Customize

Anonymous noticeboard?

Discussion in 'Anonymous News' started by Maria Sklodowska, Feb 7, 2017.

?

New thread/subforum?

Thread? 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Subforum? 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Neither? 0 vote(s) 0.0%
DIAF 0 vote(s) 0.0%
  1. Forgive me if this has been tried before, or suggested and shot down for obvious reasons,
    but I'm wondering if we might be able to have a designated subforum for people to leave announcements of a general nature. Not principally for registered users (who can be directed to post their announcement in the proper existing thread) but for all the random unregistered ones who drop in just to leave a message and link to FB for more info / organizing offsite.

A place, e.g. for posts like:
    https://whyweprotest.net/threads/new-members-introduce-yourself-here.106084/page-209#post-2602888
    that really don't belong in the introductions thread (and which when seen there actually encourage other people to post similar driveby copypasta).

This thread/subforum could be a handy 'grab bag' of current events for people looking for something new who can't be bothered to dig through the local threads/forums for use the search (which can be daunting). Obviously of far less utility to seasoned hands, and I admit my selfish intent of building it as a "containment board" for shit that doesn't belong wherever it was first posted - but which deserve something better than dome/offtopic/ceragem/etc.

A subspace of "Anonymous News" might be the right place. Arguably, there's nothing stopping registered users from making new threads there already, but driveby copypasta chefs will never bother.
  2. White Tara Global Moderator

LOL thats what I thought general discussion sub forum was for ;)
    Nah JK, but I will take this opportunity to encourage people to report when a post is off topic so we can remove it to a suitable thread. In cases where an off topic post has serious legs I have created a new thread for the unregistered user, so discussions can follow. Any registered user should feel free to do the same where they can see an unregisterd users post has merit.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Since 2009 I've been registered here and I'm used to the format as is.
    If it ain't broke don't fix it is my way of thinking.
    Any new ideas I'll happily encourage if I feel there's any long term good to be gained from them regardless of who puts them forward, newfag or og .
    This one is unsustainable .
  4. Also soz, this idea just doesn't appeal.
  5. Disambiguation Global Moderator

Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    You Rite gud poetry
    Yes u do
  6. Is someone feeling a little bit bored?
  7. Roses are multihued
    Violets are violet
    But for the grace of Sue
    Must mods be silent?