Customize

ANONYMOUS MEETS with WILL SMITH HIMSELF - WS Justifies Study Tech (Result of 9/8 NVA)

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by MarcabEmpress, Sep 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Re: ANONYMOUS MEETS with WILL SMITH HIMSELF - WS Justifies Study Tech (Result of 9/8

Maybe..
  2. DarthXenu Member

Re: ANONYMOUS MEETS with WILL SMITH HIMSELF - WS Justifies Study Tech (Result of 9/8

Of course there is people uninformed people and used people. Still they are accountable for their actions, just like any other adult citizen.
  3. anon9000+ Member

Re: ANONYMOUS MEETS with WILL SMITH HIMSELF - WS Justifies Study Tech (Result of 9/8

Fuck all this i still love will smith
  4. none given Member

Not everything Hubbard wrote was crazy. Some of it is downright insightful. Many of you have read enought to know thats true.

I knew a special ed teacher (read; student of psych) who described himself as a "Hubbardist" he was not a scilon, not a freezoner but agreeded with some of the things Hubbard taught. He ranked him right up there with Maslow and all the other "2nd tier" modern thinkers on the subject. He also admitted Hubbard was mad "But then, so was Jung." he said.

Anyone promoting anything Hubbard wrote is my enemy. We should attack them but asking who is/is not a scilon is moot. It's a matter of definition.
  5. musketeerwang Member

Name one.
  6. Flynn Member

fix'd
  7. Massive Arity Member

To summarize some thoughts I have been having, and also thoughts contributed by other posters on this thread:

We lose nothing by playing this with a grain of caution, and we have alot to lose by slopping this up.

Seriously, we all know based on mountains of evidence that Scientology is a corrupt. And it is definitely the intention of the various front groups of Scientology to spread their influence.

However, even we can make assertions that are downright wrong. And when we do so without good reason, we are are betraying our "pics or gfto" skeptical philosopohy. Say as little as possible as is necessary to make a strong point.

To be fair, I think it is more likely that Will Smith has certain ignorant perceptions of Scientology than it is that he knows everything about Scientology and in SPITE of that supports it. So he deserves a benefit of a doubt only in so far that we should stick to reasonable action that is supported by evidence.

For instance, there is no proof that Will Smith himself is a Scientologist; don't fall into the trap of thinking that this point is necessary for an argument! Don't pursue it, because it's a semantic issue that you will get your credibility kicked around for. Who cares? What we absolutely know is that his wife and one of his closest friends are /deep/ Scientologists. Make a point to Will that you are skeptical of his claims on that basis. If he objects, tell him what we /know/; that high level Scientologists have been documented in courts to, as a matter of philosophy, lie and deceive. SHOW HIM DOX. This allows you to remain skeptical of his perception of Scientology being unbias on the basis of TC and his wife without calling him an outright liar when he says he isn't a Scientologist. It's irrelevant semantics and we don't need it to be true as a basis for the argument that he may not be appropriately neutral and critical of the material.

Secondly, it will do nothing to convince Will or any rational observer that Will's school is 'evil' by saying that Study Tech is a recruitment and brainwashing teaching method and couldn't teach anyone. The fact is, there is no doubt that likely, /someone/ could be taught by Study Tech and be well adjusted. Almost any teaching method, in theory, could work on some number of students. There are individuals who have grown up being taught out of Delphi with reasonable educations. It would require much more rigorous documentation to show a statistically significant tendency towards poorer education. That may exist; if it does, find it! Unfortunately, even that might be ignored, as WS may rationalize that he is 'only selecting a subsection of the more obvious and common sense' pieces of Study Tech.

Looking over the course material, I see various avenues of attack and concern, some which with more study may stick and put them against a wall. However, whichever path you pick, make sure you are sticking to the fewest, strongest, most supported talking points/concerns. If you rush in spouting things that are easy to rationalize away, you may be wasting a valuable opportunity.

In my humble opinion, I don't think WS is a Scientologist, but is sympathetic and greatly influenced by it. He's in just the perfect position for the cult, since I think he would defend it and support it, and rationalize it as 'another approach to life' that he thinks 'contributes' or some other hand wavy ignorance. For that matter, however, I think there is still a chance. I think he has layers of rationalization that with clear concise play by the Anons, can be peeled back a bit.

Anyways, my point is, stick to the easiest most verifiable facts and talking points. Play from the higher ground and give every benefit of a doubt that you can, because when you give him all the ground in the world and show that he still has no leg to stand on with his approach to his school, it will be evident to him and the observers around.

But, ignore my advice at will. SoCals will deliver.
  8. Re: ANONYMOUS MEETS with WILL SMITH HIMSELF - WS Justifies Study Tech (Result of 9/8

[IMG]
  9. IceHole Member

WS is scilon celebrity v2.0
  10. DarthXenu Member

I think you're mistaken. How could you possible love him, when you do not know him personally? You may love what you know of him, which is his work and his public image, but not his person. You love Will Smith The Product, not the plain citizen Will Smith.

Which is all very fine, of course. But if you think you know *him* and *love* him you are quite mistaken on that one.

