Customize

Another Family Disconnected

Discussion in 'Fair Game Reports and Personal Experiences' started by Wisemanofthewatchtower, May 12, 2010.

1. Another Family Disconnected

Dear All,

I regret to announce that as of this month, my scientologist father has disconnected from me. I had to move out and find my own apartment.

I was Declared because I refused to disconnect from "SPs on the internet," and the Declare was printed on March 13th 2010 (L Ron Hubbard's Birthday)

I wanted to say that I don't hold it against my dad; He is a nice guy at heart. I forgive him for choosing his church over family.

I also want to thank my Mom, who had the courage to walk right into the Ethics office and tell them that she will not disconnect from her son. Way to go mom!

It is such a shock to see the former wives on Abc360 lying through their teeth that there is no disconnection in scientology.

-Wiseman of the Watchtower
  2. anon4eva Member

Re: Another Family Disconnected

Oh man Watchtower,
    I am so sorry for your pain, and will hold out hope that he will come around.
    Best of luck to you!
  3. Anonymous Member

So your Mom has subsequently been Declared also?
  4. Anonymous Member

You have my deepest sympathies. I hope your mother's Declare wakes your father up and you all get the healing you need. I didn't find it shocking at all that the former wives lied about disconnection on AC360. They're not the first, nor will they be the last, people to lie for a cult.
  5. Anonymous Member

You have my sympathies as well. But rock on to your mom for not letting them boss her around. and Rock on to you for getting out. Have some caek.
  6. TinyDancer Member

Your Mum gets my vote. Good for her! (And you.)

I really hope your Dad wakes up, Wiseman. :(
  7. Anonymous Member

For those of you 33 "guests" ITT that are OSA or still "in" the cult

THIS IS WHY

Hugs to you, Watchman, and to your mom, for your bravery in standing up and speaking out. Families shouldn't have to make these kinds of decisions - EVER.
  8. CarterUSP Member

Sorry to hear about this. No easy answer to give.
    Makes me want to protest even more.
  9. Anonymous Member

I am so sorry for your pain, Watchtower
  10. Lorelei Member

You have my sympathies, Watchman. Love to you and your mom AND your dad, who I hope will realize that Disconnection is not the answer.
  11. Django Member

FTFY.

Stay Strong, Wiseman...

12. Anonymous Member

^same same

Also, I consider your father responsible and wholly accountable for his actions in being complicit with a fraud even while I respect your decision to forgive him.
  13. Anonymous Member

I'm sorry for you as well, hopefully he'll come to his senses. Are your parents divorced? Kudos to your mom!!

Now....... Let's clean this place up!

Goddamn alien smegma!
    ugh
  14. anonyweird Member

If you and your family have been involved, you must know there is no CHURCH
    involved in this! May I ask how old you are? Your Father may be AFRAID to dissconnect! Don't give up on him. As for " yea for Mom" is she still a cult member?
  15. Ogsonofgroo Member

That sux bigtime Wiseman, good your mom has stuck to her guns tho. Hope your pop figures it out eventually, I find it hard to imagine someone in my family going through such lengths for a group that is so anti-family. ~maddening really.
    This is why!
  16. hotdog57 Member

Wiseman, Get ready for a lot of rumormonger-ing loads of rumor and hearsay all about your sex life,
    And hate that you have never witness-ed with no evidence...
    From your dad,
    Load,s of lying and even fair gaming on you...
    This is their new from of disconnection,
    I was disconnected from my dad in august of 2008 and this is exactly what they did...
    Peter Devaney jr
  17. Bipolart Member

Sorry to hear about your dad, Wiseman. Thank goodness your mom wouldn't let Scientology disconnect from you. A question asked before -- Is your mom still in?
  18. AnonKat Member

Stay strong, your mom is a gem. Hiope the Church crumbles fast so your dad thinks again.
  19. BLiP Member

THIS IS WHY ! ! !
  20. mirror neuron Member

Very sorry to hear this. Your even-handed and generous response to your dad's decision is impressive. I hope he comes around eventually. Your mom deserves a lot of respect for keeping her priorities straight and for standing up for you.
  21. JohnnyRUClear Member

I point you towards:

ESMB

Amy Scobee

Yep. Talky talky.
  22. Sponge Member

If you had refused, would he have literally kicked you out, taking legal steps to do so?
  23. AIN Member

/r/ scan of the declare
  24. RightOn Member

Wiseman, this is such a heart break. Sorry for your troubles and pain.
    And give your Mom a big kiss.
  25. Anonymous Member

http://forums.whyweprotest.net/7-chit-chat/intro-ex-so-member-toronto-57793/

From what I can see in WMWT's previous posts, WMWT was kind of expecting an SP declare on himself, but was *hoping* his dad wouldn't disconnect. This was back in December '09.

