Customize

Another death at NN Arrowhead, July 19th 2012

Discussion in 'Narconon' started by peterstorm, Jul 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. patriot75 Member

There is going to be a lot of news today Stacy Dawn Murphy lawsuit filed.....
    read more: http://mcalesternews.com/local/x114...nst-Narconon-Arrowhead-and-one-of-its-doctors
    • Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. patriot75 Member

Hi my name is Dr. Gerald Wootan
    wooten-1.jpg
    • Like Like x 4
  3. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 3
  4. patriot75 Member

read more http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/arti...articleid=20121005_14_0_McALES998983&allcom=1
    • Like Like x 3
  5. Anonymous Member

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Wrongful Death Lawsuit Filed Against Narconon Arrowhead After Tulsa County Patient Found Dead at Scientology-Related Facility in Pittsburg County Lawsuit also Alleges Negligence, Violation of State Consumer Protection Act

TULSA, OK, Oct. 5, 2012 - The parents of a patient found dead in July at Narconon Arrowhead filed a lawsuit against the facility today in Pittsburg County District Court, McAlester. The lawsuit alleges wrongful death, negligence, and violation of the Oklahoma Consumer Protection Act.

Narconon Arrowhead is a national nonprofit drug and alcohol rehabilitation center in Pittsburg County.

Plaintiffs are Robert Murphy and Tonya White, parents of 20-year-old Stacy Dawn Murphy of Owasso, who was found dead in the facility's withdrawal unit on July 19 this year. White is a resident of Tulsa County; Robert Murphy is a resident of Rogers County.

Noted trial lawyers Gary L. Richardson and Charles L. (Chuck) Richardson of Tulsa's Richardson Richardson Boudreaux Keesling, PLLC, Oklahoma's largest plaintiffs' firm, represent the plaintiffs.

Defendants are Narconon of Oklahoma (NO), d/b/a Narconon Arrowhead, an Oklahoma corporation; Narconon International (NI), a foreign corporation based in California; Association for Better Living and Education International (ABLE), a foreign corporation based in California; and Gerald D. Wootan, DO, M.Ed, medical director of Narconon of Oklahoma.

The petition filed today states: “NO, NI, and ABLE all rely exclusively on the written 'technology' of L. Ron Hubbard, founder of the Church of Scientology, to address the drug and alcohol rehabilitation needs of students enrolled in Narconon programs. This misplaced reliance is despite the fact that Hubbard had no known training or education in the field of drug and alcohol rehabilitation.
    However, instead of providing drug rehabilitation, the defendants have concealed, and continue to conceal, the Narconon program's true relationship with ABLE by teaching the Hubbard technology."

"The death of Stacy Murphy is a real tragedy," the Richardsons say.
    "She was addicted to drugs and she and her parents were introduced to Narconon when they sought treatment for Stacy. They were provided misleading information on the Narconon website and by Narconon representatives, which led them to believe that Narconon Arrowhead would be a safe and effective treatment facility.
    (more)
    "In addition," the Richardsons say, "Narconon Arrowhead fraudulently tells potential students that a physician is on staff 24 hours a day.
    Instead, a physician is present only once a week."
    The lawsuit regarding Stacy Dawn Murphy states in part the following:
    * Stacy became addicted to prescription drugs, and when her addiction escalated to the use of heroin, her parents searched the Internet for safe and effective rehabilitation facilities. After reviewing misleading and fraudulent information provided by the Narconon website, Stacy's parents believed that Narconon Arrowhead would be a safe and effective treatment facility for her, and Stacy agreed to seek treatment there.
    * After several weeks of treatment, Stacy requested and was granted a leave of absence to visit her family outside the facility, even though she did not meet any of the criteria for a leave of absence. On July 17, 2012, Stacy left the facility with the permission of Narconon Arrowhead, which violated the facility's own Student Visitors and Leave Rules.
    * Stacy returned to the facility the next day, July 18, 2012. Sometime later that evening, Narconon Arrowhead staff allegedly observed Stacy and believed she was under the influence of drugs. Therefore, she was sent to the facility's Withdrawal Unit.
    * While Stacy was in the Withdrawal Unit, there was no nurse or physician on staff within the facility and, for at least two hours following a shift change, there were no staff members present within the facility to supervise Stacy. This was in complete contradiction to the statements and assurances made to Stacy's parents about Narconon Arrowhead's staff, specifically, assurances that a physician would be present 24 hours a day.
    * On Thursday, July 19, 2012, at approximately 9:20 a.m., Stacy was found dead in the Withdrawal Unit.

