Customize

Another death at NN Arrowhead, July 19th 2012

Discussion in 'Narconon' started by peterstorm, Jul 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. If they were a real treatment facility, some of that $30 grand would pay for a 24/7 physician or nurse practitioner who would have a store of drugs such as Nalaxone to administer before calling an ambulance.

I would dearly love to compare NN stats and prices with those of real rehabs that actually treat addiction as a medical problem and just not something the addict "pulled in themselves".
    • Agree Agree x 6
  2. The Wrong Guy Member

Narconon Treatment Center Under Fire

By Yvonne Lewis

Services were held today for an Owasso woman who died at a controversial drug treatment facility. 20 Year old Stacy Murphy was a patient at Narconon, where 3 other people associated with the facility have died since 2009. It's located in Canadian. The town is located about 15 miles north of McAlester. The deaths at this facility are generating national attention from New York to California. The most recent death happened Thursday.

To her family, Stacy Murphy should not be dead. She walked into to Narconon for help with a drug addition. It was where she was pronounced dead after a 6 week stay.

But Murphy's death raises even more growing questions about Narconon a non profit drug and alcohol treatment center, we're told that's associated with the teachings of Scientology.

"The simple fact that there had been several of them up there. I say several, being two or three, its several to me."

Other deaths reported at Narconon include 21 year old Hillary Holton of Carrollton in April, 32 year old Gabriel Graves of Owasso who died last October. In 2009, Jeremy Pierce, a patient at Narconon, died. His case was settled. All the deaths previously investigated solely by the Pittsburg county sheriff's office until now.

As you look back do you wish you had called the OSBI sooner after that first death that was settled? "Yeah. Hindsight is always there. Like I said I had good trained personnel, go look at the scene the situation.

A protest was held that this facility about a month ago. They were family members and concerned citizens looking for answers.

From www.ktul.com/story/19093045/narconon-treatment-center-under-fire
    • Like Like x 3
  3. Sekee Member

I see Gary Smith is still only admitting to three deaths there. Four patients have died at Narconon Arrowhead since 2009. Hillary Holten, 21; Gabriel Graves, 32, Kaysie Dianne Werninck, 28 and Stacy Dawn Murphy, 20.
    Who is Jeremy pierce? A case settled in 2009?
    • Like Like x 3
  4. The Wrong Guy Member

The grammar in the article could be better. His mention should read "In 2009, Jeremy Pierce, a patient at Narconon, died. His case was settled."
    • Like Like x 3
  5. Sekee Member

If you add Jeremy Pierce to the list it would make five deaths. But who is he? I’ve not heard him mentioned before.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. www.stopaddiction.com I believe is Scientology site which has recently been changed from highlighting Narconon's absurd 70% success ratio to now show itself as a referral site dealing with many treatment centers with Narconon simply being one of them.

I believe they are still shilling for only Narconon and using the referral bs as a cover, this is their m. o. over the years.I do wonder if this was how the Murphy's ended up sending to their daughter Stacy to Narconon, unaware of the Scientology batshit insane LRH treatment program being referred from stopaddiction.com with their lies.

I'd like to know the names of all the other drug treatment centers that have chosen to work with stopaddiction.com and how many actually get referred to them and not Narconon. Any legitimate ones would have been duped if there are any, imho.

The scam would work like this, stopaddicion.com says: "We only have 1 bed available today and it's at Narconon which is a great facility. If you want treatment today, we'll hold the bed but you must arrange for full payment of 27 to 30 grand today. Insurance will re-imburse a good share down the road to you, let's get her in NOW."

