Customize

Arrows in the Dark book by former Scientology attorney and spy Merrell Vannier

Discussion in 'Media' started by The Wrong Guy, Mar 2, 2015.

1. The Wrong Guy Member

ArrowsInTheDarkCover.png

Memoir with shocking claims by notorious Scientology spy, Merrell Vannier | The Underground Bunker

Excerpt:

Now, there’s another rather spectacular opportunity for Scientology disclosure, and it’s just being released today: A new self-published memoir, Arrows in the Dark, written by another of Scientology’s most infamous and notorious figures, the disbarred and disgraced former attorney and Guardian’s Office spy, Merrell Vannier.

Vannier’s name doesn’t come up much these days, but his story was one of the most stunning in a period when revelations about the lengths to what Scientology would go to punish its perceived enemies were rocking the country.

We’re going to quickly review the public record on that history so you can see what a unique position Vannier is in and why a tell-all memoir by him could be one of the most interesting things about Scientology in recent years.

http://tonyortega.org/2015/03/02/ne...by-notorious-scientology-spy-merrell-vannier/
    • Like Like x 5
  2. Ogsonofgroo Member

Hmmm,
    Sounds like it well/might be an interesting read but folks will have to dust off their 'shit-filters' for this one imho. A Tubs apologist with a guilty streak, trying to come clean in the fetid swamp of 'Hubbard 'tech' good, DM bad', sort of way, think I've haz a wee deja-vu...
    • Like Like x 1
  3. DeathHamster Member

From Mark in the Bunker:
    original.jpg
    • Like Like x 8
  4. RightOn Member

scumbag.
    Glad he wrote the book, but he won't be getting my money
    • Like Like x 5
  5. Quentinanon Member

Good on him to spill the beans, if there is factual substance to his account. However, I don't think he has very much social intelligence, as he doesn't connect his actions as a puppet with the will of his puppet master, L. Ron Hubbard.
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Quentinanon Member

• Like Like x 4
  7. wolfbane Member

This reaks of toxic bullshit. From the very first line on the front cover. How can someone call themselves the "Scientology's #1 spy" when they weren't included in the list of GO operatives who were indicted. Or even on the list of those who were named as unindicted co-conspirators.

Also, this dumb ass got NO traction whatsoever in his appeal against the Florida Bar thanks in part to Joe Lisa's deposition in the Nan MacLean case where Lisa threw his ass under the bus. That would not have happen if Vannier was anybody significant.

I wont be buying this damn book, but if somebody gets the kindle version and leaks that shit, I will read it.
    • Like Like x 7
  8. Ersatz Global Moderator

Exactly. This guy, like so many other scns, has a very over exaggerated view of his own importance. I am afraid that it will be tough to pick out the gems of truth surrounded by so much tin foil. A waste of time but I'll read it if is leaked.
    • Like Like x 7
  9. http://www.amazon.com/dp/1508534071/

ArrowsInTheDarkCover.png

Arrows in the Dark – February 27, 2015

by Merrell Vannier (Author)

1 customer review

See all 2 formats and editions

Kindle
    $9.95
    Read with our free app

Paperback
    $14.93
    3 New from $14.93

Arrows in the Dark

Product Details

Paperback: 410 pages
    Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (February 27, 2015)
    Language: English
    ISBN-10: 1508534071
    ISBN-13: 978-1508534075
    Product Dimensions: 6 x 1 x 9 inches
    Shipping Weight: 1.5 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
    Average Customer Review: 5.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (1 customer review)
    Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #7,851 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Quentinanon Member

The name "Don Alverzo" is likely a pseudonym taken from the Announcer's Test out of the 1940's, which goes as follows:

One hen
    Two ducks
    Three squawking geese
    Four Limerick oysters
    Five corpulent porpoises
    Six pairs of Don Alverzo's tweezers
    Seven thousand Macedonians dressed in full battle array
    Eight brass monkeys from the ancient, sacred secret crypts of Egypt
    Nine apathetic, sympathetic, diabetic old men on roller skates with a marked propensity for procrastination and sloth
    Ten lyrical, spherical, diabolical denizens of the deep who haul stall around the corner of the quo of the quay of the quivery, all at the same time.
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Ogsonofgroo Member

Eleven bullshit stories

And a book full of 'tarded geese.
    • Like Like x 2
  12. This guy sounds like he has been taking lessons from Rathbun on how to be a delusional, grandiose, nonsense writing, bullshitter.

Tony Ortega wrote:

"We learn, for example…
    — That Scientology was the subject of an FBI ‘COINTELPRO’ operation that involved planting agents in the church, and using Pulitzer-prize winning St. Petersburg Times reporter Bette Orsini as a front to launch a coordinated attack and make Scientology’s move into Clearwater controversial.
    — That Gabe Cazares was actually an FBI operative who was part of that scheme and knew that Vannier was a Scientology agent and hired him anyway in an elaborate conspiracy to entrap him."
  13. DeathHamster Member

I notice that he never escaped, but hung around until they booted him out of the club-house recently.

Using Marty as a dipstick yardstick of adjustment, this guy has only been out for a couple years, apparently.

And that's about as much slack as I can spare at the moment.
    • Like Like x 7
  14. There's something very sneaky about this book.

It tells about all sorts of nasty stuff involving Scientology, and, at the same time, tries to trick - and misinform - the reader into believing that L. Ron Hubbard and his teachings are white as snow and wonderful.

Mind fuck book. Beware.
  15. I've never heard anyone in the "Hubbard created an organization with checks and balances" brigade even attempt to address any of Denise Brennan's statements. Not even to acknowledge that they exist.
    • Like Like x 8
  16. And there's not likely to be any acknowledgement. Some people are in deep deep deep denial.

