Customize

anti-anonymous signs in store windows

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by evolvinganon, May 10, 2008.

1. evolvinganon Member

anti-anonymous signs in store windows

Here in the Corporate Cult's Clearwater base we have a lot of businesses that are owned by the Corporate Cult. Some of these businesses have signs in their windows that say "We have chosen not to serve anyone from Anonymous" or, in one case, the word "Anonymous" in a circle, crossed out with the "no"/"anti" symbol.

My question for anyone with legal info is - well is that not illegal?? I can't think of a scenario in which any other group of people could be categorically singled out and denied services at businesses with such blatant discrimination.

It made me think of the way Jews were treated in WWII - similar thing with signs on windows.
  2. wil Member

Re: anti-anonymous signs in store windows

It's probably they could get away with it meaning that you have to take off your mask to go inside.

Its like where places say you gotta wear shoes and a shirt to go inside. Well they say no masks allowed.

Thats what im guessing anyways
  3. Anon123456 Member

thats fucking hilarious. next time get a pic! lulz
  4. QAnon Member

No need to Godwin's this one. This is the southern United States we're talking about. The memories and wounds of racial segregation are still fresh. Clearwater Anons need to tap into their Inner Chan for a brief second and confront these business owners with the N Word. This should work pretty well considering how most southerners under the age of, oh, 50 or so are quite sensitive on this topic.
  5. Anonvox Member

No.

Unfortunatly this seems to be a case of "We withold the right to refuse service."

And think about this for a moment. Why would you want to give money to the Scilons?
  6. Danilov Member

If they wanna ban you guys from their stores... so be it... all that means is less business for them
  7. LolitaTrap Member

Thread over. Done.
  8. Re: anti-anonymous signs in store windows

Scn doctrine:

We reserve the right to serve refuse to anyone.
  9. SamJac55 Member

Regardless if they will say "we won't serve people wearing masks" when questioned about it. If the signs just show pictures and don't use the words "We won't serve people in masks" then it is definetly discriminetory. The scarey part is like the earlier poster mentioned about Jews in WW2. Just like the boycotting of Starbucks by scilons in Clearwater this shows how willing Co$ is to leverage everything they can. Just imagine if 90% of the world was "Cleared". I'm sure the rest wouldn't stand a chance.
  10. googoomuck Member

While they do have the right to refuse service, it sounds like the Scilons in Clearwater have been intimidating people into posting the signs (threatening boycott if the business doesn't post the sign).

If the business is a franchise, I think you should contact corporate and let them know that they're sending an anti-free-speech message, not to mention possibly illegally discriminating against a member of a protected group.
  11. DarkSim Member

pix or it didn't happen!
  12. Re: anti-anonymous signs in store windows

efb but yeah
  13. Major Boyle Member

Sorry, but they're businesses of public accomodation, meaning if they refuse to sell to people based on their political beliefs, they run afoul of federal and/or state anti-discrimination laws. I smell major win here. See if you can find a Fl based lawyer who would be willing to take on a case, then walk into a Starbucks or other business and get them to refuse you service, then sue their asses off.
  14. Piranon Member

15. XenuLovesU Member

"Anonymous" isn't a group protected by anti-discrimination laws (based on race... etc). I don't know the law in FL specifically... is there some statute that makes this illegal? I don't want your "opinion" -- cite the statute if it exists. The "we reserve the right to refuse service to anyone" schtick (where it isn't contrary to other law) has been upheld in various other locales.

They don't want us? Cool. We don't want to line their pockets either. However, if it is illegal to discriminate in this way... march right on in (video camera rolling) and demand service. I can haz Rosa Parks?

For that matter -- document and publish which of these businesses in Clearwater are clearly under Scilon control or influence. There are likely to be a good number of Clearwater residents who would like to avoid them in return. Turn this policy of discrimination around on them.

It's also definitely worth exploring the "were you coerced into putting this sign up?" angle.

Just for lulz and ironic commentary, slap a "WHITES ONLY" sign under their "NO ANONYMOUS" one and snap a pic (capturing their business name).
  16. Major Boyle Member

Replace "Anonymous Members" with "Body Thetans".
  17. Se7en Member

Personally i think it's good that the businesses are putting up those signs.

Now now don't start flaming me..
    just listen/read on for a second.

The business with the signs are either owns by Scilons, or are under the control of Scilons.
    That would mean, quite obviously, that a store/business that doesn't display such messages are either un-informed, or a 'Silent' Supporter.

Now ask yourself..
    Where do you want to spend your hard earned coin when the cheque from the Psychologists clears??

As for the legality of such signs..
    It's a questionable motive..
    but unfortunately, the stores do have a limited legal right to refuse service to anyone wearing a mask.
    Simply because if you walked into a store with a mask on, regardless of your intentions.. They can still think you're going to rob the place.

TL/DR
    ~ Support the Businesses that don't have signs.
  18. Re: anti-anonymous signs in store windows

How in the hell would they know? They act like we wear the mask 24/7. That'll just make people ask questions.

