Customize

Anonymous Message to Iranian Government

Discussion in 'Videos' started by Anon_1HG, Jun 20, 2009.

1. Anon_1HG Member

Hello, leaders of Iran. We are Anonymous.

As the eyes of the entire world hold you under close scrutiny, the eyes of the internet have taken
    a similar notice of your recent actions. While the governments of the world condemn you for your
    suppression of human rights, Anonymous has taken a particular interest in your recent attempts to
    censor the internet, not only for your own people, but for the citizens of the entire world.

Such suppression of dissent cannot go unpunished. By cutting off communication of the Iranian citizens to the rest of the world, you have made it clear to us that the most revered of human rights - the right to free speech - is no longer important to you.

By seeking to silence the
    voice of the people in an election and subsequently seeking to silence criticism of such a gross cover-up, you have perpetuated the anger and rage of your people. Anonymous has therefore made it our mission to see to it that the voice of the Iranian people can be heard around the world.

Just like another authoritarian religious extremist group, Anonymous will tear down the walls
    of silence using only the truth - the truth that you are trying so hard to suppress by use of violence,
    intimidation, and fascist laws.

As your people continue to riot and to speak out against you; as you continue to beat and shoot
    your own citizens in the street; as you continue to lie to the face of the entire world; know that the
    internet is watching - and we do not like what we see.
    Knowledge is free.

We are Anonymous.
    We are Legion.
    We do not forgive.
    We do not forget.

Expect us.
  2. David Hume Member

Suggestions

In the description area of the Youtube video, include the full link:
    http://iran.whyweprotest.net/

It will be clickable if the full url is given. I make it the first entry in my descriptions so it shows up even if the description is not expanded.

Also include the entry: Twitter: #iranelection #gr88
  3. Mister_c Member

Very nice.
  4. Anon_1HG Member

Done and done
  5. Spread this far and wide across the vast reaches of tha intarwebz!
  6. Done and done:) I think it would be good to put the url at the end of the video too... for us that are embedding it
  7. David Hume Member

8. reform Member

suggestions

can the voice-over say either 'iraan' or 'iraun' to get the proper pronunciation?

and then, can the voice-over and text say 'islamic republic of' iran, you know, as Obama said in his message to the leaders and people?
  9. I don't think this is a recent video

Hi,

While the video is very disturbing, I don't think it is from the recent protests. I think it is from a series of raids the government carried out several months ago against what it called "Arazel e obash" (Hooligans and trouble makers).
  10. opps wrong thread

Nevermind, I posted my message in the wrong thread.

11. Video doesn't seem to be working in your post so I did a search of Youtube and found this one - is it the same?

12. please fix the YouTube URL

the URL to the video is incorrect - it points to a deleted video - however there are other copies available here: YouTube - Anonymous Message to Iranian Government and another version here: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZBo-gvtLqg&feature=related]YouTube - Message to Mahmoud Ahmadinejad[/ame]

13. May I post this on my website as well?