Customize

Are Scientology and the Bible Compatible? By Philip R. Roberts

Discussion in 'Scientology and Anonymous' started by Anonymous, Jan 17, 2012.

1. Anonymous Member

Are Scientology and the Bible Compatible? By Philip R. Roberts
    http://kelvinho-kh.blogspot.com/2012/01/are-scientology-and-bible-compatible-by.html
    Scripture
    God
    Jesus Christ
    man
    salvation
    • Like Like x 6
  2. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 1
  3. Robatl Member

Not only is it not compatible with the Bible, it isn't compatible with even the most liberal denominations. It was, in fact, my very liberal Christian beliefs that helped me identify $cientology as just another funadamentalist-style group.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. AnonLover Member

• Like Like x 4
  5. moarxenu Member

Onward Christian faggots, marching as to war!

• Like Like x 3
  6. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 1
  7. AnonLover Member

• Like Like x 1
  8. Anonymous Member

The Bible teaches that when you Lie, you harm yourself most of all.
    Hubbard teaches that Lies are a form of Creation, and only the foolish are harmed.

Both praise the value of reciprocity.

Hubbard teaches that failure to reciprocate is a shameful Crime to be punished, and that it is most important to Receive. The Bible teaches that reciprocation is natural, and that it is most important to Give.

Christians who are greedy and contemptuous, are considered to have Failed.
    Scientologists who are greedy and contemptuous, are exalted at the top of the Tone Scale.

Scientology is a chameleon, and it can be made compatible with anything.
    • Like Like x 4
  9. JohnnyRUClear Member

• Like Like x 3
  10. Anonymous Member

11. xenubarb Member

Hell, it's not compatible with reality. That's a fact. I got no thetans on MY bathroom mirror! Just water streaks. (or is it....)
    • Like Like x 3
  12. Paladin Member

In the Garden of Eden, the serpent tells Eve that if she disobeys God she will gain wisdom, she would never die, and she would become like a god.

Today, Scientology tells people that if they obey LRH they will gain knowledge, learn that they will never die and have lived past lives, and that they will have god-like powers and abilities.
    • Like Like x 4
  13. Demented LRH Member

In his Dianetics book Hubbard wrote that Dianetics is compatable with all religions. Probably, he believed so. The problem with his belief is that he was a complete idiot.
    • Like Like x 5
  14. Anonymous Member

Says the one that demonstrates idiocy with such classics as hubbard suffered mild retardation
  15. Anonymous Member

Yes they are, since you can't tell shit from shit when you set it next to itself.
  16. BLiP Member

• Like Like x 2
  17. BlooAnon Member

Short answer: No.
    Long answer: Definitely no.
    • Like Like x 7
  18. Anonymous Member

Cancer is compatible with all religions too.
  19. Bruce D. Member

[qu
    If you are a Scientologist and processing past lives the idea of heaven and hell starts to make less and less sense. Up until past life processing Scientology and conventional religion do not clash. Not all past life experiences originate with Hubbard and what Hubbard teaches to auditors in training. Scientology students have their own story to tell according to what they feel to be true from their own recall process. It is interesting to note that most Scientologist are raised Christian but do not have religious experiences in the conventional sense when processing past lives so there is a tendency for conventional religion to just fall away.
    • Like Like x 1
  20. DeathHamster Member

http://www.xenu.net/archive/books/bfm/heaven.htm
    • Like Like x 4
  21. Bruce D. Member

That quote is taken out of context and has nothing to do with any kind of heaven you might want to go to. The recall process is not the same as memory and certainly open to ridicule for those who choose to do so.
    • Like Like x 1
  22. DeathHamster Member

Out of context? *rolls eyes*
    • Like Like x 2
  23. Bruce D. Member

I am not sure what your point is. It sounds like you are you trying to convince me that Ron Hubbard believes in a Christian or benevolent heaven? If that is not your point you will have to make your point clearer.
    • Like Like x 1
  24. Bruce D. Member

It should be obvious he is not talking about heaven in the conventional sense of the word.
    HUBBARD COMMUNICATIONS OFFICE
    Saint Hill Manor, East Grinstead, Sussex
    HCO BULLETIN OF MAY 11, AD13
    Central Orgs,
    Franchise
    ROUTINE 3
    HEAVENWell, I have been to Heaven.
    And I've found that Scientologists have been to Heaven.
    And that everybody has evidently been to Heaven.
    The Goals Problem Mass implants, which are the apparent basic source of aberration and human travail, which begin with the goal To Forget, were cynically done "in Heaven".
    For a long time, people have been cross with me for my lack of co-operation in believing in a Christian Heaven, God and Christ. I have never said I didn't disbelieve in a Big Thetan but there was certainly something very corny about Heaven et al. Now I have to apologize. There was a Heaven. Not too unlike, in cruel betrayal, the heaven of the Assassins in the 12th Century who, like everyone else, dramatized the whole track implants - if a bit more so.
    Yes, I've been to Heaven. And so have you. And you have the pattern of its implants in the HCO Bulletin Line Plots. It was complete with gates, angels and plaster saints - and electronic implantation equipment. So there was a Heaven after all - which is why you are on this planet and were condemned never to be free again - until Scientology.
    Before you went to Heaven you were not really very bad or very good, but you didn't think you had lived only once and you had a good memory and knew who you were and enjoyed life. Afterwards ---
    The symbol of the crucified Christ is very apt indeed. It's the symbol of a thetan betrayed.
    • Like Like x 1
  25. TinyDancer Member