Plaintiffs White and Murphy are seeking damages individually in an amount in excess of $75,000 for each of the three causes of action - wrongful death, negligence, and violation of the Oklahoma Consumer Protection Act. In addition the plaintiffs request that the court grant them any and all relief the court deems appropriate. They also further request punitive damages in an amount sufficient to punish the defendants and deter such reckless conduct in the future.

Gary L. Richardson and son Chuck Richardson are nationally known trial lawyers recognized for winning record-setting jury verdicts over the years in numerous counties. Gary won the largest libel verdict in U.S. history ($58 million) against media giant Belo Broadcasting Corp.
    and Dallas affiliate WFAA-TV and was labeled on Becky Dixon's television series "Famous Oklahomans" as Oklahoma's Top Legal Gun. Chuck has set the record for jury verdicts in four different counties. In addition to numerous other honors, both Richardsons are listed among the top trial lawyers in Best Lawyers in America and in Super Lawyers of America.

Narconon Arrowhead is under investigation by Pittsburg County officials, the District 18 District Attorney's office, the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation, and the Oklahoma Department of Mental Health since July when Stacy Murphy was found dead while she was a patient of the facility, according to a McAlester News-Capital article published Sept. 28.
    • Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  6. Anonymous Member

7. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 5
  8. patriot75 Member

There is a great conversation on my wall, spurred by "NN Exposed WBS TV Atlanta, Part 3 of the Narconon Georgia Investigation" which is shared to my page.

Scott made the first comment on the thread: “i'm so glad to be away from Arrowhead !!!”. Yay for Scott for getting out of that deadly rehab known as Scientology’s Narconon with his life and sanity. I wish Scott the absolute best on his sobriety, and for anyone that may read this, it is not the program that saves your life, it’s you. You have made that choice; no one else has “made” that choice for you. Family and friends may have helped, encouraged, cried, endured and loved you during the darkest and brightest times of your life, but it is you who makes the choice to save your life. How you do it is up to you; all I can say is choose wisely (i.e. NOT Narconon). I chose Jesus Christ; I had a long time ago just lost my way. There are many good rehabs out there; pick the best for you.

As you will read below, Jason Seipp (yes, Gary Smith and Mary Rieser, you heard correctly) commented, which started a ripple of truth, truly beautiful. Jason Seipp gave a nice shout out to Lucas Catton: “Luke’s my boy!!!”. Bert Leahy followed suit by replying with sharp, to the point, serious questions.

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 4
  9. Anonymous Member

^^^ Thank you for sharing this, I think it truly allows outsiders to understand the motivation behind some in the Narconon game. I am so happy for them that they are free.
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Anonymous Member

Narconon claims that you sweat out drug residues in saunas, but they can't prove this. Which law do we use to make them stop this fraudulent claim?
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Anonymous Member

When it comes to slippery conpersons like the COS and entities I think the more layers of legislation the better, just to be on the safe side. We are talking about life and limb after all.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. patriot75 Member

Channel 2 News Tulsa
    Read more: http://www.kjrh.com/dpp/news/local_news/family-files-wrongful-death-lawsuit-against-narconon-arrowhead#ixzz28TZA42tY
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Intelligence Member

FBI have already had a visit from Colin and I about the aspects of FRAUD.

Not at liberty to post what may or may not be happening with the data we handed them:)

• Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Intelligence Member

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 4
  15. Anonymous Member

I don't know what this means, but this part makes me happy: :)
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. The Wrong Guy Member

WSBTV Narconon GA Part 1 2012-10-02

Published on Oct 5, 2012 by cnhender

WSB TV Action News Atlanta, GA investigative report of the tragic death of Patrick Desmond in 2008.