Which is all very fine still, but in a place like this I think we'd better focus on some other stuff. Rockstarfaggotry does not serve us well, I think.

Still, Anon does whatever it wants. I guess cocks, then.
  11. Lorelei Member

Computer fark up. Double post.
  12. Lorelei Member

This may be pertinent to some folks' interests: Scientology v. Education - The Scam of "Study Technology"

In keeping with our usual message of "Hate Scientology, not the Scientologist" (which has, admittedly, some notable exceptions, like Miscavige, who is reportedly easy to loathe), it doesn't matter much whether Woll Smoth is a fully-indoctrinated, Scispeak-spouting, body thetan-wrangling Scientologist.

What DOES matter: giving the general public and the media and interested parties (which may or may not include Woll Smoth) verifiable information about Study Tech, Scientology front groups, abuses and illegalities committed in the name of Keeping Scientology Working, and who Hubbard swiped the legitimate techniques (minus the indoctrination and grooming layered on top).

Woll Smoth strikes me as being a basically fair-minded individual; in fact, he may be so "open-minded" and desirous of fairness and balance that he lets some of his brains fall out. He also strikes me as not being particularly keen on conflict or discord, and thus he'll do anything to "handle" (in a Sci way or normal way) any conflict in as pleasant a way as he can.

I don't know the guy. I do know that he values his friends so much that he threw lavish parties and spent a mint on material goods and toys and temporarily went bankrupt, all to keep the friends and admiration flowing his way. He impoverished himself making bad decisions financially because the opinion of others and his reputation as reflected by others mattered deeply to him. This may be a case of youthful idiocy, thus he outgrew the urge and learned from it (he's certainly been wiser about his finances since). Or it may be a personality quirk that makes him susceptible to Scientologists.

He believes he is smart enough to not be fooled by "bad people," and he's inclined to love and trust his friends and his spouse. Being sucked into a cult does not require that one be stupid or that they lack common sense. See Margaret Singer's book, or books on persuasion and influence, or about the Zimbardo / Stanford Prison Experiment. Smart, good, wise people can and do get sucked into cult crap. In fact, some people read all that sort of thing and then believe they are inoculated against cult recruiting, which is a dangerous assumption.

What Anonymous does is educate the general public, which is good. But even if the general public knows "Scientology = cult," they do not necessarily know the front groups are Scientology, or that Study Tech is Scientology. Celebrities are insulated more from "real life" than the general public, and many are celebrities because fame itself fills a need within them to be loved, admired, popular, known, famous. That need can lead celebs to surround themselves with people who bolster their self-image as important and special people and to discount the general public which, let's face it, can be annoying with their demands for attention, autographs, photos, a hug, you name it. Celebs with Scilon buddies are doubly at risk than, say, Joe Six-Pack from Ohai. They are getting love bombed 24/7, which fills their need for reassurance that they are special, and they are getting pumped with disinformation that claims critics "just don't understand."

Someone like Woll Smoth, in his desire to be open-minded and fair, sees a comment like "you won't know what it is like until you try it" to be a reasonable comment. What he won't think, I am guessing, is that you CAN know some things are bad for you or not your bag without taking a course, reading a book, getting audited, or whatever. Do you have to eat crap before deciding you don't like eating crap? Do you have to do crank before deciding crank isn't for you? Do you have to join a racist organization before saying "those guys are tards, and I do not like them"? No, no you do not. You do not have to cut off your arm to experience life armless to make up your mind that it's a bad plan to cut off your arm, and you don't have to let Scientologists try to indoctrinate you with stress or personality tests (didn't do Kaja Bello any good), or moonspeak Scibooks like Dianetics (complete and utter opaque poo full of bad science, illogic and crazy theories), or "TRs" that involve staring at someone, abusing or clowning around to get them to react, or shouting at an ashtray (all of which set you up to blindly accept directions and orders issued to you by other cultists without hesitation, and, later, to issue those same orders unquestioningly).

You don't need to let Scientologists get their hooks into innocent, vulnerable children in order to learn that looking up a word in a dictionary is but one of many useful learning tools and habits a student can add to their repertoire of learning skills.

Woll Smoth is between a rock and a hard place. His friends, his ego, and his desire to do good things (however misguided he may be--Africa does not want goats, Woll!) are urging him to run with the Study Tech / CoS-infested kiddie school plan. His desire to be fair, to be his own man, to avoid making the same mistakes he made in the past, and his natural intelligence are urging him to be fair and respectful of Anonymous / critic's POV, to accept information (if not to read it), and to appear to be open to receiving more information. Which side will he come down on? It doesn't look good: give up friends / family, or give up listening to people you don't know, who your friends and family are telling you are Suppressive or bad or misguided or wrong?

All we can do is hope his smarts, curiosity and common sense outweigh his need for social reinforcement and to "go along to get along," and that he reads the information he has been given and does some hard thinking.

NOTE: Again, I may be wrong, I'm just sharing my impressions and instincts, and goodness knows, neither are provable or scientific.