Bruce, thanks for the longer quotation. I inferred from the short quotation that Hamster posted that Hubbard's view of heaven was not compatible with that of Christianity. I think you are in agreement with each other about that.
    • Like Like x 2
  26. Herro Member

On principle or in reality? I see no reason that someone couldn't integrate Scientology and the Bible in his or her day to day life. Although that doesn't really have to do with anything specific to the Bible or Scientology.
    • Like Like x 2
  27. Anonymous Member

It's true I suppose. There are people that tell themselves the Time cube theory is correct. Is it scientifically? No. But their mind is so damaged and stupid, they can somehow bring that into their theory of mind.

It's like the Mormons.... I mean to believe all of that stuff you'd have to be able bend your head around things.
    • Like Like x 1
  28. fify
  29. Demented LRH Member

Close to the truth, but not exactly true -- Hubabrd wrote that Jesus was a pedophile. If Christians knew that, they would not be joining the cult.
    • Like Like x 1
  30. DeathHamster Member

That's from the Fishman OT. GET A FUCKING CLUE!

Or provide dox that that it was a version briefly introduced by Hubbard that no one who took the course remembers seeing.
    • Like Like x 1
  31. Demented LRH Member

This HCOB could be easily found on the Internet, do your own search if it is so omportant to you. It does not come from a course, it comes from a confidential data. I am surprised that you have not hard about it
    • Like Like x 1
  32. Demented LRH Member

• Like Like x 1
  33. DeathHamster Member

I am quite familiar with the goddamn Fishman OT. There's no ex-member who did that level who says that they saw it. This has been discussed many many many times and there's no way that you didn't come across those discussions if you did any real searching.

The only "proof" that it's somehow genuine is that CoS lawyers once claimed copyright on it. (And then dropped that claim.) Here's a simple fact: CoS lawyers aren't familiar with every bit of Hubbard's writing or haven't done that level yet, so they always claim copyright on everything first, and sort it out later. Keith Henson once created a fake NOTS, and CoS lawyers immediately jumped on him for copyright violation. (Deliciously funny, but it didn't help Keith in court.)
    • Like Like x 1
  34. Bruce D. Member

"It's like the Mormons.... I mean to believe all of that stuff you'd have to be able bend your head around things."
    That can be said about any religion and the only reason why someone would not say it is if they were not that familiar with the details or that they have accepted all parts based on faith.
    • Like Like x 1
  35. Bruce D. Member

I do not know if that is true or not. It may be. When Hubbard talks about religious implants Scientology is not compatible with the bible which is what I was trying to say above. 99.9% of Scientology is not about religion. It is about improving business skills and other skills that deal with the spirit of man so until you see something about religious implants you are not confronted with the idea that it may challenge your belief system.
    • Like Like x 1
  36. CarterUSP Member

This, my friend, is called brainwashing.
    All the bits of hubbard tech not directly 'religious' in nature are based on the religious beliefs. Even the Div6 course books claim that the data found in the course books are superior data, stable and universal in application. The life improvement sections do not claim to be practical hints and tips, but actual solid, universally workable, constant principles. These principles have their root in scientology beliefs.
    The self help sections are merely a route onto the bridge. They are designed to make the raw meat wog think that he has a need and that scientology can meet it. They prepare a person to study religious views that they wouldn't have anything to do with if they weren't prepared beforehand.
    It's part of the bait and switch con.
    • Like Like x 3
  37. Bruce D. Member

• Like Like x 1
  38. Demented LRH Member

Some say that this HCOB is a fake, but in reality no one knows for sure whether the document was fabricated or not. One could interpret the initial CoS claim that publication of this HCOB is a viloation of the copyright as a proof of its authenticity; the CoS lawyers dropped the claim of violation of copyrights when they realized how damaging it was. Or your assessment may be correct; there is not enough data to make a determination of the HCOB's authenticity.
    The point I was making is that this document is in the public domain, so its mere presence is a warning strong enough to keep at least some Christians away from the cult.
    • Like Like x 2
  39. CarterUSP Member

Maybe - but that's a seperate issue. No doubt we could have lots of fun debating that one. I'd argue that a satanist talking about the value of sacrificing people to satan is expressing a 'religious' belief, but wouldn't for one second agree with that view being recognised as an official, tax-exempt, religion.
    My point was that the scientology 'self help' methods presuppose the fundamental spiritual views. Much like in Christianity, prayer presupposes that there is a God out there who can hear, is interested, and is able to answer; Without those fundamental beliefs, the practice is rather meaningless.
    • Like Like x 1
  40. Anonymous Member

You must have missed such things as Dr of Divinity and the religion angle.
    Lurk moar!
    • Like Like x 1