Customize

Another death at NN Arrowhead, July 19th 2012

Discussion in 'Narconon' started by peterstorm, Jul 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. muldrake Member

Narconon has been able to exist as an outright scam in the world of drug rehabilitation largely (and depressingly) because it is a field where failure is the norm. So Narconon only stands out in this dismal field upon close examination, and they rely on the nature of the field to avoid this examination. Drug rehab is a very difficult thing to do right, but the difference with Narconon (at least as compared to a legitimate rehab) is it doesn't even have good intentions.
    • Like Like x 9
  2. Intelligence Member

“As long as there is life, there is a potential; and as long as there is a potential, there will be a success! You will sprout again when cut down! You will rise again even when you fall!” ― Israelmore Ayivor

2aj4dbs.jpg
    • Like Like x 4
  3. RightOn Member

this!
    and the fact that society is mortified when it comes to drug addicts and just wants to put a band aid on it and hope that it goes away.
    Drug addicts are still considered a "throw away society" in many places and the town officials fall for anything they think that will get rid of the situation as quick as possible.
    And with Narconon's trumped up success rates and "alternative" treatment, many places fall for their woo because they feel other drug rehabs may not be as successful and or innovative and they want to be the first Mayor (or whatever) who put Narconon into action in hopes that it will be successful. They can picture themselves getting patted on the back for cleaning up the town.
    I think some of these places that keep Narconon open are not only driven by their pay offs, but the "powers that be" are also embarrassed they fell for this scam in the first place and they hope it turns around some how, so they are not left with egg on their faces.
    Better crank up the toaster and serve up some toast with those eggs, 'cause we know how that story ends.
    • Like Like x 3
  4. DeathHamster Member

A number of Narconon Arrowhead sites seem to be down this morning.
    User "narconon", password "YES"?

Oh dear.
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Enturbuleak Member

Screenshots please, before this shit disappears.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. DeathHamster Member

That basically is the screen shot.
    Three problems:
    1. Their db server seems to be down.
    2. They have a really lame user/password.
    3. They dump that info to anyone who tries to connect.
    I suppose that a black hat type could make use of that, but they're lucky that I have so many rules.
    • Like Like x 2
  7. anonamus Member

• Like Like x 1
  8. JohnnyRUClear Member

I find your analysis entirely plausible and I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

9. Anonymous Member

Hmmmm... a John P. novel.... what a novel idea!!
    Perhaps something along the lines of Rotstein's "Corrupt Practices", which is also supposedly based on scientology with a side of embezzlement thrown in? Of course, I haven't read this novel yet because, even though it was praised by critics, and should have become a bestseller it didn't, and thus it ain't available in my frickin' area.
    tl;dr: John P., please make sure your novel gets promoted / publicized to the hilt so I can get mah grubby li'l fingers on it.
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. Anonymous Member

^^^^^ Whoops. I sorry. My bad. Posted in wrong thread.
    Hangs head in shame.:oops:
  11. RightOn Member

TODAY IS MONDAY NOV. 4TH.
    WHY ARE THEY STILL OPEN?
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Anonymous Member

fify
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  13. Anonymous Member

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-tege/eotopicb90.pdf

I know i am spamming this dox. I apologize in advance to the mods. this goes into detail about a "church" that lost it tax exempt status in the late 70's and 80's. The dox indicate that they had a similar scam to narconon.

Not sure what to make from it, but its a good case file to compare our tax revocation ops around.
  14. patriot75 Member

ODMHSAS has made some personnel changes. Apparently Kimberly Poff, the Inspector General is no longer with the agency. We are awaiting answers as I type. Here is the new "Admin Team" for ODMHSAS with no one listed for the IG position. I believe it is time to man the harpoons.

Home / Additional Information / Agency Overview / Administration Team
    Administration Team

