Customize

AP Reports 2nd "Expert" to be flown in for autopsy

Discussion in 'Jett Travolta' started by Badiedum, Jan 3, 2009.

1. Badiedum Member

2. TheBitch Member

AP Reports 2nd "Expert" to be flown in for autopsy

Bahamas using 2 experts for Travolta son autopsy

By CHRIS GILLETTE
    Associated Press Writer
    FREEPORT, Bahamas

(snip)

A U.S.-certified clinical and forensic pathologist from Nassau will fly into Grand Bahama on Monday to help perform the autopsy, Minnis said. A possible cause of death likely will be known by the end of the day, he said.

The Bahamas is a haven for celebrities and Minnis himself was an obstetrician for Anna Nicole Smith, the former Playboy playmate who died from an accidental drug overdose and is buried in the Bahamas alongside her son.

John Travolta is trying to finish funeral arrangements and hopes to fly his son's body to Florida by midweek, said Michael McDermott, the actor's corporate and commercial attorney.

Travolta, 54, and his wife, actress Kelly Preston, 46, have a house in Ocala, Florida.

"It's heart-wrenching," McDermott said. "If you knew how much he loved that boy ... It was almost palpable. It was that strong."

(snip - moar at article)

------------

The vultures (UNNAMED) gather for the "autopsy." Amazing how the same names keep turning up every time a child of a celebrity dies in the Bahamas. Do you think perhaps they advertise in rich people magazines? "Autistic child getting you down? Need a Final Solution? Vacation in Grand Bahama!"
  3. SpasticGum Member

Re: AP Reports 2nd "Expert" to be flown in for autopsy

Bump
  4. SpasticGum Member

Re: 2 experts for Travolta son autopsy

Yeah, it did, about the same time as you.
    Could it be merged? I asked the same question there as I am now.
  5. TheBitch Member

6. Badiedum Member

I wonder who exactly the second will be...

@Bitch, good stuff. I missed the hivemind!
  7. Hostile Member

hivemind

anyway, I suppose with two experts, the chances of getting the whole story has increased dramatically

the fact that travolta's going to the trouble of getting two pathologists shows something.
    he is either intent on having a solid understanding of what happened, or he is afraid that one may not be reliable.
  8. TheBitch Member

Third possibility. He knows what's going on; knows he could be criminally liable; and, has hired a ringer and paid lots of bribe money for him to come in and say "natural causes."
  9. leafs Member

Fourth possibility: He wants to get rid of any rumours to be able to grief without the rest of the world screaming.
  10. Badiedum Member

Well, my English isn't all that great, so I searched for obstetrician:

Some kind of gynaecologist, who will do an authopsy?

Obstetrics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As per Bitch's post:

11. TheBitch Member

Apparently one of the two people performing the autopsy will be a gynecologist, the way it appears to read to me. Either that or the spokesbeing for the article is a ob/gyn and there'll be a pathologist somewhere involved. My guess is that the last thing they want to employ in Grand Bahama anytime soon is a certified pathologist with a working relationship with the USA's FBI Crime Lab. Wouldn't want to cut into the vacation homicide business.
  12. muldrake Member

Travolta isn't doing this. It's the Bahamas. Using two doctors greatly decreases the likelihood that the cult can duke in a ringer of some kind to get a fake result. They probably want to deflect the tinfoil hat brigade which might form if they only used one doctor and the findings turned out questionable.

I think the Bahamas is either suspicious or just wants to make sure they don't get a black eye out of this somehow. Given this, I think whatever report comes out of the autopsy is probably going to be trustworthy.
  13. Badiedum Member

But why a gynaecologist, at the authopsy of a young male teen? I already read they can spreaden their medical wings, specializing in ... something.

But there will be a U.S.-certified clinical and forensic pathologist from Nassau.

I will read some more. Stupid English language. ;)
  14. SpasticGum Member

Gynaecologists check out girl's vagoos.
  15. DamOTclese Member

Could be the same Scientology "doctor" that Scientology delivered Lisa McPherson's dead body to to try to hide the murder.
  16. NotBobMinton Member

Dr. Hubert Minnis is the Minister of Health of the Bahamas. If you read the article carefully, nowhere does it say this obstetrician (Dr. Minnis) is doing the autopsy himself. (although he could be)

Dox:

http://www.bahamas.gov.bs/bahamaswe...3f640b4580c41a42852572d8005d13da!OpenDocument

17. Vir Member

This might signifiy that Bahamas remembers Lisa McPherson and knows how Scientology dodged criminal charges on that one, or just because the case is so high profile.
  18. RavenEyes Member

Or they don't want another Anna Nicole Smith/Daniel debacle on their hands...
  19. Oswald2001 Member

If they cremate the body without an autopsy done on US soil by a state chosen (NOT family/Cult chosen) professional...it will always be suspect.

