Customize

ASSAULTED: Melbourne Scientologist attacks protester

Discussion in 'Asia Pacific' started by Anonymous, Apr 10, 2010.

1. Sponge Member

2. Sponge Member

Re: ASSAULTED: Melbourne Scientologist attacks protester

or....

2rr4g88.jpg
  3. Anonymous Member

lmfao

after all this time they still think we have leaders

can't wait till the drink the kool-aide
  4. RightOn Member

keep ALL receipts, all Dr. appointments should be logged, see if you can copy your medical records each time you go, how much you spent on gas,(keep receipts), and for heavens sakes... take a lot of pics
  5. JohnnyRUClear Member

Better "sentences" have been death-gasped by stabbed crack addicts falling down stairs. (Trust me; I do know this.)

Yep.
  6. Kenji Member

We definitely need more cameras. I had handed my phone to the anon standing next to me (Mr H) for him to film things in case something happened, but I had taken it back just before the assault took place. If all other anons had cameras on the ready, they would have been able to at least capture the second assault and him trying to run away.

So more cameras is what's needed for not only the safety of other anons, but for any potential legal battles which need extra evidence of assaults, harassment by scientologists, etc.

I do want to be a journalistic photographer one day actually, and I commonly document events, protests, and the like. Photography is my future career and my life, so having my camera broken is not just annoying, its an occupational set back.
  7. Epic Anon Member

I shall speak on this in my next speech this sat
  8. BigBeard Member

When the swelling goes down a bit in a few days, I'd suggest seeing an eye doc to make sure your retina hasn't partially detached.

I got an elbow to the head during a soccer game a while back, and a few days later the vision in my left eye started getting blurry. Long story short, I ended up getting my retina welded back in place with a laser thing. Not fun, and totally changed my glasses prescription.

BigBeard
  9. Kenji Member

Will do. Hope that's not the case, and I have reason to worry about that sort of thing anyway. :/

Sorry to hear about your eye btw. :/
  10. El Diablo Member

Hey Kenji. Just got the email about this and read the thread.

Wow! I hope you're not feeling too ouchie. Yes, the footbulletey implications are kinda neat - but the having you and your camera assaulted in the process, not so neat.

Also, while I shouldn't be surprised, I kinda am. I know I haven't been out protesting as long as many of you guys, but it seemed like our local orgers were content with the curtain tech, and photographing and note-taking from a distance. Pretty innocuous stuff. I can only imagine what kinda pressure cooker the org must be to have someone think assaulting you was a good idea.

Though last raid they did call the cops for no reason...something that either I'd been oblivious to or they haven't done for a while - least in the months I'd be out there. Maybe a bit of a sign that trouble was a brewin' inside the org.

Seems like the police are pretty clued in to the whole nonsense call-outs...and that we're a peaceful group (like that dude at parliament house who was chatting to us about how the S-11 protests were...and nothing like us). I gather they were pretty good about dealing with your assault? That's what I got from your OP, so I hope I'm right to presume this.

Anyhow, I'll totally be seeing you guys on the 17th - hopefully your eye is feeling better.
  11. Kitt Member

I can't believe fucking locking gascap is a meme
  12. TinyDancer Member

Yes. Yes, they are.

r174626_662005.jpg rgn_chaser_narrowweb__300x3150.jpg

I think that reflects the wider Australian community. We tolerate incursions upon our civil rights because, in the grand scheme of things, this is a safe and happy country to live in, with lots of sunshine and good living. Our government works very well by international standards and our health system is excellent. Put it all together and there's not much pressure on the police to draw the line at an early stage in misbehaviour of the throwing water variety. They don't see it as a big deal. (And it isn't really. It's more that getting away with such behaviour probably embolden's the CoS.)
  13. Re: ASSAULTED: Melbourne Scientologist attacks protester

There's this (^^^^^) and also another factor for the coppers.

I spent several hours yesterday talking to a serving member of NSW's cops socially (he's a friend) and he's so fed up with the amount of "crap" he has to go through to get charges pressed that he hates doing it and avoids it at all costs - and he said his mates feel the same way too.

There's too much attention (per him) paid to appearing politically correct by the commanders and not enough to actually enforcing the law. It's no longer worthwhile giving a damn if you're an ordinary policeman.

From what he said, this would be why the charges against Mark Hanna were dropped - the actual coppers wanted to press ahead but the command didn't want the possible political fallout so cancelled.

The cops on the street want to protect victims but have sooooooo much paperwork to do and so many complaints against them to answer for that they get wary of enforcing the law unless they absolutely have to.

He was however very interested in what's happening with the cult and various "ongoing matters" that we discussed :) He wished me luck and hoped to see "we" get the cult bought to justice. I don't think the cult's going to get too much slack from the cops from now on - call it "a tip from the inside" if you will. :)
  14. AmandaT21 Member

From the sounds of it the cops handled this incident well. I doubt the scientologist will get much more then a fine really and a stern warning, unless this isn't the first time he's gotten pissed and punched someone in the face on the street.

