Customize

Atlanta Nov 13, 2010 - Serious Business

Discussion in 'USA - East Coast' started by AquaMan, Nov 14, 2010.

1. AquaMan Member

Atlanta Nov 13, 2010 - Serious Business

Turnout was a bit low this month, but apparently we were enough to draw out the Scilons, this time making them come out in the scary real world to... paint a wall.

I shit you not. They brought out a bunch of youngsters (pre-teen to early 20s, I believe) to paint the wall of the mini strip mall (my term) next to them that's facing towards their building... and boy did the job they do suck.

Anyway, when Raven and I first got there, there were 3 Dekalb County police cruisers parked in the turning lane in front of where we set up. We chatted with them a bit, including some discussion about why we were protesting, and there were one to three cruisers present depending on the time in various places, with one car being parked in front of the gas station to the left (while looking towards the Scilon building from across the street) for the last hour or so (didn't check the exact time) of the protest.

I'm feeling kinda lazy today, so I'll just link to the photo album, on which all I did was a batch resize/rename because of said laziness.

11-13-10 - Serious Business

Well, there was one thing I'm going to link explicitly, because we thought it was funny. After the Scilons packed up for the day, around 4pm-ish, Xenu smiled upon us.

image019.jpg

Note that on the side of the Scilon building facing that mini strip mall, there are no round windows at all, nor does the decoration stuff on the roof lend itself to that kind of reflection.
  2. Gottabrain Member

Re: Atlanta Nov 13, 2010 - Serious Business

Thanks for keeping up with the protests. It wears them down. Staff and public are leaving all over the world.
  3. JohnnyRUClear Member

Good job staying at it. We're gonna shut this BS down.

I'll bet it's nice down there this time of year, eh? If you need some cold and rain, just c'mon up here to the NW. We've got plenty to go around. ;-)
  4. AquaMan Member

We'll have enough of that kind of thing soon enough, I suspect.

Having come down here from northern Illinois, though, y'all can keep the sub-zero shit. :p
  5. Re: Atlanta Nov 13, 2010 - Serious Business

I'm sure you guys made a good impression with the police, which is probably important, as you're in the process of re-establishing that you aren't the criminals they claim you are.

Also, I'll admit it, I don't get the joke with the reflection - someone fill me in?
  6. Anonymous Member

Lol, Cult.
  7. AquaMan Member

Xenu? :)
  8. Ann O'Nymous Member

Nice.
  9. Anonymous Member

Great work, Atlanta.
  10. ravenanon Member

The police talked to us and learned about the cults activities and asked us if we needed anything. (Over all we let the officers know when we will protest every month and let them know of any issues we had with last month.) The police seemed to find the cult running all around the streets last month and being on our side of the street at times not cool. An officer went in and talked to them about this behavior. He did leave with the standard cult literature, but he came back over and talked to us afterward. We told him why we were protesting.

I feel like whenever we show up to protest these last few months the cult puts on a show for us. Last month they sort of cleaned up their building and handed out DVDS but only while we were there. This month the cult started painting after we got there and finished as we were leaving. The wall they painted on was done poorly and left unfinished with plenty of daylight left.

Deb our OSA rep seemed to be in charge of the painters. When they started they had a mix of ages from young adult to a few teens and kids. Eventually the adults bailed except for Deb. This reminded me of last month when the one teen boy was doing all the work while the adults were watching.

In the beginning they looked like this:

image007.jpg

At the end the kids:

image014.jpg

and tbh the kids acted like kids and the wall looks well how it looks lol

The fail sign the cult had next to their dvd handing out box last month was moved over next to the wall this month for a photo opportunity. I think the sign would just look silly in that pict, but what do I know. Deb took the picts of the workers but whirled around and took some of us. I waived again.

pict of sign relocated for a photo

image006.jpg

Of course one OT and that wall would of been painted!

I never saw more than 14 cars in the parking lot. Mary Reiser the head of Narconon stopped by. She kept her head down and sort of darted around.

When they wrapped the painting up they washed the paint brushes off not on the grass, but in the parking lot which leads to this pict of Deb the OSA rep attempting to sweep the water around to get rid of the paint

image012.jpg

A few of the protesters:
    image002.jpg

Our caek, which tbh tasted pretty boring.

image009.jpg

I had a good time and we informed some people. Also I can't wait to see the show the cult puts on next month
  11. Anonymous Member

Well done as always ATLanons! So in that last picture was that small child working? Excuse me, I mean that Old thetan in a small body.

btw, in most states putting paint and such into the sewer system is against the law. Too bad there isn't any photographic evidence. Oh wait... lol. Not sure that photo proves the dirty deed, but couldn't hurt to find out.
  12. Lorelei Member

Re: wall reflection: Looks like an X-men symbol to me, which is just as amusing.
  13. AquaMan Member

That was my first thought as well, actually, on both appearance and amusement value.
  14. Bipolart Member

Great work, Atlanta. The kids were doing all the work, especially that little guy working in the foliage. Pisses me off.
  15. conatus Member

Fancy!
  16. ultrapoet Member

The wall thing just makes me laugh because they were clearly making a big production of "Look how helpful we're being in the community!" and then they (a) did a crappy job and (b) didn't even finish the crappy job.

It'll probably be retagged by next month. It's that kind of neighborhood. Then again, with all the Sclion surveillance, maybe taggers will have a harder time of it.

The light shining on the wall looked like an alien head to me so I joked that it was a sign from Xenu. We're still not sure what it really was.

I feel really sorry for the kids. I wish there was some way I could let them know that life is a lot more wonderful than the cult has been telling them it is.
  17. anonLUCY Member

I am confused being gone so long--is this the same bldg as the oct raid in atlanta-that 2 story brick building?
  18. Anonymous Member

no. new location is in the protest thread for today and also on stopthecon.net