Trafficking

Discussion in 'Celebrity News' started by Smurf, Jun 3, 2009.

1. Smurf Member

Anne Archer takes on Human Trafficking

Archer targets human trafficking

For Hollywood types concerned with international human rights issues, the town's newest hot ticket is an invitation to one of the salons actress Anne Archer is holding these days in her sprawling ranch house in one of the Westside's tonier canyons.

The salons, called the Hope and Human Rights Speakers Series, are sponsored by Archer's Artists for Human Rights group.

Next week's guest is activist and author Kevin Bales, president of Free the Slaves, an organization devoted to eradicating human trafficking. South African Nobel laureate Archbishop Desmond Tutu has called Bales, who won renown for his 1999 book "Disposable People," the world's "foremost authority on modern-day slavery." He's also received a Peabody and two Emmys for his documentaries on the problem.

Slavery may seem like a 19th century relic, but in his writing Bales points out that 27 million people around the globe currently are held in the kind of economic bondage we traditionally recognize as enslavement. Perhaps most shocking, activists estimate that 14,500 people are trafficked illegally into the United States each year to work in conditions that amount to slavery in places such as factories and brothels.

Archer is working closely on the series with longtime Hollywood activist and Participant Productions social conscience Bonnie Abaunza, who has helped the actress model these salons after those previously held by Artists for Amnesty.

Stars are tweeting mad about Prop. 8 decision - Los Angeles Times

Artists for Human Rights
  2. whosit Member

Re: Anne Archer takes on Human Trafficking

LOL irony
  3. Re: Anne Archer takes on Human Trafficking

Is she so out of touch about her own religion and what her son does for a living that she does not know it's ALL about human trafficking? Her own son is an active participant...GEESH. I feel another HARPOON opportunity coming on!
  4. mrfyde Member

They don't get it do they ? Now they are fighting against themselves to stop the damage done by their abuses by exposing their abuses.

They really need to stop getting advice from spin doctors for problems that are going to outlast the headlines.
  5. OTBT Member

SCIENTOLOGY HUMAN TRAFFICKING

6. Smurf Member

HCO Policy Letter of 13 August 1970, "Handling truth is a touchy business ... Tell an acceptable truth." L. Ron Hubbard, 13 August 1970.

Anne is well aware of what Tom does for a living, and despite the fact (per a family member) she is no longer on speaking grounds with him, it remains the responsibility of every good Scilon to deny the obvious and play the game that Scientology remains committed to social causes that cause suffering in the world.

Scientology works... it helps people (while scamming them out of $$$ at the same time).
  7. beef Member

Great post... I can taste the irony.
  8. Smurf Member

9. Re: Anne Archer takes on Human Trafficking

Save the kids of Scientologists staff who are neglected, abused and overworked, Anne , you incredible self-serving, hypocritical, hypnotized fraud.
  10. Django Member

FWIW, here's a mailto off his site: info@freetheslaves.net.

And here's one off of Archer's: mail@annearcher.com

Though I doubt she'd give a crap about a bunch SPs, however respectful.
  11. AnonLover Member

somebody should publish an open letter to miss archer, invite her attend the upcoming headley proceedings so she become informed and take action to address the human trafficking going on in her own church!
  12. A.Non Hubbard Member

If we find out how much money Anne has donated to the IAS, we could have a fixed figure on how much she financially supports the practice of human trafficking.
  13. Anonymous Member

harpoon sent to mr. bales.
  14. Anonymous Member

:)
  15. Herro Member

REDACTED DUE TO PROVIDED INFORMATION
  16. A.Non Hubbard Member

Yes, it's in Van Sickle's office.
  17. whosit Member

RPF?

edit: real evidence? no - otherwise we wouldn't even have to be doing this. DM would be in prison.
  18. Anonymous Member

The existence of evidence has little or no nothing to do with the timely prosecution and incarceration of criminals in the States. The fact that Miscavige is not yet in prison does not equate to there being a dearth of evidence. The name B. Madoff comes to mind but there are hundreds of other examples.
    Yeah, there is real evidence. It will be brought before the court soon enough in at least three cases I'm aware of.

Is there any evidence that zero has done anything to help expose the injustices perpertrated by the management of scientology?
    Is there any evidence that zero has done anything to support the cause or mission of those who take part in the protests or raids?
    I haven't seen any... in fact, quite the opposite.

Good post, Smurf. The hypocrisy of celebs promoting scientology needs more exposure.
  19. Anonymous Member

Yes.

People who'd never been in the cult but who had first and second hand information about current Sea Org members along with ex Sea Org members submitted information to Amnesty International last year. The information has carefully made it's way from the Southern Division in Atlanta to the National Offices in NYC to the London Offices that have more experience dealing with human trafficking.

Updates about the current Claire and Marc Headley cases, plus any information that's submitted to this website concerning anything to do with human trafficking has also been sent to Amnesty International.

AI goes over everything with a fine toothed comb to make sure before they make any statement against something.

Smarter people than you or I have looked at this human trafficking information and believe the horror stories.
  20. Herro Member

Ok, I'll retract my question. But I would feel more confident if you could provide a link to their findings.
  21. whosit Member

This is good to hear.

I'm a little confused though. zero?
  22. Anonymous Member

The "link" to their "findings"? Information was emailed to AI last year. The email link to the Southern Division in Atlanta was posted in a thread on the old enturbulation site. We were contacted by phone when the info was forwarded to NYC and then London. We were told this process would take quite a bit of time because they have to go over everything. Since most of the stories on the exscikids website were submitted along with a tremendous amount of first hand information from non-$cientologists who worked around Sea Org members and RPF'ers over a long period of time? Well, this is going to take some time.

Technically, they didn't "find" anything. We sent them info and they investigated.

The phone calls were not recorded. We were told that as soon as they had reached a decision, we would get another phone call. Since AI has been true to their word up to now, I tend to believe they will let us know as soon as they make a decision.

Since there is no link to their findings I can understand someone as skeptical as yourself not believing it until their final decision is handed down. In the meantime, if you want to refresh your memory on some of the info sent to Amnesty International, go read some of the horror stories on the exscikids website.
  23. Anon-007 Member

It's a shame that Anne is a Scilon. She's such a dirty girl, especially given her MILFiness.

I bet Tommy Davis is seriously annoyed that his mummy Anne is on anon's pinup list ;)

Little Oral Annie
    Anne_Archer_CA_01.jpg

Anne Likes Her Puppies
    [IMG]

Anne In Bedroom Mode
    [IMG]

Anne At Role Play
    [IMG]
  24. AnonLover Member

25. Ann O'Nymous Member

Gawker ?