Customize

Anti-Molestation Should it get its own Thread area?

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by Neonano, Oct 31, 2013.

1. Neonano Member

Anti-molestation
    Ok I Generally know this web site but douse anyone else think we should have an Anti- Molestation Thread area as well. Like I think that yes molestation is almost the same thing as rape, but at the same time it’s not. The children who get molestated are completely sober while people who are getting raped are ether drugged or knocked out, these children know what’s happening and it scars them for life. Now think about the rest or the kids’ life. They will most likely have low confidence and trust in people and have depression issues. So? Who’s with me for this Anti-Molestation Tread area?
  2. I suppose it's a question that the mods can look at.
    Or others who use this forum can help with.
    Seeing I am posting in this sub forum, a mod should be along very shortly.
  3. FloGold Moderator

Its something worth following through on.

Now its up to the Op to come up with a plan of attack, do some research and set everything up to the point where everyone else who feels like helping can jump right in the fray quickly and start helping with as little to no pain as possible..
  4. FloGold Moderator

And look how right you were bro. :3
  5. Paroxetine Samurai Moderator

..and do what exactly? Say you have a rock solid good idea? That you are absolutely correct?

Hint: You are correct and what you said is a rock solid good idea.

Sorry, I'm not seeing a way anything bad for you can come out of your post...

I have talked to the OP in PM and told him to get in touch with Sue. Maybe I was wrong to do that, but I am sure Sue could give pointers or find a way to test the waters.
  6. No.
    and No.

This is a very unhealthy environment, emotionally and for vulnerable people.
    Vulnerable people need professional help.

If this is a subject that is of importance to the OP, I would prefer a locked thread be made with social services and reliable and understandable information.
    Like this - http://helpguide.org/mental/domestic_violence_abuse_types_signs_causes_effects.htm

I don't think that the rape threads or innocence or iran should be here, for that matter.
    Or at the very least, it is weird and hypocritical for a mod to preach about sexual exploitation and then go and look at crotch shots in the dome. Vinegar and water.
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. Paroxetine Samurai Moderator

While you do make a valid point about the whole environment this would be in and the people seeking help, I do question if this idea of having it's own section will ever come to fruition.

So far though, there is a thread already in place in NR for Rape help resources. Located here: https://whyweprotest.net/community/threads/rape-victim-help-and-resources.110478/

I think though a sticky thread would be more in line with your idea. Whether it gets it's own area or not remains to be seen...

That is your opinion and to respond:

So far both the NR and Innocence areas are doing ok as far as activity. It has peaks and crescendos of activity, but so far no major issues and no complaints from victims that has been made aware of by any of the admin/mod staff.

Iran still has a section?

However, if a person is in situations like rape or molestation, the best help cannot be found on line for immediate action.

You lost me there...
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Anonymous Member

You could change the "No rape" sub-forum title to "No Sexual Assault", which would cover molestation, incest, and everything else, including rape.
  9. FloGold Moderator

If you read the op neonano is referring to child molestation. It is something we could look into here. Like i said its up to the op to set everything up and see if his idea takes off.
  10. Anonymous Member

Yeah, I read the OP. It was just a suggestion. :)
  11. My post just stated the obvious.
    You know how it, an idea is discussed, run with our not.
    No harm in running it past sue.
    But my own opinion is I think nowai is right.
  12. FloGold Moderator

Sooner or later someone is bound to come up with a solution that works out well for all the parties involved.

Lets just keep letting all the ideas flow and when the thread op gets a chance to check this thread maybe he can come up with something great.
  13. Anonymous Member

This would require a definition of rape of a child vrs sexual molestation of a child, and then maybe "mild" vrs "severe" We done that right?
  14. tinfoilhatter Member

That's a very hard question. It really comes down to what the laws are. For example, the sodomy laws were mostly used on child molesters back in the day to add extra years to their sentences. Not sure if those laws are still on the books or not. In the UCMJ, there is something called carnal knowledge that is a blanket term used in these instances(from what i understand, i have never seen anyone sentenced with it however).

SO, to vaguely answer everyone's questions, you would have to dig into the local laws to see which laws were broken. Some places have more laws governing this sort of thing then others.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_abuse
    Sexual abuse, also referred to as molestation, is forcing undesired sexual behavior by one person upon another. When that force is immediate, of short duration, or infrequent, it is called sexual assault. The offender is referred to as a sexual abuser or (often pejoratively) molester.[1] The term also covers any behavior by any adult towards a child to stimulate either the adult or child sexually. When the victim is younger than the age of consent, it is referred to as child sexual abuse.

Based on what wikipedia says, Doing general "pervert stuff" would count as molestation. I do NOT want to go into detail on what those would be. this is a very difficult subject, and it needs a good lawyer to clarify.

DO NOT ASK SCOTT OGLE, while he may be a lawyer, based on his "contributions" here, he is only good for general trolling. If OP is overseas, then he would be best to look at legal resources in his area. This would be a great start to a legal career.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. FloGold Moderator

Well...
    We cam kinda consolidate info from all over the globe into this thread.
    All we have to do is wait for the Op to return and see where he want to go with this.
    • Like Like x 1