Customize

Applied Scholastics put on probation this school year (2010 - 2011)

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by OTBT, Nov 2, 2010.

1. OTBT Member

Applied Scholastics put on probation this school year (2010 - 2011)

This PDF file was created September 10, 2010, and recently posted online by
    the Indiana Department of Education.

Note the large amount of UNSATISFACTORY ratings, and lack of proper
    documentation supplied by Applied Scholastics. SP wogs are not impressed by
    Elron's magikal Study Tek.

Here is the key note from page 2 of this document:

Another key note from page 9 (bold was in original):

Note that Applied Scholastics FAILED to provide criminal background checks on
    their employees, which is one of the many reasons why Applied Scholastics was
    placed on probation, and runs the risk of removal from the approved provider
    list (SES list).

The first few pages are compressed and posted here for quick reference; better
    quality images are in the original 10 page PDF in the link:

http://mustang.doe.in.gov/dg/ses/do...nal_09-10_onsite_monitoring_report_9-9-10.pdf

[IMG]

[IMG]

appliedscholastics3.jpg

appliedscholastics4.jpg

appliedscholastics5.jpg
  2. Anonymous Member

Re: Applied Scholastics put on probation this school year (2010 - 2011)

You cannot lie to a background criminal check.
  3. hushpuppy Member

OTBT, I was planning to wrestle applied scholastics in the (under construction) newbie area tomorrow - the timing could not have been better!

Thanks a bunch OTBT <3
  4. OTBT Member

Happy to help out. This document is current info; I haven't seen it reported in other threads. Hopefully this will be useful for the people tracking Applied Scholastics (like RightOn, Belladonna and others).
  5. Anonymous Member

I miss Belladonna. :(
    • Like Like x 1
  6. hushpuppy Member

Me too :(
  7. Anonymous Member

Me too. Somebody that knows her tell her to come back!
  8. Anonymous Member

Last I heard, she was still lurking here. Why she stopped posting, I don't know.
  9. OTBT Member

10. If they're on probation for this academic year, and this academic year isn't over, wouldn't we need to allow more time? Just a thought. Reading the Indiana DOE website, it looks like they're basically taking AS/CoS's word on their effectiveness, or did at the time they approved them. Hopefully, the IDOE will see through this charade. If I were a parent, I certainly would not want to send a kid to a place where those who would have contact with my spawn did not have a criminal background check done. Granted, there are plenty of pedobears out there who have never been caught, but it never hurts to get rid of the low hanging fruit.
  11. subrosa Member

Sometimes Indiana gets it right!
  12. I would withhold judgment on that score until they give AS the b&hammer, but it looks like they're at least headed in the right direction.
  13. DeathHamster Member

Really?

It's not like it's a really deep background check as for a high level security clearance.

"You can't put too much water in a nuclear reactor."
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Anonymous Member

I may be missing something, but I don't see where it says ASS (Applied STOOPID Scholastics) is on probation in Indiana on the links provided. It looks like it is still on their approved list for the current school year. :*(
  15. OTBT Member

Page 2 of the PDF file posted in OP

appliedscholasticsproba.jpg

16. AnonLover Member

"non compliance rating on Criminal Background Checks" has such a lovely ring to it when it comes at the end of a list of lots-of-shi-done-WRONG.

lulz - that quote will make for good poon fodder in states where ASI still has a foot in the SES door.
  17. Anonymous Member

I didn't know where to post this. I thought I remembered seeing an Applied Scholastics info dump thread. But with the search the way it is, I couldn't find it. If you want to move this OTBT , please do!
    So.. looks like Applied Scholastics tutors are listing pn care.com now under nannys? and tutors

Experienced Full-Time Tutor/Nanny

Lashawn N. - Oak Park Tutor or Private Instructor

at the very bottom of her resume:
    Other Qualifications:
    I am a licensed tutor through Applied Scholastic and I own a tutoring company.
    http://www.care.com/tutor/lashawnn
  18. OTBT Member

• Like Like x 1
  19. Anonymous Member

20. AnonLover Member