Customize

ASSAULTED: Melbourne Scientologist attacks protester

Discussion in 'Asia Pacific' started by Anonymous, Apr 10, 2010.

1. Anonymous Member

ASSAULTED: Melbourne Scientologist attacks protester

Today, Melbourne Anonymous organised a 9 to 9 raid, keeping the doors of Scientology locked down tight all day.

The police were called many times for things we weren't doing; constantly claiming we were 'blocking the door ways' (1. the front door was locked and covered in blinds, and we stood at least a meter away from it at all times. 2. The backdoor we left clear for people but still stood near as well)

One police officer told me that it's fine (and legal) to take photos of the people leaving the building when they leave, but just to be careful. So I took this in stride and kept going on with my photography.

Towards the end of the protest, when the Scientologists left the building, I did the usual thing I do as a photographer with the protests and stood near the back entrance while the front entrance was guarded by other anons with camera phones ready to take photos of anyone trying to sneak out away from me.

I took photos of the people leaving, and upon the second person I was able to get a photo of leaving he stormed towards me and punched me in the face (camera still up to my face) breaking the camera.
    I went after him as he tried to walk away demanding he tell me who he was and why he did it, and then tried to run up to him and stop him. He headbutted me which threw me to the ground into the street where a car was coming (almost got run over)

Two witnesses who were simply walking by on the way to the football ran after him yelling at him telling him what he did was totally uncalled for and a stupid thing to do, spouting "what's your problem?" to him.

I got back up and kept walking towards the assailant who started to run away down the street and into an alleyway. I called for our protester Epic to come help me. He ran with a picksign in his hand still and managed to not only catch up to him, but stop him by tripping him up a bit (didn't fall) and then grabbing him.

I ran up to him and took the guy's glasses to make sure he would stay put, and demanded he tell me who he was. He ignored me and tried to get away, but the aoichan and the two witnesses ran up and we all surrounded him.

Aoichan and I performed a citizens arrest on the attacker and managed to keep him there until police arrived (who I had just called) as we waited though, the Scientologists there began to accuse us of being "payed" to protest, that we're harassing them by protesting "their religion" (saying its illegal to protest a religion) and us of being cowards (for wearing masks) [even though I don't wear a mask]

The attacker wouldn't make eye contact with anyone, barely spoke a word, and his expression was priceless. He knew he had performed an epic fail.

Another Scientologist kept trying to remove him from us, and get him "Back to the church"

The police took our details, and took the attacker back to the station in their cop car for questioning.

I sat down for a bit and spoke to a Scientologist who was friends with him, who while being friendly claimed that all the things we hear about Scientology are "lies"

I let the church know we get information from within occasionally, and this they did not seem happy about 'what so ever' >: D *dance*

Sibbo and I walked to the police station and waited to give a statement. At this point the lady I talked to earlier walked in and asked to see "her friend" (the person who attacked me) and I overheard her saying to the police that she had to "give him some advice" from the Church. THEY REFUSED! :D She complained.

I went to the hospital to get checked up. Everything is in motion.

The guy has been charged for 3 separate things that I know of, and will be summoned to Court. :)

UPDATES

2. Anonymous Member

Re: ASSAULTED: Melbourne Scientologist attacks protester

For legal reasons I cannot post the photo or name of the person who attacked me.

The legal wheels are in motion.
  3. RightOn Member

wow, another huge foot bullet for COS and I am so glad you are not badly hurt and everthing worked out ok.
  4. Kenji Member

Why did I post Anonymously -.-"
    Thank you RightOn.

The funniest thing was my sibbo's reaction upon seeing this "you seem more worried about your camera than being attacked?" :D

(t'was true actually.)
  5. TinyDancer Member

How's the camera? How's your head?

Edit: Also, good on you for making a statement to police.
  6. theLastAnon Member

Well, this is going to be interesting. Time to settle in for the show.

inb4another50pages

20hm4nm.gif
  7. Re: ASSAULTED: Melbourne Scientologist attacks protester

Wow! Hope you are OK. Highlights how careful Anons must be. These guys mental state can be quite fragile.

Great to see he was charged! Another absolute beauty for Brian Seymour I imagine.

I am really glad I didnt join you guys today as I have a short temper and if I saw one of the Anons getting punched I dont think I could help myself. Thumbs up for keeping your cool.
  8. Craic n Smack Member

Citizens' arrests can be tricky.

Sounds like it's working out this time. Good to hear that this violent criminal is not getting away with beating people and destroying property.

Anyone who thinks they are the type to chase down and detain bad guys should get educated on their local citizens' arrest laws. It is always best to let the police do the arresting when possible.
  9. AnonKat Member

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcKE_MUiNgw[/ame]
  10. BigBeard Member

Anyone give Senator Xenu a 'heads up'?