Position/Title

Commissioner, Terri White
    Chief Operating Officer, Durand Crosby
    Deputy Commissioner, Treatment and Recovery Services, Carrie Slatton-Hodges
    Deputy Commissioner, Communications and Prevention Services, Steven Buck
    Director, Addiction Specialty Programs, Ray Caesar
    Director, Advocacy and Wellness, Christopher Flanagan
    Director, Financial Services, Juarez McCann
    Consumer Advocate General, Deneka Cain
    Director, Community Based Services, Jackie Shipp
    Director, Compliance and Assistance,Kelli Reid
    Director, Decision Support Services, Mark Reynolds
    Employee Assistance Program and Wellness Coordinator, Michaelle Statham
    General Counsel, Dewayne Moore
    Director, Human Resources Management, Human Resources Development, Ellen Buettner
    Director, Information Services, Kevin Marble
    Inspector General<<<<<<<<<
    Director, Program Enhancement,Wendy Larsen
    Property Manager,Shawn McCarty
    Director, Prevention Services, Jessica Hawkins
    Director, Provider Certification, John Hudgens
    Director, Public Information, Jeffery Dismukes
    Director, Specialty Courts,Nisha Wilson
    sauce: http://ok.gov/odmhsas/Additional_Information/Agency_Overview/Administration_Team.html
    • Like Like x 3
  15. Quentinanon Member

Could she be Poff's replacement?
    article-0-1B6E4B2B000005DC-150_306x423.jpg
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Anonymous Member

17. DeathHamster Member

I've been indexing the Tulsa World Narconon articles, and I swear that every article finds a different way to refer to the ODHMSAS and related organizations.
    Once they're all in, I'll fix it in the database rather than messing with each article. The period from 1989-1992 makes very aggravating reading. It pisses me off that Narconon was able to outspend ODMHSAS until they completely surrendered.

http://home.primus.ca/~ronsharp/frontcite.html (Large)
    AAAARGHHH!!! Then why weren't they closed?! ("one-year accreditation"? I assume their buddy in CARF bumped that later.)
    • Like Like x 4
  18. Anonymous Member

Synanon was not a church, it was a militant drug rehab cult. It folded because the cult leader was jailed for attempted murder.
    • Like Like x 2
  19. patriot75 Member

I know exactly what you mean. It makes me want to beat my head against the wall while moving to Texas.

BTW, fantastic indexing![/quote]
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Anonymous Member

I know this is their own PR release but still, wtf!?!?
    http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/11/prweb11340409.htm
  21. Anonymous Member

22. Anonymous Member

I think they are trying to distance themselves from $cientology. Thanks to the internet, people know that narconon is part of the cult, and no one will go there if they see the connection.
    • Like Like x 2
  23. DeathHamster Member

I think Narconon Arrowhead is going down the shitter and they're trying to invent as much fake good PR as possible.
    • Like Like x 2
  24. JohnnyRUClear Member

Don't let up now. Man the plungers!
  25. BigBeard Member

I think they're running a scam, using the many "faith based" loop holes in the the new OK law on rehabs that recently went into effect.

BigBeard
    • Like Like x 1
  26. RightOn Member

TODAY IS TUES. NOV. 19TH
    WHY ARE THEY STILL OPEN?
    • Like Like x 1
  27. Anonymous Member

From http://forum.reachingforthetippingpoint.net/index.php/topic,12667.0.html

According to Narconon they (Arrowhead) have been offering this for a long time.

Narconon Arrowhead had had voluntary Bible study classes as an option for its students for some years when Rev. James McLaughlin of the African American Church lived nearby. The Bible study went on hiatus until another pastor could be found willing to take on the responsibility
    Same site http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/11/prweb11340409.htm

I wonder what religion they will study and I guess they will have to change their website.

Faith-Based Alcohol Treatment
    There are many people who believe that they must be in a program that caters not only to their addictions, but also their faith. These programs have proven as effective as the 12-step program, but have a very high drop out rate. Only about 10% of people who join the program ever complete it. There are also long waiting list and many people decide not to seek treatment or find another form of rehabilitation instead of waiting to get on the list. Therefore only about 20% of all the people joining have any success.
    Narconon sitehttp://www.narcononalbion.org/drug-rehab/
    • Like Like x 1
  28. Ceiling Sue Member

• Like Like x 2
  29. The Wrong Guy Member

Here's a press release from the cult today:

Narconon Arrowhead Holding Local Holiday Food Drive

The holidays are a time of love and generosity, not only toward your family and friends, but also toward your fellow man. It is the time of year when organizations raise money to help the poor and the homeless, in an effort to bring holiday cheer to those in need.

In the spirit of giving, Narconon Arrowhead has launched its seventh annual food pantry drive. Narconon Arrowhead’s food pantry drive benefits families in need, as well as local community service groups like Hope House of McAlester, the Department of Human Services Child Protection Unit, McIntosh and Pittsburg County youth shelters, Eufaula’s God’s Helping Hands, Deep Fork Community Action of Eufaula, Canadian Shore’s Fire Department, and many more that have reached out for help.