So long as Kenji's face doesn't have permanent damage it doesn't matter. In the end this assault was not personal. Hell, Scientologists aren't losing it like this just because they're pissed at us and what we do and say whenever we turn up. They're pissed because their religion is spiraling. Their numbers are woeful, their earnings are way too low and management won't stop feeding them 1984 'we're bigger and better then ever!' bullshit. They've put so much of themselves in to this shit and it's falling down around them. Their own damn leader has yet to even say one WORD to the public about what he thinks about Xenophon and the repetitive calls for an inquiry here in Australia. He has yet to lift a god damn finger in their defense.

And to top it off, they've got a bunch of kids standing outside at least once a month, yelling stuff out to them that they may dismiss as just 'hate speech' but really our very presence is reminding them that scientology is NOT working. It would be so much easier for them to keep deluding themselves that nothing is really wrong and keep working if we didn't turn up all the time and keep reminding them.
  15. BigBeard Member

Thanks, I'm used to it now. Definately get it looked at though.

BigBeard
  16. Optimisticate Member

Paparazzi raid. Wait impatiently for "celebrities" because we all know that scientology IS celebrity, right? Whoever walks out, shout out ABE VIGODA! or BETTY WHITE! and rush them with the camera snapping away asking them what they've done since "Fish" and "Golden Girls".
  17. auchraw Member

So claim additional damages, solatium, loss of potential earnings, etc. etc. Sure there are several more claims you can properly pursue.
  18. auchraw Member

Message from anonymous to scientology

For all that we are not as monstrous as you are; still our methods are a parallel to your own. Doubtless you will use the Anon's actions as an example of the persecution you have so long warned your followers would come; this is acceptable. In fact, it is encouraged. We are your SPs.

Gradually as we merge our pulse with that of your "Church", the suppression of your followers will become increasingly difficult to maintain. Believers will wake, and see that salvation has no price. They will know that the stress, the frustration that they feel is not something that may be blamed upon Anonymous. No--they will see that it stems from a source far closer to each. Yes, we are SPs. But the sum of suppression we could ever muster is eclipsed by that of the RTC.
  19. anonsoldier Member

Don't you just fucking love when prophecies come true???
  20. themadhair Member

Actually if you listen to the video you would hear the following:
    We are cognizant of the many who may decry our methods as parallel to those of the Church of Scientology. Those who espouse the obvious truth that your organization will use the actions of Anonymous as an example of the persecution of which you have for so long warned your followers. This is acceptable to anonymous. In fact, it is encouraged. We are your SPs. Over time, as we begin to merge our pulse with that of your church, the suppression of your followers will become increasingly difficult to maintain. Believers will become aware that salvation needn't come at the expense of their livelihood. They will become aware that the stress and frustration that they feel is not due to us, but a source much closer to them. Yes, we are SPs, but the sum of suppression we could ever muster is eclipsed by that of your own RTC.
  21. Kenji Member

themadhair; what video is this you speak of?
  22. timthephoto Member

i'll take the bait

23. Random guy Member

Herro think it's drivel, but it s actually a masterpiece of internet age propaganda.
  24. Kenji Member

Oh that one. I remember that >_> Don't see why I didn't remember what it said. -.-
  25. themadhair Member

Concussion?
  26. Kenji Member

:rolleyes: we're yet to see :p
  27. Sponge Member

How many fingers can you see, Kenji?....

11sm7o1.jpg
  28. Zak McKracken Member

FIFY. Prepare to die.
  29. Kenji Member

wtf.jpg
  30. AnonymousNow Member

Reaction time for most humans is approximately .250 seconds. A fast person standing in close proximity can hit someone from a standstill position in less than .250 seconds.

Thus, in combat, physics favor the individual who is the aggressor.

What this means to the protesting world, if they are close enough to touch you, they are close enough to possibly hit you without you having enough time to stop them-- take a step back. If they keep on advancing, that just makes it clear they are the aggressor on video.
  31. anonhuff Member

If you think the scientologist that punched you might have been radioactive, take a bath and smoke a couple thousand cigarettes, instant cure.
  32. Kenji Member

I wonder what the reaction time is when someone is preoccupied taking a photo? Your first reaction is to protect the camera, and in turn protect your face from the impact of the camera being pushed into your face....

With training you can make your reaction time faster, and I probably should try just to stop this from happening again... but I'd still be a slower target whenever I take photos.
  33. Anon TROLL Member

How do you know he was a Scilon and not some "Pizza guy " or something.
  34. anonsoulless Member

.25 seconds is pretty high. I would think Anon's reaction time would be a lot lower what with all the videagames
  35. Anonymous Member

I'll bite. Because the CoS sent someone over to the police station who tried to get in to see him.

They tend not to do that for random pizza guys.
  36. Anonymous Member

Are you speaking from experience, or is this just a bit of e-fu intellectualization? Because my MA group has done this sort of drill for years, using fist without control and almost no one gets hit, unless they go to sleep. Of course, if you want to let your opponent get 'close enough to touch you", you've already lost.
    Karate ni sente nashi(There exists no first attack in Karate).
  37. the anti Member

that was my thought when this happened to me

protest_0155.jpg

but in my case he grabbed my camera and my thought then became "get him off me!" he ran like a bitch
  38. Anonymous Member

Expect it; your chances will be much better.
  39. Kenji Member

Well I'm always expecting something to happen... and for some reason there was this odd feeling in the air last Saturday.. probably because the Scilons were acting alot different... a fair amount more confrontational and earlier on another Scilon tried to steal my camera off me.

Then again, you're never truly ready for an assault now.. are you?