Watchtower - do you still believe that it's even possible to address management without offending individuals? I hope you can see that it is essentially out of your control once you have been declared. Hell, it's out of your control even when your in good standing!

But what IS within your control is your ability to look critically at all of the things you were told, all that you saw and heard, and re-evaluate for yourself (maybe with your mom's help?) that which you know to be true or false, right or wrong.

Sorry for this turn of events. I hope that you can help your dad get out before it's too late...
  26. AIN Member

the whole managment thing is the equivelent of questioning the pope and hoping not to offend a catholic.
  27. Anonymous Member

hey OSA guests/cult fags

FUCK YOU. THIS IS WHY. YOU PULLED US IN.

WMWT your mom has balls of steel I hope she had a wonderful mothers day and I sincerely hope your father will come out of this.
  28. exOT8Michael Member

I don't feel sorry for you. I am just delighted you are free of the cult.
    Having your own place will give you new free space.
    I do feel sorry for your dad as he is, as you say, basically a good guy and remains enslaved to the cult scam.
    Enjoy your freedom and hope your dad wakes up one day...
  29. Random guy Member

Wisemanofthewatchtower, first off let me say I'm sorry and enraged by the sutuation the CoS has put you and your father in. This is indeed the basic reason a lot of people protest.

Secondly, to help us in our fight, is there any chance you ca get a copy, photo or scan of the letter? Having hard evidence the CoS is lying would be very, very handy.
  30. Anonymous Member

The lulzfags got this started. The moralfags are what most of the lulzfags who stayed became because of this shit, even if they don't admit it to themselves. Fuck it. We're all fags, and that's doubly true of the mod who wordfiltered moralfag to moralfag. A few of us are even fagfags, and we love them just as we love everyone else. Except for AGP. Almost everyone realizes what an asshole he is.

Tl;dr: This is why!
  31. Anonymous Member

God damn it! The mods also wordfiltered lulzfag to lulzfag! Who is responsible for this faggotry?!
  32. AnonyVix Member

Deepest sympathies. I hope your dad does eventually see the light.
  33. AIN Member

sodom.jpg
  34. Anonymous Member

In b4 OP got thrown out because dad was tired of supporting a 40 year old child.
  35. HellRazor Member

Sorry to hear about that, OP. Lets hope for eventual reconnection.
  36. Anonymous Member

SP's on the internet? Wat? Where?

lol

I'm sorry this has happened to you and your family. Know that you have an "extended" family here and we got your back brother....

Hold onto your Mom closely. You know they have not stopped working on her to disconnect from you.

Oh, and CoS, FUCK YOU. Every time you do this, you just throw another log on the SP fire.

We do not forgive.

We do not forget.
  37. Anonymous Member

THIS IS WHY

When the policy of disconnection ends, I'll have one less reason.

If it takes dismantling the church to see its harmful policies ended, so be it.
  38. CantPickaName Member

39. Alkapwn Member

Deepest sympathies to you OP. Your mom deserves the clanging brass balls award, and I hope and pray your father realizes the error of his ways SOON and reconnects with you.
  40. El Diablo Member

Oh wow, I'm so sorry your dad has disconnected from you. An SP declare must be far easier to shrug off than the tragic repercussions it has for your relationship with him. That you've found it in your heart to forgive him, when it would be so easy to harbor anger, speaks volumes for your character, and for that I applaud you.

As unfortunate as this is, having a mum that not only refused the order to disconnect from you, but to march into the ethics office and say it to their faces, must be incredibly heartening. I don't even know her (or you for that matter) and I want to thank her. That must take a lot of courage!

As sad as this situation is, I'm so glad you have a mum like that. Whatever may ensue, I wish you both whatever fortitude you need, and hope that one day your dad will be able to find the same strength you and your mum have already found.