Customize

Another Sony Network Down

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Anonymous, May 2, 2011.

1. Anonymous Member

2. Nick_Nolte Member

3. Anonymous Member

Bastards deserved it, not putting Metal gear solid 3 on Xbox?

Son of a bitch.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Anonymous Member

That's Konami. Sony doesn't do the publishing.
    • Like Like x 2
  5. kittypark Member

plus wasnt it to big for xbox to handle
  6. The Wrong Guy Member

Sony attacked again, 12,700 non-US CC numbers feared stolen

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/...ain-12700-non-us-cc-numbers-feared-stolen.ars

Here's what Sony has announced so far:

"Our ongoing investigation of illegal intrusions into Sony Online Entertainment systems has discovered that hackers may have obtained personal customer information from SOE systems. We are today advising you that the personal information you provided us in connection with your SOE account may have been stolen in a cyber-attack. Stolen information includes, to the extent you provided it to us, the following: name, address (city, state, zip, country), email address, gender, birthdate, phone number, login name and hashed password."
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Herro Member

Somewhere in Redmond, bill gates is masturbating furiously.
    • Like Like x 7
  8. And Steve Jobs is quietly plotting to take over the world with his merry band of lemmings.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Loki's spawn Member

lemmings1.jpg
    • Like Like x 8
  10. Linus Torvalds ftw!
  11. fallingspider Member

all the pages discussing stolen information are blocked where I am atm. Did they hack the station acounts or was this still specific to the ps3 network? I've seen reports that the hack may have affected everquest 2 acounts, but I can't verify due to big brother blocking everything.
  12. Had it not been for the real harm caused to people whose data was breached by Sony's ineptitude, I would be celebrating right now. Fuckers deserve far worse than what they're getting.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 5
  14. Steve Csorbay Member

we are anon, we swallow are fathers cum, and becum cyber faggots....i hope sony rapes you all in court
  15. Anonymous Member

Hey the first part rhymed!
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Anonymous Member

saw on cnn that 57 of us were arested and are facing up to 40 years in prison for the credit card theft
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Anonymous Member

We're not the Anonymous you are looking for.
    • Like Like x 6
  18. Anonymous Member

not saying you were but my friends house was one of the ones the fbi raided and my friend called me yesterday from his cell...

he told me he used the proxy when he ddos'd and everything his ip was untracaible. but they still found him
    • Like Like x 2
  19. Anonymous Member

Limerick fail.
  20. FORaTRUTHS Member

lol he typed in bold

soooooooooo scary
  21. FORaTRUTHS Member

cant believe you have such a lack of a life you'd make a account here just to fail at trolling
  22. The Wrong Guy Member

23. Anonymous Member

Nothing is untraceable when you piss off the right people.
    • Like Like x 2
  24. BrakTalk Member

I am a troll. I am 12 years old and educated only by my PS3, as evidenced by my obvious inferior intelligence and lack of education. I don't even know my own language. Maybe if I accuse people of being gay and having sex with their fathers, they won't suspect that I am describing myself. Maybe if I type in big bold letters, people will think I'm a badass.
    • Like Like x 6
  25. Anonymous Member

If he used a proxy he would have ended up just ddosing the proxy not Sony.
    • Like Like x 6
  26. Anonymous Member

That there is one bad-assed haiku, almost... (Lord, just one well-placed lightning bolt...)
    • Like Like x 1
  27. Anonymous Member

FIFY in a pirate style jig. It's all the steroids we get from big pharma, makes us do bad things.