I know, no dox, stfu but in this case, my bs detector has gone off big time concerning these frauds who may now be distancing themselves as a referral center of many, personally I doubt they refer to other centers in business with them. I hope that the stopaddiction.com website gets thoroughly investigated.
    • Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  7. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 8
  8. Intelligence Member

UPDATE: >>> To set the Record Straight ,....,

There will be at least three TV Channel broadcasts tonight on the
    folowing chanels in the USA:

- KTUL.com at 10-11pm

- KJRH.com at 10-11pm

- KOTV (FOX 25) at 9pm

There is also a TV Network in the USA doing an Investigative Report
    and another Investigative Reporter in Canada who has been working
    on a story for past two weeks and I'll be talking with him again today
    and meeting with photographer.

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 3
  9. Anonymous Member

A "non-medical" or social residential substance abuse program can only treat patients who are in no danger of physical withdrawal or overdose, as these conditions can be life threatening.

To screen out patients who may be in danger of withdrawal or overdose, a social rehab program will:
    1. have a physician available to do an assessment within 24 hours of admission
    2. train staff in how to recognize signs and symptoms of intoxication, which may happen at any time due to patients smuggling contraband into the program.

Every patient returning from a visit home needs to be assessed for possession of contraband and/or intoxication. Intoxicated patients should be seen on site by a consulting MD, or should be sent to the nearest ER for evaluation.

Why does a "non-medical" program have a "withdrawal unit"? That is fucking retarded.
    • Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 2
  10. mongrel Member

I've been thinking about that too, in relation to the accusations that "she did it to herself". And yes, in a way she did.

But an addict, by definition, needs help. If they could solve their problems on their own then they wouldn't need help. NarCONon was paid to help her. And they failed. There's nothing wrong with being paid in and of itself. After all, caretakers need to support themselves and can't simply do it out of generosity. (But I have seen most go above and beyond what they were paid to do :))

The real problem here is that the cult sold itself as "professionals". And they clearly are not. Real professionals *know* that clients will "cheat". And they know how to deal with it, from both psychological and medical addiction viewpoints. NarCONon obviously knows neither. Their only "knowledge" of either subject comes from elron's blatherings. And you need only read his idiocy regarding radiation to know that he was a medical moron.

tl;dr The real problem is that narCONon was is selling a scam. And it doesn't help. It hurts people.
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  11. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 2
  12. Anonymous Member

OK, I'm officially WTF. She was a meth addict who OD'ed on WHAT?
  13. Anon-sky Member

I wonder if Alexander Jentzsch should be added to the list. According to Tony Ortega, Methadone was found next to his body. Pretty strange drug for a Scientologist to have.
    • Agree Agree x 3
  14. Intelligence Member

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Intelligence Member

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
  16. Intelligence Member

• Like Like x 2
  17. It was first reported as a heroin overdose, there are conflicting reports, perhaps she abused both, one way or another this young lady deserved professional care by competent, properly trained personnel of which Narconon has none, zero.

Stacy Murphy did not deserve for her family to be scammed out of $27,000. by the Church of Scientology's front group Narconon that uses nothing but completely unverified L. Ron Hubbard lies for sale........

Nothing in Hubbard's Narconon materials which are totally comprised of Scientology courses, required Scientology processing, insane overdoses of niacin, other crazy LRH concoctions, absurd, medically dangerous 5 hour every day sessions in a sauna and exposure to Scientology 'ethics' procedures do anything whatsoever to cure addiction as they claim with ridiculous promotions of over 70% success rates.

Narconon is a Scientology scam, 100% including their sack of lies at www.stopaddiction.com.
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  18. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 1
  19. Anonymous Member

She was only 20 years old. She was still a baby. A 20 year old girl doesn't think taking drugs will kill her - kids feel immortal at that age. She needed help.
    • Agree Agree x 7
  20. These incompetent bastards make me so angry. People can die from alcohol or benzo withdrawal. (So a housewife with a valium addiction could die in this setting, let alone a teenager on heroin). They need medical attention. How can they think leaving anyone withdrawing from any drug alone is safe? For a corporation who is so conscious of litigation, they are surely leaving themselves open to law suits.