By Jodie Fleischer

Patrick Desmond's mother describes him as kind-hearted and good-natured, but the former Marine died at 28-years-old, losing a battle against alcoholism.

Desmond's death in 2008 came as he took part in a worldwide drug treatment program, Narconon, already under fire for other patient deaths and ties to the Church of Scientology.

Now a Channel 2 investigation is raising questions about the Narconon program and its license in Georgia.

Read more and follow at:
    www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/2-investigates-patient-death-georgia-narconon/nSQwp/
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  17. Intelligence Member

I don't call anyone a LYING BITCH very often, but Mary Reiser is a ***LYING-BITCH***

Below is a Screen Capture a few minutes ago, clearly stating Narconon Georgia
    is "In-Patient - Residential Treatment". AND there will many more internal dox soon:)

2il1ytj.jpg
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Intelligence Member

SHIT!!!! - - TOO many FRICKN" Narconon Threads - LOL - I should have
    posted this ^^^ over on the Georgia one:)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. patriot75 Member

Marisa Mendelson Fox 25 OKC:
    read more: http://www.okcfox.com/newsroom/top_stories/videos/kokh_vid_7336.shtml
    • Like Like x 4
  20. Intelligence Member

Now we have reputable rehabs attacking Narconon - LOL

http://recoveringaddict.hubpages.com/hub/Scientology-and-the-problems-with-Narconon-drug-rehab

snip -

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  21. patriot75 Member

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
  22. patriot75 Member

News 6 Tulsa:
    read more: http://www.newson6.com/story/197513...bout-law-suit-against-oklahoma-rehab-facility
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  23. patriot75 Member

Fox 23 Tulsa
    read more: http://www.fox23.com/news/local/sto...inst-Pittsburg-Co/ktrgmsU-eU6H_rvvnSm8yQ.cspx
    • Winner Winner x 4
  24. patriot75 Member

KMRG News Talk Radio.
    Source: http://www.krmg.com/news/news/local/tulsa-law-firm-files-lawsuit-against-narconon-woma/nST6K/
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  25. patriot75 Member

http://recoveringaddict.hubpages.com/hub/Scientology-and-the-problems-with-Narconon-drug-rehab

Well said.
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  26. patriot75 Member

This is from a little earlier today on News 6 Tulsa:
    Source:http://www.newson6.com/story/197483...rrowhead-after-owasso-woman-dies-in-treatment
    • Like Like x 6
  27. jensting Member

Probably a lot harder to find laws like that than laws regarding distributing vitamins of unusual strength. Which got them a criminal conviction for illegal practise of pharmacy in France (one case not appealed, i.e. the verdict stands). The success rate should be possible to attack quite nicely. If the seriously bogus medical claims are not, at the moment, against local law, there probably is one or two other things we can have a go at. (Oh, like patient confidentiality which narCONon breaks as a matter of course, in the information that flows back to the criminal organisation known as the "church" of $cientology.)

So, I would suggest that in order to win in court, we use the laws which apply directly locally. narCONon probably breaks one or more of them (it's what the Co$ does, after all).

Best Regards

Jens
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  28. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  29. JohnnyRUClear Member

• Like Like x 1
  30. Jeff Jacobsen Member

• Winner Winner x 2
  31. Intelligence Member

Ya', the comments are as recent as 10 days ago and some years old?

32. Intelligence Member

Just received email from another Lawyer in the USA - - there WILL be anoher Lawsuit
    filed this month against NN AH et al!!!

Also just received Video file from Fox News and uploading now:)

• Like Like x 10
  33. The Wrong Guy Member

Gary Richardson - Narconon Deaths A Trend

Published on Oct 6, 2012 by Intelligenceplus

The latest death at Narconon Arrowhead in Canadian, Oklahoma happened in July. On Friday, the family of Stacy Murphy filed the lawsuit against the facility.