With charitable food and financial donations, Narconon Arrowhead creates food baskets for families, gift cards and checks for community service organizations, clothing, diaper and supply donations, and other items that are needed and wanted by families and organizations in need.

This year Narconon Arrowhead hopes to raise at least $2,500 with the help of local communities and generous donors. They are also accepting donations of food, clothing, and other important items. With a $500 donation from a recent program graduate and weekly bake sales, Narconon Arrowhead is already firmly on its way toward reaching its goal.

About Narconon Arrowhead

Narconon Arrowhead is a holistic,drug rehabilitation facility, and with room for as many as two hundred program participants. It is one of the largest drug and alcohol rehabilitation centers in the state of Oklahoma. Located in southern Oklahoma on the hills surrounding Lake Eufaula, Narconon Arrowhead provides a peaceful and relaxing setting to help individuals recover from substance abuse.

The Narconon drug rehabilitation program is a unique rehabilitation model. Individuals are assisted through drug withdrawal with vitamins and physical assists; no substitute medications are administered at any time. Program participants learn the basics of studying for understanding and how to recognize and resolve the barriers to study, and then proceed onto a sauna detox program to help eliminate residual drug toxins from their body. Program participants also take a series of life skills courses that give them the necessary skills to recognize conditions in life and improve them.

In addition to providing a highly successful drug rehabilitation program, Narconon Arrowhead also regularly participates in community service activities. The annual holiday food pantry drive is just one of many ways that Narconon Arrowhead gives back to local communities, and everyone is encouraged to help in any way they can. No donation is too small, and every donation is helpful in bringing a happy holiday to those who are in need.

Continued (with a link to a cult site) here:
    http://www.streetinsider.com/Press ...Holding Local Holiday Food Drive/8932699.html
    • Like Like x 4
  30. Anonymous Member

In the spirit of giving, Narconon Arrowhead has launched its seventh annual food pantry drive
    This year Narconon Arrowhead hopes to raise at least $2,500 with the help of local communities and generous donors.
    How much does Narconon contribute?
    15 lines of text that talk about the food drive and includes Narconon, then guess what the rest is about Narconon Arrowhead.
    • Like Like x 1
  31. Anonymous Member

32. RightOn Member

TODAY IS THURSDAY NOV. 28TH
    WHY ARE THEY STILL OPEN?
    • Like Like x 3
  33. Anonymous Member

One from NN Int

Narconon Focuses Attention on the Health Damage of Illicit Drugs with Release of Cocaine Risks Report
    Published: November 29, 2013 4:35 AM
    Those who abuse illicit drugs like cocaine doubtfully know the harmful health effects they can suffer, prompting Narconon International to issue this web-based report.
    (PRWEB) November 29, 2013
    When a person starts abusing drugs like cocaine, Spice or painkillers, they don't start out by asking about the health risks. And drug dealers don't volunteer the information. Therefore, millions of people risk their health and even their lives by abusing drugs that can cause serious, sometimes fatal damage.

"Everyone who is using or tempted to abuse drugs or alcohol needs to have this information in their hands now," said Clark Carr, president of Narconon International. Narconon is a non-profit organization dedicated to the elimination of drug abuse and addiction. "A person who starts using cocaine isn't thinking about the fact that cocaine could damage or even kill him the first time he uses it. To save lives, we are releasing health risk information for each illicit drug, starting with cocaine."

Just days ago, a Long Island man died after a scuffle with police. Police approached him while he was standing in the road, highly agitated. When they restrained him, cocaine-related heart damage and his current state of cocaine toxicity caused his death.

In 2012, singer Whitney Houston died in her bath, her death was later ruled to be due to heart disease and cocaine use. News reports noted that cocaine scars the heart and increases the risk of heart attack and sudden cardiac death.

"Certainly, cocaine damages the heart, but it also dangerously affects the brain, intestines, vascular system and of course, has serious effects on unborn children," said Carr. "In this new website feature, anyone can find out more about effects cocaine can have on their health and the risk of death that accompanies the drug. We will follow this feature with additional information on all the other drugs of abuse. People need to know the risks."
    To view the information on the many different types of health damage that can result from cocaine abuse, visit: http://www[dot]narconon.org/drug-abuse/cocaine/health-risk.html.

