Customize

Anonymous Support for Charest's Emergency Law?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Anonymous, May 20, 2012.

?

Do you support the Government's position?

To raise fees? Oui. 7 vote(s) 70.0%
To raise fees? Non. 3 vote(s) 30.0%
Emergency legislation? Oui. 4 vote(s) 40.0%
Emergency legislation? Non. 5 vote(s) 50.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Anonymous Member

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/...ve-public-support-for-charest-s-emergency-law
    Because the quoted poll was done with self-selected Internets participants, it's basically worthless.
    Let's redo, with a better set of sample data.

The maths demand it.
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. PresidentShaw Member

Fees should be raised, and the students have done intimidation of those students who were against the strike and did stuff like planting smoke bombs at a montreal metro station, hard to support them with such actions.

That being said, the emergency law is clearly anti democratic and I cannot support it in good conscience.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. HellRazor Member

Where were these emergency laws during the past 500 public labour strikes in Montreal? I seem to recall lots of public vandalism (buses and ambulances damaged) during these strikes in the past, presumably by union demonstrators.

It's easy to vilify students.
  4. PresidentShaw Member

As I said I'm against the law itself, but the students don't have my support, I think the fees have reasonable reasons to be raised.

I intend to speak out against that special law nonetheless because I support freedom of speech first and foremost.