Customize

Arnie Lerma writing a book

Discussion in 'Scientology and Anonymous' started by anon8109, Apr 23, 2015.

1. anon8109 Member

Not a fan of this conspiracy theory channel, but it's an extensive interview with Arnie Lerma. He announces that he plans to finish a new book in about a month.

Arnie was the first to post the OT3 text on the internet and was mercilessly fair gamed for it, including being raided by the FBI.

Lerma interview @ 6:50

• Like Like x 9
  2. Incredulicide Member

The title:
    Lermanetics : Exposing the Modern Science of Deceiving the Public for the Prophet (Profit?) - Advanced Psychological Techniques Reverse-engineered from two decades in the Alt.Scientology War
    • Like Like x 4
  3. arnie I wish you a good work waiting to read your book
    one more book against the evil cult
    one more nail in the coffin .......
  4. whoever Member

Geez, everyone is writing a book. Hope he has a good editor.
  5. anon8109 Member

• Like Like x 1
  6. jensting Member

Excellent news!
    • Like Like x 1
  7. patriot75 Member

• Like Like x 1
  8. TrevAnon Member

Without any doubt Lerma has done a lot for the anti COS movement, but does this mean it is going to be a conspiracy theory book? :confused:
    • Like Like x 4
  9. Re conspiracy theory, frankly, I wish it was just theory...

The book is based on this 1952 warning from Dr Robert Oppenhiemer given in a lecture he made to the American Psychological Association. Published in the May 1959 Issue of the Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists:

Excerpt:

"In the last ten years physicists have been extraordinarily noisy about the immense powers, largely through their efforts, but through other efforts as well have come into the possession of man, powers notably and strikingly for very large scale and dreadful destruction. We have spoken of our responsibilities and our obligations to society in terms that sound very provincial, because the psychologist can hardly do anything without realizing that for him the acquisition of knowledge opens up the most terrifying prospects of controlling what people do and how they feel. This is true for all of you who are engaged in practice, and as the corpus of psychology gains in certitude and subtlety and skill. I can see that the physicists pleas that what he discovers be used with humanity and be used wisely will seem trivial compared to those pleas which you will have to make and for which you will be responsible.

This was for most psychologists a most sobering observation. The possibility of controlling human behavior indeed becomes a more terrifying prospect than the control of nuclear reactions” End Excerpt

Note well that the last paragraph above is made by Dr. Arthur J. Bachrach Professor and Chairman of the Department of Psychology at Arizona State University, and Director of the Environmental Stress Program and Chair of Psychophysiology at the Naval Medical Research Institute at the Naval Medical Center in Bethesda.Maryland.

The advances in controlling what one believes to be true render the threat posed by the atomic bomb to be trivial in comparison.

This is stunning information. If this alone were widely known it might make the greatest difference in events since the date of his warning, which is even more imperative considering the insane events of our present day. Describing a power of such concern to mankind that the creator of the most terrible weapon in the world describes the new discoveries in psychology as capable of making the atomic bomb seem “Trivial”.

If readers were to just take the preceding excerpt and inform people around them, that alone might make a difference in the condition of society around us.

Dr. George Estabrooks stated in 1943 that the only way to prevent having what one believes to be true not be manipulated is to become familiar with the methods being used upon you.

This publication is my effort to describe in plain English without psychology or esoteric jargon some of those methods that I have recognized currently in use. These are not all the methods.. Hopefully this publication will motivate others, more qualified, to do a far better job than this old electronics engineer can do of explaining these techniques.

If these methods were taught starting at an early age, it might help end the success of cults of every kind, as well as exploitive corporate and totalitarian entities, including entire countries. Knowing this would have saved me wasting a decade of youth and then two more decades trying to expose scientology before it was a household media phenomena, visible on the front pages at the checkout stand at the grocery store.

I will try to describe as best I can, some of the lessons learned since the beginning of the alt.scientology.war as described in the December 1995 edition of Wired Magazine.

End of excerpt

“Everything told to a hypnotized subject is true for them” Dr George Estabrooks, Psychologist and Hypnotist consulting to OSS during WWII.

George Estabrooks was a Harvard University graduate, a Rhodes Scholar, chairman of the Department of Psychology at Colgate University and an authority on hypnosis during World War II. He is known for hypnoprogramming U.S. government agents during World War II.
    Quotations

"I can hypnotize a man -- without his knowledge or consent -- into committing treason against the United States."

“It has always been the writers contention that Hitler is the greatest hypnotist of our day" Hypnosis, G. H. Estabrooks 1943
  10. The Wrong Guy Member

Arnie Lerma - "I'd prefer to die speaking my mind than live fearing to speak"

Published by Bert Leahy on May 19, 2015

Arnie Lerma has become something of a folk hero in the newsgroup. His statement "I would prefer to die speaking my mind than to live fearing to speak" has become a sort-of mantra among the cult-bashers.
    • Like Like x 5
  11. Love the Lerma but mygoshsomanywordswordswords.
    • Like Like x 2
  12. I've always found Arnie articulate, worth hearing and quite easy to listen to, but he does (and it's clear he's aware of the fact) have a little difficulty speaking ex tempore, probably due to the fact he knows so much, and is keenly aware of the significance and connectedness of seemingly disparate circumstances and events.

He does manage to make several good points along the way, but they might be more powerful if delivered in a more carefully constructed, slightly less discursive fashion. But then, we all love a story.

The best point he makes in the vid, IMHO, is his comment about what Miscavige meant by Scientology 'working' in first ruthlessly intimidating, and then bribing its victims into silence.

Hubbard and Scientology would have turned the whole world into one big Abu Ghraib if given the chance. Arnie has done his fair share of preventing that from being more than Miscavige and his dupes' pipe-dream.
    • Like Like x 4
  13. Quentinanon Member

I look forward to the day when the scientology crime syndicate collapses.
    • Like Like x 1