Customize

Another Occupy/dropouts camp dismantled in London

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by Not so anonymous, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Anonymous Member

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Herro Member

Occupy did help to push important issues into public discourse.
  3. Was that worth all the cost to the public purse though?
  4. Anonymous Member

Right so ALL those who were part of the Occupy movement were "benefit scroungers & wasters" were they?

How about those that were happy working but were made redundant?

Are they "dropouts" too?
  5. vaLLarrr Member

6. PresidentShaw Member

Like what?
  7. anon walker Moderator

My thoughts: Occupy had promise. However, after my initial contact with them here, it was clear that they were more interested in putting tents in public areas than spreading the word about issues to interested communities. On top of that, they made many assumptions about our neighborhoods (privileged whites scared of minorities and Teh Homeless, as if) and grimly tried to cling to their positions of power and authority over the whole protest movement rather than trying to expand their base by being welcoming to newbies.

If anything good came of all this, it is that the Occupation did bring together like-minded people who have left Occupy in favor of pumping up numbers of groups focused on certain issues. More and more, I'm seeing the tag line "Not endosed by OSD."

In other words, the creepy old leftist bullies of Occupy are now lecturing each other in between drum circles. All the interested folks who turned out and got turned away have found other outlets for their activism.

That's how it worked out here.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Herro Member

Oh lord, it is you.
  9. Anonymous Member

Next time the moon is full, all the military has to do is summon the high priest to the temple, brew up nine Tana leaves and Mubarek will be no worse for wear.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Anonymous Member

Any protest or demonstration will attract the Marxist cunts who tell you you're not doing it right, even though their flaky ideology has achieved only backward progress in 100 years.

I'd sooner punch an anarchist than a cop.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. whosit Member

Hey wait! Is Egypt either going to be overcomed by Musilim Brotherhood or the the Army like I called it a year and half ago? I'm so glad that people here wanted to make fun of me. I'm so wrong.
  12. Anonymous Member

Muslim Brotherhood = Christian Democrats, YMCA.
  13. Herro Member

How many disco songs have been written about the Muslim Brotherhood?
  14. Well there was those ones by Sly and the family stoning.
  15. PresidentShaw Member

0CRmO.jpg
    • Funny Funny x 1