Tealdeer: Trumping interpersonal pressure from friends / family and waking up / informing Woll Smoth is not going to be a cake walk. However, in the process of educating HIM, the general public is also being informed. We may lose one famous person to the cult, though I hope not; but we also may effectively warn off tens of thousands of neighbors, fans, gossip mag readers, paps, press peeps, folks who are only toe-deep in Scientology who can be informed NOW before it is too late, and so on. Knowledge is power. Keep spreading the knowledge.
  13. Plups Member

Next time someone talks to him, mention you hope he heard what Jason Beghe said, which is that someone should tell Will his auditing sessions were recorded by the CoS.
  14. none given Member

I stand corrected.
  15. iaxiloll Member

As far as I am concerned Will has done zip to convince me that he is not a Scilon.
  16. lanonymous Member

His pastor?
    What qualifies the pastor as an expert on what is and what is not Scientology?

Since Scientology is not really a religion, it appears as secular, amirite?

You wont give the pastor's name out, so I guess I'll have to look it up and see what I can learn about his background. Maybe his pastor is a Scientologist!! lol
  17. lanonymous Member

^^^THIS
    Add it to the list of things to say to Will Smith should you ever run into him on the street. Should there ever BE a next time.

Even further, say this to ANYONE who is so openminded their brains might fall out at the slightest push of a Scilon.
  18. Re: ANONYMOUS MEETS with WILL SMITH HIMSELF - WS Justifies Study Tech (Result of 9/8

Know what? I still like Will Smith. I still YFTC'd more than few places in Calabasas.

He was cool as hell to me and a couple of my dorky friends about two decades ago. I mean, really cool.

Hating Scientology and what it does to people doesn't mean hating Will or even Jada. That's like hating an alchoholic instead of his addiction.

How long can Will continue to believe Tom is telling the truth and the whole rest of the world is Lying to him?
  19. iaxiloll Member

Will is cool but Tom is Creepy. I really think that I could say that I hate him.
  20. lanonymous Member

was just over at wiki reading the entry for "New Village Academy."

<rolly eyes>
  21. lanonymous Member

was just over at wiki reading the entry for "New Village Academy."

<rolly eyes>
  22. IceHole Member

Being open minded is not a valid or logical reason for promoting scilon bs throughout his school. There is enough information available that any reasonable man that gave 2 shits for these kids would keep the scilon crap as far away as possible.

It's not just the curriculum that's infested with scilon aids and fail, WS has structured his cult school using scilon management [STRIKE]tech[/STRIKE] BS. What other system uses the terms ethics and qual?

motivator7312307.jpg
  23. tonguetied Member

24. LordCeptimos Member

lets see....
    theres a small chance willie the sell out will either go back to what he was doing.... and opent he school and blah blah blah which will cause a huge ripple affect in anons and you will start to see alot more "I am Sellout" posters on the web...

or...

the eight degrees of seperation star will actually come clean and close the school and join the ranks of a well educated and critical thinking mass population of people who know scientology is a greedy corporation posing as a religious bullshit.

im leaning towards he is gonna continue to go on with his school affairs and we will have to add his name to the growing list of actors and singers who should have been put out of their misery through forced euthanasia.
  25. LordCeptimos Member

you do realize what hubbard wrote was a bunch of shit. and the insightful stuff you claim he spontaniously invented out of his ass is and was actually taken from others before his time.
    i have read to much of hubbards crap. and honestly its like saying anton lavey was the original creator of the satanic bible and that no one else thought with that mindset save for anton....

hate to burst your bubble dude. but lron stole most of his shit. and the shit he created is even bigger shit.
  26. AquaMan Member

Or, as misattributed (TTBOMK) to Samuel Johnson: "Your manuscript is both good and original, but the part that is good is not original and the part that is original is not good."
  27. Re: ANONYMOUS MEETS with WILL SMITH HIMSELF - WS Justifies Study Tech (Result of 9/8

Will Smith basically outing himself as a brainwashed cultist on public television

"2+2 only equals 4 if you accept that 2+2 equals 4.
    2+2 is going to be what I want it to be." - Will Smith

Postulate your own reality much, Silly Willy?

YouTube - WIll Smith on Will Smith, Scientologist
  28. Re: ANONYMOUS MEETS with WILL SMITH HIMSELF - WS Justifies Study Tech (Result of 9/8

Double post
  29. Anonymoux Member

i'm starting to really dislike will smith
  30. iaxiloll Member

Any updates on Big Willies Skool?
  31. DarthXenu Member

Yeah any updates? Can we like smash silly willy nao?
  32. czech Member

Any updates?
  33. Kilia Member

I've been wondering about this myself.
    Updates?
    Anyone?
    Bueller?
  34. anoncova Member

in the may 3 edition of the parade someone asked a question in the personality parade section about the walter scott gives the usual pr answer about the school being secular.
  35. anoncova Member

http://www.parade.com/celebrity/2009/05/personality-parade-05-03.html

Forgot the link
  36. churchlady Member

In case anyone shows up here, go to the new thread about the Smiths firing Oliver.

Mod: Can you do the linky?
  37. 3rdMan Member

I'm selling Necronomicons. Would you like one? ;)

Thanks 4 the notice.
  38. ARC Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.