So far, over at Amazon Books, there are two reviews and two comments with each review. Interesting reviews and interesting comments.

http://www.amazon.com/Arrows-Dark-M...id=1425332440&sr=8-1&keywords=merrell vannier
  17. Ersatz Global Moderator

• Like Like x 3
  18. That's a good idea. I read it, for free, by way of another's Kindle copy, otherwise it would have cost me 9.95.

Notice that none other than old time Scientology protestor Fred Rice was tricked into writing a glowing review, apparently after reading only the first few paragraphs of Tony Ortega's review - but the not rest of Ortega's review, obviously.

Unfortunate.
  19. wolfbane Member

Kindle2PDF converter and file sharing sites are your friends! LeakityLeak leak leak leak.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  20. Ogsonofgroo Member

'Religion's'

<<

>>

Oo

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahaahahahaahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahah-hah.
    • Like Like x 1
  21. 10 reviews, so far, on Amazon, and many comments.

This book is slowly becoming a "stable datum" for Independent Rondroids.

You can vote on whether or not you approve of the reviews.
  22. amaX Member

I never met Bette Orsini or Gabe Cazares, but I know people who knew them personally including one of Gabe's godsons who was instrumental in helping the Clearwater Chanology Cell understand how to protect ourselves.

Bette Orsini and Gabe Cazares had integrity. POS author of a Rinderburnesque book has none IMO.

Somebody please share this book so we can rip it to shreds.
    • Like Like x 2
  23. Merrell Vanier: scientologist, spy, attorney.

Can't quite put my finger on it, but there's just something that leaves a nagging suspicion.
    • Like Like x 4
  24. The Wrong Guy Member

This article published today by The Global Dispatch, which was written by an unnamed author, reads like a press release. Here it is without the first three paragraphs:

Merrell Vannier outs Scientology secrets, leads call for David Miscavige resignation

Arrows in the Dark is must reading for anyone named in the book – and Vannier names everyone: judges, lawyers, state and federal authorities. People who followed his story in the newspapers will enjoy reading the inside story – told by someone deep inside.

The story also covers Mr. Vannier’s post-Clearwater role as a high-ranking intelligence officer in the Guardian’s Office in Los Angeles. In one of the most intense and dramatic chapters, the author details the takeover of church management, which he was summoned to witness.

In recent years, Mr. Vannier has joined with other prominent Scientologists to call for reforms, including the resignation of David Miscavige pending an internal investigation into charges of corruption and criminality leveled against him by former senior church executives; checks and balances; and the cancellation of oppressive policies, such as disconnection, which the author has personally suffered. His daughter and many longtime friends cut ties with him and his wife after he was excommunicated by Miscavige for his reform activities.

For more information about Arrows in the Dark, please visit http://arrowsinthedark. “Like” Arrows in the Dark on Facebook at www.facebook.com/ArrowsintheDark

Comments are open, here:
    http://www.theglobaldispatch.com/me...s-call-for-david-miscavige-resignation-68780/
    • Like Like x 3
  25. wolfbane Member

^^Nice press release Merrell wrote for himself.

Somebody leak that damn book already.
    • Like Like x 4
  26. The independent scientologists love it. They know that what happened to Paulette Cooper was done behind Hubbard's back by CIA infiltrators into Scientology, seeking to pervert L. Ron Hubbard's message of understanding and compassion, and make Scientology and L. Ron Hubbard look bad.
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  27. Disambiguation Global Moderator

And people say the lulz has left WWP.
    • Like Like x 2
  28. The Wrong Guy Member

Jon Atack: Stop making excuses for L. Ron Hubbard and the Snow White Program!

By Tony Ortega, The Underground Bunker, May 23, 2015

Jon sent us a response he’s written to one of the main concepts in Merrell Vannier’s new book. We’ll let him explain.

JON: Amazon has refused to post my review of Arrows in the Dark, recent memoir by Scientologist spy Merrell Vannier, so here it is, exclusively for Bunker readers.

Vannier was an agent of Branch One, the covert operations department of the Guardian’s Office, established by Ron Hubbard in 1966. Eleven officials of Branch One (commonly known as ‘B-1’) were imprisoned in the US for their participation in kidnapping, false imprisonment, breaking and entering, forgery of government credentials, and theft of government documents. There were similar prosecutions in Canada and France. B-1 agents had also infiltrated the UK government Home Office, and there have been investigations in Germany, Greece, Italy and Spain related to Scientology espionage.

Vannier ran dirty tricks on critics of Scientology. He describes some of these in his book, but his main objective is to defend Hubbard and Scientology. He seeks to give the impression that he and his fellow agents – who numbered in the hundreds – were part of a rogue operation that operated without Hubbard’s knowledge: This is simply untrue.

Over the past three decades, I’ve interviewed many former B-1 agents and read thousands of pages of Guardian Orders and Hubbard directives. There is absolutely no doubt that Hubbard was aware of the activities of the organization he created and directed.

Continued here:
    http://tonyortega.org/2015/05/23/jo...for-l-ron-hubbard-and-the-snow-white-program/
    • Like Like x 4
  29. This book, and Amazon require our attention.
  30. DeathHamster Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 2
  31. DeathHamster Member

Speaking of conspiracy-minded, a coincidence:

http://www.arrowsinthedark.com/ is registered to:

Conrad John Cherry Tree Films, Inc. 2629 Foothill Boulevard #215 La Crescenta California 91214 US

That address is a UPS post box. And probably within reaching distance is the post box for one of Scientology's shady Scientologist PIs, Russ Andrews aka Triwest Investigative Services:
    • 2629 Foothill Blvd, #227, La Crescenta, CA, 91214, USA

Category:Triwest Investigative Services
    • Like Like x 1