Customize

Atlanta, GA - Feb 11, 2012: This cult blows

Discussion in 'USA - East Coast' started by AquaMan, Feb 12, 2012.

1. AquaMan Member

We had plans for three hours of entubulation and assorted mockery of the (m)org(ue), but with the windchill somewhere around the 20s, we unfortunately didn't make the whole time. With winds gusting to over 30MPH and usually not below 20, we had to do a lot of sign chasing, even with a backpack holding down the spares that weren't being used at the moment.

On the upside, we did have a SPecial* Guest Protester, to celebrate the 4th Anoniversary. Xenuphobe lent his voice to mocking the failcult.

We retired to a local eatery for caek and shot the breeze (ahem) for a good while, catching up on old times.

Took some pics, but they'll have to wait. I'm currently spanking a naughty laptop.

* No, I didn't hold down the shift key too long. :p
    • Like Like x 10
  2. GuyFox Member

Sounds like the weather we had over here.

Looking forward to the pics!
  3. Ann O'Nymous Member

Sounds good.
  4. AquaMan Member

A little late, but here's the pix. Not many pix because not much protesting.

(And any northern anons saying "twenty degrees ain't shit you pussies", let me extend a cordial invitation for you to kiss my pale white ass. Y'all probably were trolling us by sending that weather our way with your SP powers in the first place. :p )

Feb 11 photos

Da caek:

image001.jpg

(trollface was considered, but too many fine lines to not come out looking crappy)
    • Like Like x 9
  5. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 1
  6. Lorelei Member

My first attempt ever at freehanding with icing on a cake. :D It was a checkerboard cake inside: three layers of green and white, of course, with a buttercream icing. (Also: delicious AND moist.)

The wind was brutal enough to tear glasses off faces and whip a huge pile of signs (out from under a backpack acting as a weight) and throw them several dozen yards (except for the bunch I caught by their corners in my gut...that left a bruise). So, yeah. We're not exactly used to that. Anonyferret had to have a time out in one of the cars because the wind freaked him out.

It took three hours after the protest was over for our toes to thaw back out! :p
    • Like Like x 7
  7. skeptic2girl Member

Wow. First of all, EPIC CAEK!! Mmmm... Buttercream. Sign me up. (note to self: make Great Caek Tour of various cells... SOON)

And although we have a motto here in sf about Raid in Any Weather, in conditions like the aforementioned, I think we might have bowed down to mother nature and skipped. (I should only speak for myself. MOOG would be out there either way!)

I salute Atlanta Anons!!
    • Like Like x 2
  8. ravenanon Member

More pictures! sorry i was so slow to post. I was still thawing out I guess.

Pictures below:
    Busiest I've ever seen the org, but by guessing I would say most of those going in were linked to NOI
    [IMG]
    Feb 2012 Protest Against the Cult of Scientology

we had caek! Lor decorated it and made it extra awesome!
    [IMG]

Some of us still out after grabbing signs the wind blew away. some hide in cars off and on and I was given gloves to help get by.

[IMG]

some good signs with some good links held by a few of our great protesters

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Untitled

I call this method head tech lol The wind held the signs on us and no hands were needed

[IMG]
    • Like Like x 7
  9. Ann O'Nymous Member

• Like Like x 1
  10. amaX Member

<3<3<3 y'all! the bestest caek! well done, AtlantAnons!