"With some drugs, a person runs serious risk every time he or she indulges," added Carr. "They can make better decisions when they have the facts."
    • Like Like x 1
  34. RightOn Member

"Narconon is a non-profit organization dedicated to the elimination of drug abuse and addiction. "

HA HA HAH A HAHA HH AAAAAAA HA HA HA HA
  35. JohnnyRUClear Member

I stopped there. Clearly a squirrel has gotten into Narconon's comm lines; giving is out exchange.
    • Like Like x 1
  36. Anonymous Member

Here is one from today. You have to pay to read the whole thing...yeah right.

Narconon Arrowhead Announces Weekly Graduation Ceremony That Will Acknowledge Individual Sobriety
    Published: December 1, 2013 5:19 AM
    Rehab center focuses on results in treatment from clients enrolled in weekly graduation.(PRWEB) December 01, 2013

The path from substance addiction to sobriety can be a difficult and often treacherous one. Individuals who seek sobriety may find that the overpowering effects of addiction can make sobriety seem as unreachable as the summit of Mount Everest.

Many individuals can be more...

http://www.newsday.com/business/pre...ill-acknowledge-individual-sobriety-1.6521099
    • Like Like x 1
  37. DeathHamster Member

Food drives and toy drives aren't out exchange. They get other people to make the donations, and then they take credit for it, loudly.
    • Like Like x 4
  38. Anonymous Member

NN AH PR Today:

Narconon Arrowhead Releases Illustrated Series on Addiction Booklet
    Rehab program breaks down each component of addiction and recovery in free publication.
    Canadian, OK (PRWEB) December 02, 2013

When someone around becomes addicted to drugs, one may notice sudden and dramatic behavior and personality changes. Individuals may wonder why they seem serious, sad or angry all the time, why they have lost their sense of humor and interest in favorite activities, and why they are constantly uncomfortable both physically and emotionally. If someone has never personally experienced the powerful effects of drug addiction, they may find it very difficult to understand why the individual would choose to continue a habit that is obviously causing them physical and emotional pain, and may find themselves wondering, “Why don’t they just quit?” Unfortunately, this simple and innocent question reveals how little is known about the truth of drug use and addiction, and what it takes for an individual to successfully recover from substance abuse. Considering the extremely dangerous and deadly consequences of substance abuse, it is vital that more individuals become educated in the truth about addiction.

“The Truth About Becoming Addicted”
    Narconon Arrowhead, a drug rehabilitation facility in Oklahoma, has recently released an informational graphic to help promote their free booklet, “The Truth About Becoming Addicted”. The fully illustrated graphic reviews the basic reasons why an individual may turn to drugs, how drugs can poison the user’s body and cause nutritional deficiencies that may lead to major health problems, how residual drug toxins can cause cravings for more of the drug, how drugs can numb both physical and emotional senses, how drug use can cause an individual to withdraw from relationships and life, how drug use can eventually take over the individual’s life - leading them either to prison or death, and most importantly, how an individual can overcome drug use problems and regain a healthy, productive life with the right tools and rehabilitation program.

The promotional graphic is a perfect summary of the booklet itself, which is designed to enlighten the reader on the very nature and parts of substance addiction. Like trying to build a road without knowing where to start, an individual cannot hope to resolve their problems with addiction unless they understand the very basic causes of addiction. This simple concept may very well explain why some individuals attend rehabilitation programs and go on to relapse into drug use - they did not confront and fully address the reasons why they turned to drug use in the first place. Not only are ineffective stints in rehabilitation facilities an expensive cycle, they can also be very depressing and disheartening to the addicted individual, who may begin to lose hope that there is a solution to their drug problems. “The Truth About Becoming Addicted” seeks to renew this hope.

About Narconon Arrowhead
    Narconon Arrowhead is a drug and alcohol rehabilitation treatment facility in southern Oklahoma. The Narconon program is a holistic and unique approach to drug addiction, and is designed to help individuals fully address and resolve the mental, emotional and physical causes and effects of drug use. Based on the drug rehabilitation research and developments made by American author and humanitarian L. Ron Hubbard, the Narconon program empowers individuals to confront and resolve the underlying causes of their drug use and gives them valuable life skills that can help them move on to productive, drug-free lives.

Narconon Arrowhead is the largest Narconon facility in the world, and has helped over 10,000 people overcome substance abuse problems since its inception 22 years ago Independent research through outcome studies, staff and client surveys and Narconon reviews indicates that Narconon Arrowhead graduates have a 70% success rate of going on to live drug-free lives.

