Customize

Another Sony Network Down

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Anonymous, May 2, 2011.

1. The Wrong Guy Member

Hackers Say They Hit Sony Network Again

The group of hackers calling itself "Lulz Security" said Monday it had again breached the computer network of a Sony Corp. unit.

The group said it successfully hit Sony for a fifth time, posting network plans and code allegedly from the company's developer network and music entertainment groups.

Sony did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

The files, some of which are dated from more than two years ago, were posted to the group's website and made available for download.

The posting of the files marks the latest in a string of embarrassments for the Japanese electronics giant, which has become a hacker's target since it sued software wizard George Hotz for publishing a program that allowed customers to alter their PlayStation 3 video game consoles.

Lulz Security has also claimed responsibility for attacks on public broadcaster PBS and an affiliate of the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

In recent months, Sony has been hit by other hackers, too. In April, the company's video game network was struck with denial-of-service attacks orchestrated by a loose group of internet vigilantes called "Anonymous" who were protesting the lawsuit against Hotz.

Later, Sony suffered a sophisticated attack that compromised the names, addresses and other personal information of more than 100 million users of its PlayStation Network and Sony Online Entertainment video game networks.

Source: http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/news/world/hackers-say-they-hit-sony-network-again-ncx-06062011
  2. Paroxetine Samurai Moderator

Boy... talk about giving somebody an extra kick in the balls when they are down...
  3. SwordofTruth Member

4. Herro Member

Sometimes I really really really wish I could physically bitch slap people through the internet. That's one of the dumbest things I've read in awhile.
  5. SwordofTruth Member

It's true though how many of the PSN players do you think would have traded 2 weeks downtime and in return keep their rights of ownership of the product they paid for, not many I would guess, 90% of them still think Anonymous fucked up the PSN ....
  6. sh4d0w_w4lk3r Member

All to true,learned that the hard way.
  7. Herro Member

Well shouldn't that be their choice to make?
  8. SwordofTruth Member

sure and I will standby and smile on when they lose those rights and they finally work it out and are pissed off.
  9. Herro Member

Have you ever thought that maybe they've already worked it out and they're OK with it?
  10. i think sony has learnt from its mistakes and probably hired some great computer security technicians to fix the problem.
  11. SwordofTruth Member

I think you give them too much credit
  12. Herro Member

Still missing the point. Why is it someone else's decision to make? Why does someone else get to decide that they have to give up a service they paid for for several weeks in order to protect ownership rights (which by the way don't actually exist if you read the TOS you're bound to follow by using the product)? You want to talk about selfishness? That's selfish. "Fuck what those people actually want, I know better than them." Fuck that and fuck anyone who thinks that.
  13. Ann O'Nymous Member

Wow. Another armchair tough guy.

(It seems that "armchair expert" is derogatory. I hope this is not the case with "armchair tough guy").
  14. Anonymous Member

probably the ones who hacked the site lol
  15. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 1
  16. kittypark Member

In thought thats was funny. also shitty. I had to click agree to play online. I guess they have to do something to save money, even though they will shut down their movie productions next year
  17. The Wrong Guy Member

Quoted from http://www.fbi.gov/losangeles/press...1-intrusion-of-sony-pictures-computer-systems

18. iraniam Member

The FBI on Thursday arrested a suspected member of the hacker group LulzSec in connection with a cyberattack earlier this year against the computer systems of Sony Pictures.
    Cody Kretsinger, 23, of Phoenix, Ariz., was arrested and charged with helping LulzSec attack Sony's servers between May 27 and June 2. The group's hack compromised the personal data belonging to one million Sony customers, which the group then posted online.
    Also on Thursday, the FBI arrested an alleged member of the hacker group Anonymous, according to an FBI source, though details of the charges were not immediately clear.
    The arrests were the latest in an ongoing effort by authorities to crack down on the hacker groups who have exposed widespread security lapses in government and corporate computer systems. In July, authorities arrested 14 suspected members of Anonymous for allegedly bringing down PayPal's website over four days in retaliation for the company suspending payments to the whistle-blower site WikiLeaks.
    In June, British authorities arrested Ryan Cleary, 19, for his suspected involvement in a cyberattack by LulzSec on the CIA website. He was charged with building a botnet, or a network of remotely-controlled computers to overwhelm websites with traffic.
    Authorities say Kretsinger, also known by the online nickname “recursion,” is believed to be a current or former member of LulzSec, which has also taken credit for hacking the website of PBS. He has been charged with conspiracy and the unauthorized impairment of a protected computer, the FBI said.
    To carry out the attack, Kretsinger allegedly used a proxy server to disguise his computer's IP address, then obtained confidential information from Sony's network using an SQL injection -- a technique used by hackers to exploit vulnerabilities and steal information, according to the FBI. The indictment also alleges that, in order to avoid detection by law enforcement, Kretsinger erased the hard drive of the computer he used to conduct the attack.
    Kretsinger was scheduled to appear Thursday before a federal magistrate in the U.S. District Court in Phoenix. If convicted, he faces a maximum sentence of 15 years in prison.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/09/22/fbi-arrests-lulzsec-sony-hack_n_976527.html
  19. Anonymous Member

ITT the FBI finds widespread security lapses.
  20. Anonymous Member

Herro, can you make up your mind if you're going to be a lovable super-troll or a serious critic? You need some consistency, girl.
  21. Anonymous Member

Sony doesn't do their own security for that, it's outsourced. Last I heard some prominent gray/whitehat hacker was hired to head it up. After the hack, of course.
  22. The Wrong Guy Member

Source: http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/10/12/sony-hacking-idUST9E7KM01W20111012
  23. Anonymous Member

24. The Wrong Guy Member

Source: http://www.scmagazineus.com/accused-lulzsec-hacker-pleads-innocent-to-sony-attack/article/214697/
    • Like Like x 1
  25. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 1
  26. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 1
  27. White Tara Global Moderator

http://www.news.com.au/technology/o...ystation-network/story-fnjwnj25-1227035849704

Snip;
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  28. Shadowprophet Member

Whatever became of lizardsquad? I feel that most of what lizardsquad did is harmless. but the isis support they show even if for reasons of trolling.. they need have their lunchables taken away and put into time out..