Besides, can an autopsy conclusively determine if he were autistic?

This may be a case of...."No evidence. No crime."

Just like how they disposed of Jesus H. Hubbard.
  20. xenuluvsu Member

sadly, i was thinking this as well
  21. Oswald2001 Member

How willing to 'hush thing up' are the local authorities in order to protect their reputation among the monied elite and the overall tourist trade?

Money talks.

Besides, why would the local authorities want to get involved in a possible 'failure to provide proper medical care due to supposed religious beliefs' when the US had 16 years to pursue that and never did?

The locals could understandably see that as a strictly US problem.
  22. Re: AP Reports 2nd "Expert" to be flown in for autopsy

I'm really beginning to wonder why they've got an ob/gyn guy in there for the autopsy. Can we get any more information on who this is?
  23. catwoman30 Member

I admit that point has me baffled-well.....among about a million others in this whole situation.
  24. Hostile Member

I'm fairly sure that we don't have to worry about mr Hubert Minnis,
    The Nassau Guardian - www.thenassauguardian.com

nope, don't think he's a scientologist doctor.

mind you, I've always wondered how scientologist doctors can even get a liscence or go through med school anyway, so much of what hubbard has said conflicts with even the most basic things like cell theory
  25. catwoman30 Member

Does seem to be a 'conflict of interest' there......
  26. whoever Member

Did you see the post by NotBobMinton six posts above yours?
  27. Re: AP Reports 2nd "Expert" to be flown in for autopsy

OK, wait....I'm confused now. If I'm reading these posts correctly, one of the 2 authorized doctors to perform the autopsy is a OB-GYN????

It looks like there's a lot of controversy about this...check out the latest on TMZ:
    Conflict Over Travolta Death - TMZ.com

I hope they are both forensic pathologists. Ugh.
  28. Re: AP Reports 2nd "Expert" to be flown in for autopsy

Why no mention of the name of the second doctor? As long as the second doc isn't a clam I suppose the autopsy will be kosher....unless $$$
  29. Kilia Member

Nice clarification of Dr.Minnis's medical qualifications Thank you.
  30. whosit Member

Here's a nice little quote from the TMZ article. Hmmm sounds like the Bahama PD is not really over confident with the story they are being given by Travolta and Co.

31. Badiedum Member

Any info yet about who this second Doc is?
  32. Snake Member

At least it isn't a clam expert!
  33. Badiedum Member

Oh? Got info? If not, STFU attentionwhore.
  34. Re: AP Reports 2nd "Expert" to be flown in for autopsy

^ Coroners are from the Bahamas, they arent scifags, its far too high profile, the media are all over this like a rash. Its not like Scientology poisoned the kid, they dont need to perform a "cover up". The fallout would be a thousand times worse if they were found to have used scifag doctors than if the coroners said medication might have saved him
  35. TheBitch Member

36. Re: AP Reports 2nd "Expert" to be flown in for autopsy

yeh he is observing, but if he tries to intervene he will be removed. He wont actually be performing the autopsy, and will have literally zero input in the report
  37. nonnonanon Member

It'd be more fun for the media if it were an obvious clam. "Expert 1 stated... whilst Expert 2 disagreed. Expert 2 is listed on truthaboutscientology as..."

send_in_the_clams.JPG

Wonder what the MSM will make out of that?
    brb popcorn.
  38. Badiedum Member

From Bitch's article:

No name given. Plus they were expected?
  39. Snake Member

40. Optimisticate Member

Holy cow...

Ladies and gentlemen! In this thread, we have proven that adding 1+1 on WWP never equals 2!

To address certain items:

1. It's not up to the minister of health to give us names of doctors. We'll get the names on the death certificate or in press later today.

2. The minister of health is STILL NOT DOING THE AUTOPSY! He could be an ob/gyn/scilon and he still wouldn't be doing it.

3. "Are expected" meaning the press has been told 2 experts are being flown in. It's the same thing to say that "Anonymous is expected to picket soon".

4. A family representative at an autopsy can be preferable in many cases including ones that could potentially cause legal headaches.

Please, now can we please put the tin foil away and quit trying to read between the lines and maybe try to absorb information instead of picking at things and whittling away at misperceptions exactly the way scientology does?

Not understanding is one thing, but geez, this is just silly.