Narconon Arrowhead firmly feels that educating individuals in the truth about drugs and addiction is a powerful step towards preventing and resolving drug addiction problems, and to this end, “The Truth About Becoming Addicted” is free for anyone who needs a copy. Simply visit http://www.becomingaddicted[dot]org/ to place your request.

http://www.prweb[dot]com/releases/2013/12/prweb11380932.htm
    • Like Like x 1
  39. The Wrong Guy Member

Here's another new press release from the cult:

Narconon Arrowhead Announces Curriculum Based on Outcome Monitoring Results

Canadian, Oklahoma (PRWEB) December 17, 2013

If an advertisement on the radio stated that a company’s healthcare product was the best on the market, would you buy that product without verifying their claim? Some people may, but most of us will ask to see statistics, referrals from trusted individuals—like doctors, some sort of evidence. A company can make any claim it wants; but how many monitor their results and can provide evidence of consistent results?

Choosing a drug and alcohol rehabilitation treatment facility should be no different from choosing a healthcare product—instead of simply listening to the facility’s self-promotion, one should look for reviews and statistics. Does the program address the many facets of addiction, the emotional and psychological problems that may have led to addiction or are causing it to continue? Is it designed to restore the physical health of each individual, including eliminating the drug residues from their body—accumulated drug residues have recently been shown linked to behavioral disorders. Do they help the individual learn how to re-integrate into society, and become a hardworking, happy citizen? You shouldn’t have to take their word for it; you should be able to find independent reviews from individuals who have participated in their treatment services, or consistent results statistics.

The best facilities are not only interested in helping former patients succeed, they also study their results. And the very best monitor results statistics to self-correct or improve and consistently achieve high results year in and year out.

Routinely Measuring Results After Clients Leave Treatment

In a field such as addiction treatment, where results can vary from counselor to counselor and treatment methods are particularly prone to being altered; ongoing outcomes monitoring is an important activity to ensure consistency and quality. But until now, asking programs to follow clients after they leave care to measure how well they do in life or remain drug free has not been considered workable.

Scientific studies are complex, expensive and require specially trained staff, for these reasons they are not done very often. And while rigorous studies are important, they describe results achieved under ideal circumstances where everything is tightly controlled. This does not always translate into equivalent results in the real world setting with different counselors and types of patients.

A study just published in the Journal of Substance Abuse Treatment and Research demonstrates a simplified routine outcome monitoring system that can be broadly used to ensure that treatment provided is effective and reproducible, that treatment is high-quality and cost-effective, and that health service providers are responsible to maintain treatment delivery quality.

Narconon International, a drug rehabilitation treatment facility that oversees roughly one hundred thirty treatment facilities worldwide, collaborated with a team lead by Dr. Richard Lennox of Chestnut Health Systems to solve some of the main problems that treatment facilities encounter when trying to monitor outcomes. Difficulty tracking clients after discharge, very long and complicated screening procedures, and a lack of dedicated outcome monitoring staff were all solved during a four-year-long pilot outcomes monitoring project run at Narconon Arrowhead in Oklahoma. Aspects of client enrollment, case management and graduate follow-up systems already in place were used to develop a scientific method for routinely monitoring outcomes that is workable in all types of treatment facilities and beneficial to clients.

Results of Narconon Arrowhead Outcome Studies

In close collaboration with researchers, clinical staff at Narconon Arrowhead implemented the following changes to their program in order to improve post-treatment outcomes monitoring:

• A new enrollment form was created that collects multiple phone and email information from each client, as well as multiple phone numbers and email addresses for friends or relatives that can help confirm the program graduate’s results in the event that the graduate himself is unreachable.

• All contact information is verified and updated just prior to the student’s graduation and discharge.

• A written checklist organizes and lists out each step of the follow-up process for ease in understanding and following.

These improvements have resulted in a higher rate of post-treatment contact with program graduates, not only allows Narconon Arrowhead to better monitor outcomes and address and correct program deficiencies, but also allows them to help program graduates with any problems they may be encountering.

While there is no expectation that any one treatment facility is perfect in producing 100% results in 100% of their patients 100% of the time, a facility’s willingness and ability to undertake effective outcome monitoring can make the difference between a slightly and sometimes successful, never-changing program and a highly successful, evolving program that can address and meet the needs of its clients.

Continued here:
    http://www.streetinsider.com/Press ...ed on Outcome Monitoring Results/8984855.html
    • Like Like x 1
  40. RightOn Member

TODAY IS TUESDAY DEC 17TH, WHY ARE THEY STILL OPEN?

Here's hoping that all get out of their safely and do not get in the cult's clutches
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.