"The first time something happens it's an incident," said Gary Richardson, attorney for Stacy Murphy's parents. "The second time it happens, it's a coincidence. The third time it happens, it's a trend. How many deaths have we had there in the last 18 months?"

www.okcfox.com/newsroom/top_stories/videos/kokh_vid_7336.shtml
    • Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
  34. Intelligence Member

Dear Wrong Guy - I don't like you anymore! If you only knew how fast I work to
    get shit done (like this video), - then BAMB!! - you have it posted 4 seconds before me - LOL:)

Just kidding about the "no-Like" anymore - tx for your HELP:)

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 4
  35. Intelligence Member

Mary Reiser being SUED!!! HOME FORECLOSURE.
    http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...To-Scientology&p=735816&viewfull=1#post735816

Mary Patrice (Miller) Rieser looks awfully uncomfortable with being confronted with the instrument of her own doing (letter).

Mary's a real piece of work. She had her townhouse foreclosed on in 2010.

In the SUPERIOR COURT, Fulton County, Georgia
    Case No. 2010CV182381
    HOLCOMB'S CROSSING HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION, INC. VS. MARY RIESER
    Filed on 03/04/2010
    Case Type: FORECLOS
    Current Status: Disposed
    Disposition: 07/22/2010 - FINAL ORDER

http://www.trulia.com/homes/Georgia/...swell-GA-30076

The plaintiff successfully implemented a court order from Gwinnett County garnishing Mary's wages from Narconon of Georgia, on 09/08/2010, subject to the "179 day rule" (Georgia law allows garnishments for only a 6 mo. period).

http://www.georgiacourts.org/council...rnishments.pdf

Gwinnett Courts - HOLCOMBS CROSSING HOA VS MARY P. RIESER
    Case Number: 10-GC-11936-S3
    Case Type: STATE COURT GARNISHMENT
    Case Date: Wednesday, September 08, 2010
    Case Category: GARNISHMENT-CONTINUING
    Disposition Date: Wednesday, May 25, 2011 - Garnishment 179 Day Rule

Holcombs Crossing Homeowners Association Inc. - Plaintiff
    Narconon of Georgia Inc. - Garnishee
    Rieser, Mary - Defendant

09/08/2010 - Gen civil case filing info form - Attorney for Plaintiff
    09/13/2010 - Sheriff's entry of service - sheriff
    05/25/2011 - Garnishment - 179 day rule - judge

She's being sued again - filed last Tuesday, Oct. 2 - by the same association to foreclose on her home for failure to pay her debts.

In the SUPERIOR COURT, Fulton County, Georgia
    Case No. 2012CV222282
    HOLCOMB'S CROSSING HOMEOWNER'S ASSOCIATION, INC. VS. MARY RIESER

Filed on 10/02/2012
    Case Type: FORECLOSURE
    Judge: Tom Campbell
    Current Status: Filed

Plaintiff Attorneys:
    G. Lanier Coulter, Jr
    2200 CENTURY PARKWAY
    SUITE 101
    ATLANTA, GA 30345

http://www.gwinnettcourts.com/home.asp#partycasesearch/
    • Like Like x 7
    • Funny Funny x 1
  36. Quentinanon Member

37. Quentinanon Member

I would like to see this at all NarCONons:
    flashpoint53.jpg

And then this:
    closed.png
    • Agree Agree x 8
  38. Intelligence Member

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  39. Quentinanon Member

The plaintiff's attorney should also file a writ of execution against her scientology org money on account. Bet she has money at Flag.
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  40. Intelligence Member

ALL of this must be costing the Cult massive sums in legal fees? There are about 5
    lawsuit cases in the USA against Narconon in Georgia and Arrowhead, one in California,
    I think, from the Purif, and 5 cases in Quebec with the Human Rights Commission, including
    Exploitation of a Disabled Person, Sexual Harassment, and Reprisals (harassment/threats after
    complaints were filed).

Wonder if Karen Pow is still in DM's good books or packing a suit-case to head off to the RPF
    to take the top bunk in Yvette Shank's room? :)

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.