• Like Like x 5
  28. Anonymous Member

Do you think you'll get some of that reward money for turning your friend in to Sony?
    • Like Like x 1
  29. BrakTalk Member

No, but I think he'd get a good old fashioned ass kicking from his friend for trying.
    • Like Like x 1
  30. pepetacos Member

i am a retard, who sits behind the computer and bitchs and nags all day thinking my retarded ego will be useful and hopefully psn is up again so i can continue to play an epic game and fail a game called life....and who cant even make friends on the internet
    i am steve csorbay the most retarded child you ever heard of
    -that is what you meant
  31. Chrome596 Member

Ok guys been staying out of this whole anon vs sony network crap becuase i know its not the side of anon i care about that did it even if any part of anon did it at all. I own a ps3 and yes i am upset with the network being down mostly becuase it was the easiest way to watch firefly on my big screen through netflix. My kids are pissed becuase they can't play their games, but thats another story.
    My thing is they hackers that did take it down(if thats what happened) stole credit card information. Seriously thats screwed up on the hacker's part but how the hell does sony get away with having the information so easy to get. thankfully i never put my cc information into their system, only ever bought my kids those stupid cards, but the WTF!
    • Like Like x 2
  32. Anonymous Member

Okay, you're a sane, rational and intelligent consumer and realize that the overall condition of the digital medium/internet is brittle, fragile and vulnerable; ergo, no place for credit card numbers.

Others also realize the condition of the medium and will exploit that brittle, fragile vulnerability at any opportunity. Why? Because millions of people are extremely gullible and can so easily have their stupidity exploited. cf, HBGary Federal.

Surely you've heard of viruses, trojans, botnets phishing and so forth. This kind of mischief and mayhem has been taking place since the beginning of the digital age/internet. And it didn't start with the World Wide Web.

John von Neumann postulated the situation quite clearly with his published "Theory Of Self-Reproducing Automata" - 1966.

http://cba.mit.edu/events/03.11.ASE/docs/VonNeumann.pdf

Until the medium obtains a state of optimum robustness, all this kind of shenanigans is not going to go away.

Unless mission critical activity is removed from the internet, the mayhem, chaos and data catastrophes will continue. What is to come will make this silly Sony situation look like a smash-and-grab operation.
    • Like Like x 2
  33. BrakTalk Member

Except that all credit card transactions used under any medium (at a cash register, ATM, etc) must be sent via the internet for approval, and the resulting transaction currency sent again via the internet from one bank to another. Therefore, you're saying that credit cards have no place in the world period.
    • Like Like x 2
  34. Anonymous Member

I wouldn't go that far, although I'm not a user of Credit Cards. Nor do I do any "on-line banking."

I would speculate here that telematics involving Debit/Credit Cards at point of sale transactions is by HTTPS: or something similar, in terms of at least attempting some kind of (capital "S") Security.
  35. BrakTalk Member

Of course. I believe that's required by law. But it doesn't guarantee security. Encryption can be broken. Also, all the banking info is stored in online databases. It's good that you don't use credit cards or do online banking, it makes you safer (and credit cards are trouble anyway), but banks are still storing your banking info in the same databases. If your bank gets hacked, watch out! Nothing is unhackable or uncrackable. No computer, no server, nothing that's connected to the internet is "secure". Security only slows down the malicious, but will never stop them.
    • Like Like x 1
  36. Anonymous Member

You've stated the key issue: any "lock" can be picked. Any encryption can be de-crypted. With the state-of-the-art of the medium, "Digital security" is an illusion and a delusion.
    Precisely!
    • Like Like x 1
  37. Anonymous Member

So, he's sitting in a jail cell, in possession of a cell phone, and calls you to admit his guilt. You're friend is an idiot, a liar, or both.
    • Like Like x 2
  38. Anonymous Member

I meant YOUR friend. lol
  39. zudok Member

X stolen does not = information that may have been obtained. Which is it? End thread now. Sony is faggotz. All flip flopping on facts. Scifags must be in there getting people who take csIII to make it look like we did their 9/11 hahah. Dont rule that one out.
    • Like Like x 1
  40. dvybeyond Member

I received this today (their newsletter):
    if you wanna read the whole report
    http://www.thehackernews.com/2011/0...(The Hackers News - Daily Cyber News Updates)

btw
    very nice guys...
    • Like Like x 1