(From a gentlemen who cannot post due to Scilon observation) Anonymous: They're doing our own advertising.
  19. Legione Member

Lets get some flash raids there. Two or three anons in masks, walk in, and just order stuff if its a restaurant. Document it, i want to see what happens.
  20. the anti Member

bottom of pic, here in LA

protest_0058.jpg.png
  21. an_anonymous Member

I heard that place has battletoads
  22. Re: anti-anonymous signs in store windows

Prank Dialer, anyone?
  23. Marc Abian Member

And vice versa. These stores might have been "covertly threatened" to not serve or face a lose of business, like that Starbucks.
  24. Jeff Jacobsen Member

Daniela's Kitchen, which was across Ft. Harrison Avenue from the LMT, told WBM and me that we were no longer welcome there because we worked at the LMT. We filed a complaint with the human rights commission of Pinellas County. The county, after weeks and weeks, concluded that we were not one of the protected groups, which are race, religion, sex, and I think something else. We were discriminated against because of our activism against a so-called religion. Therefore, Daniela's Kitchen could not be charged with discimination.

I still feel this is wrong. We were denied service because we didn't believe like Scientology wanted us to believe.
  25. XenuLovesU Member

Just as an aside:

In SF, I've had business owners (adjacent to the CoS) come up and THANK us for being out there.

Sorry y'all have to deal with entrenched Scilons.
  26. anyjane Member

Blah- srs bizns.

Jeff, did you and WBM go in with signs or other picketing material? That could easily fall under the "refuse right to serve" blah blah blah. But if you went in plain dressed, no signage it's a harder case.
  27. eksef Member

FIRST - contact each store owner and ask WHY Anonymous is not welcome. Then go from there.
  28. Consensus Member

any way we could have an active campaign to sneak signs saying 'jews not welcome' and 'no negroes' into the windows of any store displaying the 'no anonymous' signs? Or would that be too big a potential foot-bullet for us?

In truth, I consider this a non-issue. Any company has the right to deny service to any individual. They don't want us? Fuck 'em. they're obviously on the wrong side, then.
  29. eksef Member

Sneaking idea = MAJOR footbullet. Do not want

I agree this isn't a big deal, BUT it would not hurt to ask them why anon is not welcome. Talking could go a long way.
  30. Hieronymous Member

Fuck em

If you want to try and talk to them fine, but do it on off days and don't be an ass and prank call them, that would only confirm their beliefs
  31. Re: anti-anonymous signs in store windows

While I don't agree with the signs discriminating against people based on their beliefs, it is an easy way to make sure you don't accidentally fund the cult when you buy lunch.
  32. an_anonymous Member

I doubt the church owns a sushi restaurant
  33. Anon Hill Member

wow. who would have thought it? Such tactics still alive today. Some folks just don't learn.

If that happened here I think I would spend my time off and evenings making sure to hang out nearby. I'd be passing out leaflets as to how these businesses are discriminating against a group that they can't give justification as to barring service to. Put together a list of them and then pass them out saying how that they are keeping alive the practices of the past- of ignorance and intolerance. ((Yes, PR them))

I'm sorry to those who are having to deal with this in your cities. :flowers:
  34. anon321321 Member

No, but members of the cult do, and they simply pass their profits on to the cult for auditing.
  35. Anonymeep Member

Before you do anything, first find out if a business is owned by Sci members, or if it has been coerced into the boycott. A small business might not have much of a choice between putting up the sign or going bust because the majority of their customers are Sci's.
  36. Eff Member

Barking up the wrong tree IMHO. We gain so little from going after these businesses over their "refuse the right to serve you" notice. You have neither a constitutional nor God-given right to be served at a particular restaurant. Winning this fight means that we get to eat where we're not wanted. So? Losing this fight means that we look like a bunch of people who will demand anything so long as it goes against CoS, even if it is an unreasonable demand.
  37. Re: anti-anonymous signs in store windows

Still working on this one but google turns up this...

Possible Owners/Officers/Agents
    ANDREW KIM

Associated Businesses
    * GRANADA HILLS JEI LEARNING CENTER
    * KASA PROPERTY MANAGEMENT
    * LOVE MAKI & SUSHI
  38. Anon Hill Member

You sir, are correct. My bad.

AH, moralfag who hates injustice.
  39. anon_david Member

Some of those businesses might not actually be hostile to Anonymous (or our cause) but just asking us to stay the fuck out because they just can't handle the repercussions that Co$ would mete out. I wouldn't go after them.

Although I think calling the owners to ask why is a good idea. Record their responses and contact the media if they say something particularly egregious. Maybe we can get a story published about the town that lives in terror of a cult?
  40. Re: anti-anonymous signs in store windows

Somebody wanna go around and write down all the business' that did this and post it here? Those signs will come down, but I'd like a list of business' that I won't spend my money at. I don't want to accidentally walk into a store that doesn't want me, or supports $cientology as it exists and spend my money that will now help prop up $cientology.

If someone could do that, that would be great! Thanks $cientology for providing us with a tool to identify supporters! We need more ways to reduce your cash flow. :fuckyou: