Customize

Another One Leaves The Cult (in Ireland)

Discussion in 'Scientology and Anonymous' started by pedrofcuk, Oct 9, 2011.

1. pedrofcuk Member

Hello and top of the morning from the Emerald isle... nah fuck that shit!

The good news is that another has left the cult and I am awaiting permission to post his resignation email on here.

We know that the Dublin Mission is struggling desperately to keep afloat and this latest case of someone wising up will hit them pretty hard.

Now if we can just get the other 58 57 56 55 54 53 52 51 50 49 48 47 46 45 44 43 42 41 40 39 38 37 or whatever sad number are left to do the same, we'll have a cleared country.

Clear of Ronbots!

Erm... just to clarify, I'm not proposing that clearing the country of Ronbots is intended to harm them in any way, just the opposite, the aim is to bring about a realisation that Ron was a conman, liar and charlatan, and there are no Clears and no OTs and the Tech doesn't actually work and the front groups are simply that.

All they have to do is look at the evidence before their very eyes.
    • Like Like x 24
  2. Great news, awaiting dox with interest

inb4ROwantsnameforthelist ;)
    • Like Like x 2
  3. wolfyrik Member

Epic. Truth is stronger than brainwashing, this is why Scientology fails.
    • Like Like x 2
  4. subgenius Member

Thank you for your efforts.
  5. Anonymous Member

Dibs on posting "Another one leaves the cult" video when this becomes official!
  6. xenubarb Member

Did the recent media reports on Scientology, Dublin play any part in his/her decision to blow?
  7. pedrofcuk Member

No, he was already a week old ex-scilon at that point but it did help to confirm his decision to leave was the right one.
    • Like Like x 3
  8. xenubarb Member

VERY cool! :)
  9. AnonLover Member

sending out a warm welcome to the real world & virtual hugs to whoever it is. congrats on getting your life back!!
    • Like Like x 1
  10. subgenius Member

I'm guessing that you were part of the decision to leave.
  11. pedrofcuk Member

Subject: Where I stand...
    Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 16:59:19 +0100

Guys

I want to bring closure on my position and relationship to the Church.

Although I haven't been on-lines really since 2005, I've kept the possibility open for reading the books and returning for services at some point in the future.

Recently though, I was shocked to come across testimonials from Mike Rinder and Marty Rathbun re the culture of abuse and violence within international management.

Here's only one reference:
    http://www.tampabay.com/specials/2009/reports/project/
    http://www.tampabay.com/specials/2009/reports/project/rathbun.shtml

This is truly horrific, and I just don't believe the rebuttals that are coming from the Church.

For me it's clear why I could never 'handle' my parents, because deep down I just couldn't give the 'acceptable truths' required.

I am now much clearer on my stance:
    > I resent the crippling financial pressure members are expected to get into;
    > The Church's creed and the Church's culture are completely at odds;
    > I'm shocked at the testimonials from ex-Sea Org members regarding the RPF, forced abortions, disconnections;
    > I flat-out disagree with the obvious use of 'fair game' that the Church is engaged in.

I could go on.

Scientology is not getting attacked for it's beliefs, it gets attacked for its own violations of human rights, anti-democratic activities, and bully tactics on critics.
    It really is its own worst enemy, and I expect only decline for the group.

I now know my disagreements are far greater than my agreements.

I therefore want to make it clear that I am withdrawing any allegiance to the Church.

Although I respect you all and consider you very decent, the Church is not on course to achieving its objectives.
    I'm sending this mail to all of you because I don't accept the Church's "don't ask, don't look, don't say" culture.

I'm sure, after this, you'll each be electing to cut ties with me, and you are welcome to do so.
    You are also welcome to keep in touch, now you know my standpoint on the matter.

At any rate, I wish you all the best.

Martin Duggan
    • Like Like x 34
  12. AnonLover Member

• Like Like x 11
  13. Anonymous Member

I love to post this. Gives me shivers every time.

14. xenubarb Member

This Duggan isn't related to DM's pet richie Duggans, I hope!
  15. BlooAnon Member

Let the dances of joy commence!

16. Anonymous Member

Are you referring to Bob and Tricia Duggan?
    iasc.jpg
  17. xenubarb Member

18. Anonymous Member

"ohhh, when Irish eyes are smilin' "

[IMG]
  19. Anonymous Member

I love you Pedro!
  20. pedrofcuk Member

I hope not, those people are so tall! Oh wait, yea...
    • Like Like x 4
  21. Anonymous Member

LULZ

Look at that little freak. Just look at it.
  22. Miranda Member

Okay, moving the tildacity derail (sigh). Let's really practice! Next time let's ignore it! Hellban!
    • Like Like x 4
  23. Miranda Member

I saw that, Orson!

MOD EDIT: I don't know what you're talking about. Are you hallucinating? /Orson

Mod Edit: Very funny, Orson. Hands off my post!
    • Like Like x 4
  24. AnonyVix Member

I think David Miscavige is wearing larger shoes than he needs to in this shot; he's probably a size 3 but wearing size fives.

Excellent news btw, even if I am a little late picking up on it. :)
    • Like Like x 1
  25. pedrofcuk Member

And we have another one ready to leave but can't say too much!
    • Like Like x 9
  26. xenubarb Member

BRING DOX!!!11!
  27. Anonymous Member

I can't wait!
  28. Anonymous Member

29. AnonyVix Member

That's good to hear.
  30. pedrofcuk Member

Scilon reply to Martin's resignation letter.

Hi Martin,

Just got your e-mail. Its disappointing of course as I have always found you a very nice guy.

There are a lot of Scientologists. Just on the numbers alone there are bound to be some dimwits, some incompetents, some morons and some destructive characters. Based on my experience there certainly are, but also based on my experience there are fewer such individuals in Scientology than in any comparable group.

But if you based an understanding of a group purely on the experiences, activity & behaviour of that tiny minority you will certainly get a skewed understanding. When those individuals then "you-tube" these experiences onto the net and then claim that these experiences are representative of all of Scientology, you most definitely get a skewed view.

The only Scientology I have experienced are in Dublin, London and Saint Hill. That is in over 25 years. In that time I have never seen any evidence of the "you-tube" "evidence". I am not claiming that no such discreditable events ever occured, but if a person has been in Scientology for such a long time and has never seen it then the frequency of such events must be very small. That is not to justify them or make any excuses for them. Overts are overts. Destructive behaviour is destructive behaviour.

Rinder & Rathburn were demoted for non-performance and gross incompetence. They then chose to leave the Sea Org. That is their choice. You then have the phenomena of blaming others for their choice, and have now made a lucrative career out of it. You see this in footballers leaving one team and joining another, they moan about the team they have left and how......... You get my drift.

As to your specific "stance":
    The financial pressure of getting up the Bridge is real and not imaginary. But the costs to the organisation and staff of providing the Bridge is enormous. I have been a volunteer director of the Mission for nearly 20 years and accordingly have to inspect the accounts before they are filed with the State, so I have direct, first-hand experience (not third-hand via the net) of the costs. Indeed all of the external Accountants we have used have remarked on how the Mission operates and all have stated that we are not possibly a business in any way, shape or form. All had the contrary view prior to doing our accounts.

The claim that the Church's creed & culture are completely at odds is puzzling. I would like to see specifics. There is no doubt that violation of the tech takes place, but just because some Christian steals a coat does not mean that the Christian Church is in violation of its creed.

Testimonials are what they are - the claimed experience of an individual. There are quite a lot of testimonials to the contrary, indeed far, far more. For example it is not permissible to have children in the Sea Org. So if a female SO member becomes pregnant she must leave the SO. That is the policy. The Church does not have a policy on abortion (although I, and most Scientologists I know, are opposed to it) one way or the other. So an SO member cannot be disciplined for having an abortion if they chose to do so.