If I started my own little detox clinic in my lounge room and I fed people diet coke and hugs and charged them a few grand for it, I'd be shut down in no time. Why are they any different?
    • Agree Agree x 10
  21. Anonymous Member

22. Sekee Member

If the number of deaths is four then why do we have five names?
    Hillary Holten, 21; Gabriel Graves, 32, Kaysie Dianne Werninck, 28 Stacy Dawn Murphy, 20 and Jeremy Pierce .
    • Agree Agree x 2
  23. Anonymous Member

Well, better than three that says in the article. Got an anon FB account, please help enlightening!
  24. anon walker Moderator

Uneducated people playing doctor with a script from a fairly mediocre pulp fiction hack.

What could possibly go wrong?
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  25. BigBeard Member

Unbelievable! The narCONon shills are actually in the comments pushing what a great job they do compared to other rehabs. :(

BigBeard
    • Agree Agree x 2
  26. The Wrong Guy Member

From http://www.facebook.com/David.Edgar.Love:

David Love

3 minutes ago near Montreal, Quebec

After meeting with a very well-known book author over the weekend at the SP Party in New England, I am beginning a new book in about an hour from now. Because of the ongoing Quebec Human Rights Commission cases, I must hold back on my main "Inside Scientology Rehab - Narconon" book until sometime in August when the Commission will render a decision to proceed to court hearings. The new book I'm starting today WILL deliver a targeted BLOW to Scientology Rehabs - Narconon, but the main thrust is to provide the citizens of Canada and ESPECIALLY the USA, with a comprehensive list of reputable and legitimate Addiction Rehab facilities - staffed by qualified medical professionals. I want to thank all my friends for their suggestions and especially my dear friend I met at Pook's SP Party in New England. The networking at this party was absolutely INCREDIBLE ♥♥♥ - So off I go to work now and when I'm focused as I am right now, projects like this don't take me long ♥♥♥
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  27. Quentinanon Member

Scientology: Industry of Death
    • Agree Agree x 5
  28. Intelligence Member

Scilon Troll OP's caught today trying to befriend and gather Intel. Nice try OSA - - your
    Intelligence OP's are pathetic!

"They" are in obvious "desperation-mode" and are having trouble keeping up.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  29. spirit76 Member

• Winner Winner x 1
  30. BigBeard Member

Sounds like maybe we need an 'Infodump - Stealth narCONon Referral Sites' where all of the scam referral sites can be listed for easy reference.

BigBeard
    • Winner Winner x 1
  31. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 1
  32. Anonymous Member

Funny - I was blocked from Narconon Arrowhead facebook, but comments are still open...if you haven't been flagged yet!
    http://www.facebook.com/StopAddiction

Also, I reported the page as a "spam or scam."
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  33. Sekee Member

Tulsa World (Oklahoma) 3rd May 2003 mentions that at the opening of Narconon Arrowhead John Travolta made a large donation to the centre.

• Winner Winner x 2
  34. Anonymous Member

I don't use FB but I can see the page. I use WOT so there is an interesting display of bright RED Dots, WOT (Web Of Trust) signifying sites with extremely low user ratings, and a smattering of GREEN Dots, WOT Green signifying wholesome, safe sites to visit.

I do hope that David Love uses WOT for his very recent and current project, because those RED dots do save a lot of time in tracking down scilon rehab sites.

David's Current Project: https://whyweprotest.net/community/threads/david-love-needs-research-help.104024/unread
  35. spirit76 Member

• Like Like x 3
  36. RightOn Member

can there possibly be a title change?
    am i the only one who every time sees this title has a freakin' heart attack?
  37. RightOn Member

not surprised.
    him and the beard where very hands on in the setting up of Narconon in Hawaii, weren't they?
  38. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  39. anoninoob Member

someone should forward the vitamin regiment to the coroners office.
    • Agree Agree x 3
  40. Anonymous Member

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Narconon Drug Bomb
    • Like Like x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.