Customize

Another casting call: 15th & 16th of August

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by firebug, Aug 10, 2009.

1. firebug Member

Another casting call: 15th & 16th of August

[Mod note: See previous casting calls here: http://forums.whyweprotest.net/291-scientology-discussion/gold-needs-actors-aug-5th-6th-50610/ ]

Another school shoot is planned for next weekend 15th & 16th of August
    I don't have any details on where
    There are various other rolls they still need to fill
    Educational film re moral code (Way to Happiness)

2. xenubarb Member

Re: GOLD NEEDS ACTORS - Aug 5th and 6th

Hmmm...byogfm?
  3. Re: GOLD NEEDS ACTORS - Aug 5th and 6th

LOL, no pay except for gas. What high schooler is going to bother with that, especially if they find out it's scientology.
  4. ObamAnon Member

Please keep us updated, this is good stuff to know.
  5. Re: GOLD NEEDS ACTORS - Aug 5th and 6th

yeah, this whole abbreviation game has become outright ridiculous. IYAYSSC.
  6. Optimisticate Member

Not sure what to bring, but yes, I think you may have the right idea.

I would say LOTS of SoCal is between 30 - 60 and are able to participate in political rallies, not sure how many would be available for the criminal scientology rally.

I know, I know, NYPA and all that, but this is BEGGING for action to be taken in some way!
  7. Uncle Bruce Member

Newspeak-double plus ungood!
  8. stuwyatt Member

Re: Another casting call: 15th & 16th of August

It would be worth for an anon to apply for one of the roles in the film, and I'm sure that the locations will be given. Is anyone onto this?
  9. ARC Member

Don't tell us if you're going, FFS.
  10. Anonymous Member

I didn't know criminals held rallies. (except politicians).

Would I be wrong to guess that the "criminal rallies" are global protests against scientology? What else could they mean by this?
  11. Anonymous Member

Still trying to figure out an angle on this, why anyone would be interested, the best i could come up with is this:

If you're looking for a fight, the best way to do this is to figure out someway to fuck up the release process.

Don't sign a release, or sign it but never turn it into the producer.

Wait a few weeks until the show is well into the editorial process.

Then contact the casting director or the producer and explain that after doing research into The Way to Happiness you discovered it was a front for Scientology.

Say that you feel misled, and for this reason you do not give the production consent to use your likeness.

Explain that you never signed a consent release.

This will only work if you have figured out a way to get shot without turning in a signed talent release.

If they use your likeness: sue or demand monetary damages outside of court.

That is alot of hassle.

But, you people are notoriously possessed of too much free time, so someone here might be interested.
  12. Zak McKracken Member

Actually, I am looking for a fight.

Wanna?

it-consultant-catfight-in-portland-or.jpg

I'm going.
    (to fight with this guy. srsly)
  13. the anti Member

I'M THERE
  14. Anonymous Member

Okay, well if you can get cast as one of their characters, not an extraneous extra they just need to fill up a set, you can fuck up their production by forcing them to cut your shots or reshoot, which is time and headaches for everyone involved.

I know about production, and I've even worked with Golden Era in the past, and it wouldnt surprise me if their set was so disorganized that forgetting to turn in a release, or turning in a release that wasnt actually your name...well i think that is a possible scenario.

Worst case scenario?

They figure out what you're doing and you make a scene to the other extras about the True Nature of Way to Happiness and sow the seeds of doubt in the other Free Labor they've lured onto their set.

If they make you sign a release, or realize that the one you turned in is signed DAVID BOWIE use that as an opportunity to explain that you used your iPhone just now to research what Way to Happiness is, and that you aren't comfortable being in a Scientology video because, as a Christian, you find the notion that your religion is the product of an alien implant called R6 very offensive.

Say this loudly and infront of the other extras.
  15. Anonymous Member

I'm intrigued by your newsletter, but I was thinking more like taking part in the film and then telling the story after they've started using the footage.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was some kind of non-disclosure clause in there though, this being Scientology.
  16. Anonymous Member

/facepalm

that's a talent release. that's what. . . nevermind.
  17. Antagone Member

I'll happily do it for free if they're willing to pay for my gas to get to the shoot.
  18. Anon-007 Member

Protip:

You need to use some kind of ink which will vanish / become illegible very rapidly.

Pop along to your local joke shop and you should be able to pick up some vanishing ink - either in a pen or in a bottle.