You claim that "fair game" is in "obvious" use. Again, and correct me if I am wrong, your experience of Scientology is largely confined to Dublin Mission. Has the evil behaviour that you described been common in Dublin Mission? Or has it even happened at all? In short do you have direct experience of what you are stating? Or do you simply believe the selective allegations of people you don't know?

Again in my experience "fair game", as you say, is simply not in use. Now perhaps it is in use by a tiny percentage of out-ethics Scientologists, somewhere, I simply do not know and it is not in my experience.

If Scientology violates human rights it deserves everything it has coming to it. But what human rights is it violating? Whereas on the other hand my human rights are violated every day by anti-Scientologists who hack my personal e-mails and distribute them across the net. These characters have actually attacked and character assassinated personal friends of mine (who are not Scientologists) for the "crime" of being a friend of a Scientologist! That is a specific for which I have evidence (passed on to the Gardai) not a generality.

I agree that Scientology is its own worst enemy. We are all human beings, flawed, prone to error and we cause our own problems. But that is life. On the other hand we want to create a better world. Meanwhile the naysayers shout sectarian abuse, throw tennis balls at the windows of the Mission where auditing sessions were taking place, and harass Scientologists following them down the street taking photographs and filming. You will forgive me if I take the claims of these clowns with a pinch of salt.

I simply do not understand what you mean by the "don't ask, don't look, don't say culture". Where is this culture? If I want to know something I ask. If I want to look, I look. If I want to say, I say. And most Scientologists I know are pretty much similar. I am not a sheep and nor are the Scientologists I know, and the continual perpetuation of that myth is intellectually subnormal.

For all our many faults Scientolgists genuinely want to change the world, on a personal and community basis. Whilst being under no illusion as to the difficulty this poses, I believe that progress is being made, although slowly. But no progress will be made in an unorganised manner, and therefore a group is necessary, and adherence to any group entails some adherence to what other people want as well as you own personal desires.

I wish you the very best for the future. We all must chose our path in life, wherever that may take us. I hope your decision is right for you.

The door is never closed completely.

Regards,

GR
    • Like Like x 8
  31. pedrofcuk Member

I love how he describes fellow clams as morons, dimwits, incompetents and destructive characters and goes on to say that in 25 years he never saw any evidence of wrong-doing. So what were the dimwits, morons, incompetents and destructive characters actually doing for him to label them like that?

Double-think in full flow.
    • Like Like x 3
  32. TinyDancer Member

Congratulations, Martin Duggan. (A Martin Duggan made me my first mix tape, when I was about 8 years old. :) )

<3
  33. Anonymous Member

34. AnonLover Member

Indeed - but i also detect a significant shift in handling tactic in that response never documented before.

any chance you could get me a verification screengrab of that actual email (and redact out personal addy's and anything else too sensitive for the public domain)? I might likely have a good use for it (eventually) if proof of the same sort of handling pops up again elsewhere to indicate a trend.
    • Like Like x 2
  35. Anonymous Member

as long as you have cash or a credit card
  36. AnonyVix Member

I agree it's double-thinkand an interesting shift, is this one person's personal and misguided convictions or the result of a policy change from on high.

If he's seen accounts he probably sees only the coal face accounts which include many costs designed to obsfcate the path the money takes in to David Miscavige's coffers.even a forensic accountant would have difficulty, to a lay-person it would just look like the money was used up legitimately.

Who is GR and where are his emails?
    • Like Like x 1
  37. pedrofcuk Member

Gerard Ryan is the DSA for Ireland (Director of Special Affairs) in other words, OSA.
  38. Anonymous Member

Hopefully he's next in line to blow. (an anon can dream can't she?)
  39. pedrofcuk Member

One by one they shall come to us.
    • Like Like x 1
  40. Anonymous Member