Customize

ATL protests: Spring 2011 edition

Discussion in 'USA - East Coast' started by AquaMan, Jun 19, 2011.

1. AquaMan Member

I know we've been incredibly slack-assed fuckers about posting postgames, but between RL and a boring as dogshit org it's been kinda hard to muster time and enthusiasm for postgame posts.

Anyway, there will be pics once they're uploaded and such, but TL;DR for the past 4 protests (including yesterday) is "we came, we protested, Scientolgists hid". Like I said, boring as dogshit. :(

Unfortunately, I had an idiot moment with my old camera (retiring once I get pics off the HDD), so there's no March shots (where, among other things, Ultrapoet modeled the very latest in protest fashion), and only a few from April.

The last few protests, one of the scilons in a red Ford Expedition has apparently made it his goal to try to intimidate us by tear-assing out of the parking lot at full throttle, wheels scrabbling for grip, and turn wide so that he passes close to where we stand, like he's trying to fake running us over. Us? We just laugh at it and him.

Anyway, that's all I can think of for now until I take care of the pics and Raven posts hers, but I'll probably remember more later. (heard in background: "shit, he's not going away")
  2. amaX Member

Hello, AtlantAnons! Sorry it's so boring up your way. Come and visit us again! Well done getting out there!!!
  3. AquaMan Member

One thing not in the pictures (because I didn't snap a shot of it, for reasons I'll explain in a minute) was 3 young children, like 6 years old give or take a bit, and one early 20s woman with a baby at one point pointing fake guns (two of them obviously so, garishly colored and not shaped like RL guns) at one another. Had I taken the picture, though, I had a caption ready for it: "R2-45: Fun for the entire family".

As for why not take the pic, it seemed a bit off to Raven and I to be shooting shots of children who as far as we know had no say in the matter, and were just as much victims as anyone else in the cult. Giving ammo for scilon claims (pure bullshit, of course) of unpleasant intent towards kindergarteners didn't seem like a good idea.

(Still haven't processed the pics yet, RL intruded and is still being a cum-guzzling whore.)
  4. Anonymous Member

You do realize this is called Assault, right? Any pics or vid? How close? Not sure legal definition of attempted homocide enters in to all this, but Assault includes causing one to fear for their life or being hurt.

Please take this seriously. Fewer and fewer staff and public means even more pressure, if that's possible, and sleep deprivation, by just a few hours for 3 or 4 days can cause physical and mental problems. Long term is much worse. The numer of reports of the crazy getting crazier and more aggressive, dangerous, etc. is escalating. Get license plate of that truck. If you have pic or vid, and license plate, suggest take it to the police, my opinion.
    http://www.webmd.com/sleep-disorders/guide/important-sleep-habits

That said, let's look at the consequences of sleep deprivation.
    In the short term:
    Reducing your nighttime sleep by as little as one and a half hours for just one night could result in a reduction of daytime alertness by as much as 32%.
    Memory and Cognitive Impairment
    : Decreased alertness and excessive daytime sleepiness impair your memory and your cognitive ability -- your ability to think and process information.
    : Sleep deprivation induces significant reductions in performance and alertness.

Stress
    Relationships
    : Disruption of a bed partner's sleep due to a sleep disorder may cause significant problems for the relationship (for example, separate bedrooms, conflicts, moodiness, etc.).
    Poor Quality of Life
    : You might, for example, be unable to participate in certain activities that require sustained attention, like going to the movies, seeing your child in a school play, or watching a favorite TV show.
    Occupational Injury
    : Excessive sleepiness also contributes to a greater than twofold higher risk of sustaining an occupational injury.
    Automobile Injury
    : The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) estimates conservatively that each year drowsy driving is responsible for at least 100,000 automobile crashes, 71,000 injuries, and 1,550 fatalities.
    The good news for many of the disorders that cause sleep deprivation is that after risk assessment, education, and treatment, memory and cognitive deficits improve and the number of injuries decreases.
    In the long term, the clinical consequences of untreated sleep disorders are large indeed. They are associated with numerous, serious medical illnesses, including:
    High blood pressure
    Heart attack
    Heart failure
    Stroke
    Obesity
    Psychiatric problems, including depression and other mood disorders
    Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
    Mental impairment
    Fetal and childhood growth retardation
    Injury from accidents
    Disruption of bed partner's sleep quality
    Poor quality of life
    2pq8cxj.jpg
  5. Ann O'Nymous Member

Sounds good.
  6. BigBeard Member

If this is getting to be a regular occurance you might want to let the PD know, and request they have someone observe this behaviour for themselves. All it would take is for someone to have driven by that was leaking fluid, e.g., oil, coolant, transmission, on the road before this guys next shot. Aside from the danger created to protesters, this jerk is also creating a hazard to the public's safety, and needs to be pulled up short before someone is injured or killed.

BigBeard
  7. RightOn Member

so weird
    I was just thinking about 'lanta protests yesterday
    glad to hear from you guise
  8. xenubarb Member

Keith Henson, Graham Berry, and me have all had Scilons try to scare us by running
    their cars at us on separate occasions. So far, they haven't fucked up and hit anyone.
    I reckon it's only a matter of time, so I always note where the power poles and light standards
    are, in case I need to duck behind one.
  9. Anonymous Member

The of list of protesting Do's and Don'ts keeps growing. yikes. definitely think all incidents should be reported these days, but then that's a problem for those unnamed, and so probably that's the point. But if license plates could be obtained (while they're still in a parking lot) and then later if one of the drivers commits this crime and a video of it was secured, wonder if that couldn't be sent to police, with all the information except for reporting person's name. If they have a license #, video, and vid or picture of same vehicle in front of Sci mission or org, then the police might contact the owner?
    And I'd sent a copy of the vid to the org/mission and license plate # and let them know whoever is committing these types of crimes will be sent to jail if it continues.

In the meantime....
    dr57gi.jpg
  10. AquaMan Member

Ok, pics are going to be a little later than I thought. Computer doesn't want to recognize my camera, even with the software downloaded from the manufacturer's site and installed properly. At the moment it's either I got a bitchy camera, or the stripped-down XP install I have is too stripped down, and missing some important service/feature. :(

Ain't Windows such fun? *barf*

As for the Expedition, no there isn't any footage, nor shots of the plates. Yet.

The namefagging thing doesn't worry me that much (though I'm not ignorant of some of the troubles it can cause). Even if ATL wasn't more failtacular an org than normal for scilons, I don't even live in the state, let alone the city.

(Please note this is not me going "I am invincible". I'm making an assessment of the risks from my perspective. I may well be wrong, but it's my own ass being put on the line.)
  11. AquaMan Member

I know I'm way late on this, but I finally got pictures up for March, May, and June (Apr shots got nuked when I had an idiot moment, as I noted before).

March

May

June

There were no caek shots from May or June because there was no caek. The ATL Baker's Guild was busy with other stuff.
    • Like Like x 1