BigBeard
  11. Kenji Member

TinyDancer; camera seems to work, but the flash is now broken. Won't open when I press the button, unsure if it actually still flashes as well. (haven't tested it, only looked for major operational issues like seeing if the lense still worked and the thing still took photos)
    Head though, sore, can't smile or yawn (and I should be allowed to yawn after all this :( ) Thanks. :)

Craic n Smack; this is true. Thankfully it was a very tame one, just us keeping him in one area, not restraining him except to get him to stop running.

:)

BigBeard; Will be getting onto that soon actually. Not exactly sure what I should say though.
  12. juche Member

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YES YES YES such a beautiful thing
  13. TinyDancer Member

I'm on it.
  14. Kenji Member

On a fun note about today; Mary from the OSA here in Melbourne thinks she's gotten my name and attempted to scare me by saying what she thinks it is. *laugh*

And she tried to hit me with her walking cane again.

a message to mary and the OSA, why bother trying? ^_^
  15. Kenji Member

!!
  16. Anonymous Member

Glad you're not seriously hurt! What is with these fucktards and attacking anons?
  17. Re: ASSAULTED: Melbourne Scientologist attacks protester

DAMN... hope everything works out alright
  18. CantPickaName Member

maybe this time one of them will go to jail?
  19. Re: ASSAULTED: Melbourne Scientologist attacks protester

guess it would also be a good idea to extend the warranty on cameras
  20. Re: ASSAULTED: Melbourne Scientologist attacks protester

You would think with all the super powers they have walking canes would not be required. Unless they were being conned which seems unlikely...
  21. Krytenanon Member

Respect to you dude for standing at the frontlines and taking a bullet (figuratively). I hope you are well.

[IMG]
  22. Django Member

I don't suppose someone was running a video camera...?
  23. Hombre Moderator Skandinaviska

I trust you're documenting all your injuries etc and getting a medical statement or whatnot. Also, did the other witnesses leave statements or contact info?

From what I read in OP, there's no video of him attacking you, so... yeah. Take care of your evidence.

EDIT: Also, while we're all happy the fucker got arrested, try not to brag too mich about it. Scilons will quote you saying you antagonized him to hit so you so could arrest him and then brag about it for the other members of your hate group.
  24. Kenji Member

maybe the Psychiatrists pay them to do it? :p

CaptainAdderall: thanks, and true. I wonder if my warranty has "destroyed by brainwashed cult member" cover.
  25. Anonymous Member

Why you wanna shove cameras in peoples faces for any way now your camera's broke, you could have taken it 10 or 15 feet away used the zoom, now it's more an angle of where you harrasing, sounds like you were, dumb judge who0 doesn't pick up on that. stupid anon is stupid.

Cool story bro.
  26. Kenji Member

Police have photos of my camera and glasses which are broken, photos of the injuries I've sustained. I've taken photos with my phone of the injuries.
    the 2 people who were walking by gave their names to the police and to us (I believe) as well as a passer by on a bike.

Unsure if there are street cameras down that street. Maybe the security footage from the stores across the road would have something.
  27. Anonymous Member

shut up faggot, scilon assaulting an anon is win no matter what the circumstances

photograph your bruises and shit, and make sure this cunt gets raped by aussie bubba in prison till he prolapses
  28. Re: ASSAULTED: Melbourne Scientologist attacks protester

1. Where does it say that he shoved the camera in peoples faces?

2. How is this harassment on Anons part?
  29. Kenji Member

I was a few meters away, and plus, I have a standard 18-55mm zoom, not good for distance shots :)
  30. Hombre Moderator Skandinaviska

Sounds solid. You should check the stores (before Scilons break in and destroy them... maybe tinfoil, but it could happen :p). Also visit a doctor and get an official statement/record of your injuries. This will weigh heavy in court together with pictures.
  31. Krytenanon Member

258trollspray.jpg

Osa troll alert.
  32. timthephoto Member

might be worth getting a written report on the camera, cost of repairs etc - preferably from the store that supplied it
  33. Anonymous Member

with all of this shit we should make a compilation video of anons getting assaulted by scifags
  34. Re: ASSAULTED: Melbourne Scientologist attacks protester

THIS

Document EVERYTHINg... even if it seems stupid... it may come in handy later
  35. Kenji Member

definitely. exactly what the police said. :)
  36. Anonymous Member

Do you need to make it so easy for them?

hookf.jpg
  37. PodPeople Member

Glad you're okay and hope the attacker gets charged properly. You mention head sore today, just suggesting follow up medical check because sometimes problems take a while to show up. Take care
  38. Anonymous Member

umm- not sure what you mean there... but I think you need to look at the time and order of those posts...
  39. timthephoto Member

18-55 u say.. wouldn't be a canon eos would it?
  40. Kenji Member

Nah, Nikon D3000. I was recommended an Eos but decided on the Nikon since I had used a friend's one before.
    This camera is my career, (sure not a great camera for a career but still :p) so this really pissed me off -.-"