Sign the release using this, and within about 30 minutes all the writing will have magically disappeared!
  19. Anonymous Member

your ideas are a bit silly, but nothing is sillier than posting about them in this thread beforehand. OSA volunteers read these threads you know.
    I guess that is a blessing though, because if you tried to sabotage the shoot in that way it could turn ugly.
    Protesting, informing and otherwise speaking out in a legal manner should be fine though.
  20. LocalSP Member

Most releases have copy sheets. So don't press too hard either.
  21. ScudMuffin Member

They'll have to do a lot of vetting then.
  22. Ogsonofgroo Member

No shit, I am assuming this is still for their "Way To Happiness" tripe, but they may have gotten some other angle to play in this, maybe adding some spin control? Who the fuck knows, 'crimainal rally' ? Man, that could go all sorts of directions, for heaven's sake I hope nobody decides to get inside of this fiasco-in-the-making, what ever would we do with the script? Please don't do anyting foolish, like posting any plans of action as mentioned by several of the previous posts, play yer cards close to heart IOW.

I actually wish I was down in that area, I'd get really, really pissed and sleep a night or two on the beach, puke a bit on myself etc., then I'd be perfects foer de bum part :D

I'm still cracked up at just the list of characters they're castin', its liek, hm, who needs a plot/script, damned thing near writes itself.

Sounds liek they put some deep thots into how many stereo-types they can come up with.... >sarcasm<

Pretty much can figure out the bottom line on the whole thing, cast of losers & 'Scamology can helps you!'

I be popping a whole bunch of corn watchin' how all this pans out, am a bit surprised they haven't been doing some sort of fund-raiser to get this project offa the ground, such a desperately obviously cheap-ass'd production, good frikken chocolate covered horney toads it is, if nothing else, massively entertaining.

Passing thought du-jour was why the heck isn't ol' TC (or even John T. fer that matter) just jumping all over this?
    Wassamattah Tomcat?

XP

:) Times fer evening cocktail and scan de boards, this has been an interesting month so far fer sure.

Cheers All!
  23. Anonymous Member

What dumbfuck mod keeps making threads that >90.00% of Anons can't attend threads we all should read?
  24. Ogsonofgroo Member

No big deal ^^^ up thar^^^, it just puts things out to the collective, every so often someone comes up with a good idea or three 'cause of this, don't have to be near the action to do so ya know. I think the mods do a fine job considering this herd o' cats......

:)
  25. Sailor Venus Member

Bring Your Own Guy Fawkes Mask
  26. Anonymous Member

a radio controlled BLIMP would come in handy about now
  27. Anonymous Member

What is a bit silly about exploiting a sloppily run set to ruin their production?

Who cares if 'OSA' reads this. Let them get all paranoid and get on the comm lines about it, thats about the only hope we have of enturbulating this production.

What's left of Chanology doesn't have the balls to do something like this anyway.

Yeah. Like that. "legal manner" huh?

Okay.

What's your legal angle?
  28. OSA Member

3 degrees.
  29. Anonymous Member

This is America. Their problems are obviously global problems.

You get it, or shall they use NATO ?

lol.
  30. PagAnon Member

It would be great if someone could slip some anti scilon fliers into the script while no one's looking or one's linking the production to the litigious cult.
  31. none given Member

Srs, if they ever dropped a line in the water just for us this is it.
    "Wardrobe: business to casual"
    You ever see anyone at a protest in a suit besides us?
    Has there ever been such a thing as a "criminal rally"?

Just stack my "tinfoil" infraction with the others please.
  32. Zak McKracken Member

If you're looking for a fight, the best way to do this is to box outside the [strike]org[/strike] High School, like men.
    Are you man enough? Or do I smell what I think I smell?
  33. YAHRLY Member

OK so we have Anons showing up at every single one of these
    and not one of them is a moralfag
    brace for LULZ
  34. Anonymous Member

And there was much rejoicing :)
  35. YAHRLY Member

OR

I could be lying to fuck with the scifags heads and cause them to treat people like Gitmo detainees there by creating even MORE enemies

guess we'll have to wait and see
  36. Edweird Member

damn my truck for being outta service for the next week... it would of been nice to drop a gas bill on the Co$ for ferrying out phoenix anons to troll this.
  37. Paroxetine Samurai Moderator

This would be an epic time to raid the cult! Bringing the Longcat on this one!
  38. Anonymous Member

[IMG]
  39. Rheinländer Member

This is what a scilon become per week for working... What will they think about this?
  40. xenubarb Member

gfm = Guy Fawkes Mask. Bring one! :)