Customize

Atlanta September 25 Post Game

Discussion in 'USA - East Coast' started by ultrapoet, Sep 25, 2010.

1. ultrapoet Member

Atlanta September 25 Post Game

Ladies, gentlemen and otherwise, I think we have a record for shortest protest.

We arrived at Dunwoody and noticed that the sign for the Church of Scientology was GONE. Blinds drawn, lights out, and no cars in the parking lot.

I will be uploading footage from my phone in a bit. We decided that there was no point in waving anti-Scientology signs in front of the assisted living center they share (shared?) the building with, so we packed up, checked the Idle Org in Sandy Springs (just as deserted) and found a nice place to have some cupcakes.

Pics coming up. If you were planning on dropping by at the last minute, don't bother.
  2. Anon99 Member

Re: Atlanta September 25 Post Game

Wow. That's awesome. So they didn't move to another location because they're "expanding like never before?"
  3. ultrapoet Member

No clue what's up. Lots of wild speculation, though. Any anon out there who might have some info, please drop it here.

img0401io.jpg

Behold! The, um, place where the sign normally should be and isn't. (Direct from camera, sorry so huge.)
  4. ultrapoet Member

5. Anonymous Member

Is it the org that called the riot police performing bear dancing?
  6. new guy Member

Very nice.
  7. Bipolart Member

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
  8. ravenanon Member

This is the riot police location! I've been to every protest at this location and I will miss it. Some great memories occurred there and I made some excellent friends there. A great group of people protested a nasty organization and did with style

At home I looked them up. It seems they moved from Dunwoody into Atlanta. Silly Sci not letting us know.

Church of Scientology of Georgia (cult site)

4588 Winters Chapel Road
    Atlanta, GA 30360-2706

If I remember the protest rules of atl this all just became alot easier and cheaper! Thanks sci for the help and we'll see you soon :)

If this place is as small as it looks on google they have dropped down to a smaller building. I'll drive by when I can get a chauffeur.

Normally I would be mad I didn't catch them moving, but I'm still recovering from back surgery. I did try to keep my surgery on the down low, but sadly its become one of the worse kept secrets of the internet lol

updates as they occur abt the location
  9. Re: Atlanta September 25 Post Game

Sounds like a chapter of Anon vs sci history in Atlanta is closing.

motivatordekabfeb.jpg

Glad to hear protesting in Atlanta will be easier for you guise.

Being right off Peachtree Blvd hopefully it'll have more foot and vehicle traffic as well.
  10. Lorelei Member

Ha ha! They can run, but they can't hide...from ATLanon human rights protesters!
  11. ravenanon Member

video and photos coming tomorrow. The new location offer has lots of great areas to shoot wonderful pics of it. The building looks not so great. Everything will be up tomorrow
  12. mad kow Member

Seems to me scientology changes locations every 5 years or so. They've moved three times now since we first started picketing. We need a 'Welcome to the Neighborhood!" picket, just to let them know we've found them again :)
  13. Anon99 Member

That would be hilarious, actually.
  14. Anonymous Member

Current idle org in Sandy Spring:

DSC_0041.jpg.gif

New Winters Chapel location

DSC_0046.jpg.gif
    DSC_0048-1.jpg.gif
    DSC_0052-1.jpg.gif

The lovely nearby Narconon sauna location:
    DSC_0054-1.jpg.gif
    DSC_0053-2.jpg.gif
  15. i'mglib Member

Very cool, guys.
    Could you explain though? Which one is the place where they are trying to get approval for the plans? What is the Winters Chapel location? Is it an org? Thanks in advance.
  16. Anonymous Member

Oh, Atlanta Anons, this is just the best news!
    Y'all have stood firm against the most intimidating protest arena of all: jackbooting riot police stomping down the street toward you. I remember being terrified for you, but you remained and you persevered.
    Continue the good fight!
  17. Anonymous Member

Sandy Springs is the org currently in litigation. Dunwoody was the location the cult has been in for the past little bit of time. Winters Chapel is there new location. To my knowledge it is whatever the Dunwoody location was. ( Mission, whatever the hell else they want to call it.) Winters Chapel is NOT the ideal org. They simply lifted up and moved about ten minutes from where they were. Same signs and everything.
  18. i'mglib Member

Got it. I was hoping that they didn't reopen somewhere, but it sounds like they did. I take it there's a reason you don't protest at Winters Chapel? Is it farther? Also, Sandy Springs doesn't look like what I expected. I thought it was in the middle of a business district, but it looks like it's all alone. What's going on with their building plans? Sorry for all the questions.
  19. Anonymous Member

We just found out about the new Winters Chapel location. They've only been there for a few weeks tops. It is quite possibly just a temporary place until their lawsuit is over with. It's only about ten minutes from the old location though so not really substantially different. It's in a rougher location neighborhood wise and there are not side walks or easy picket locations though so it'll definitely not be as protest friendly.

The Sandy Springs org is in more of a residential area which makes all their proposed exemptions so much more impossible to accommodate. They were asking for far more exemptions from the code rules than even most religious organizations in Sandy Springs. Many of the proposed exemptions dealt with parking and threatened to increase traffic and parking violations at an already busy and somewhat dangerous intersection. The lawsuit is over the fact that the city denied them most of the exemptions and scientology believes that the choice was made as a discriminatory move against them when in reality they are asking for a RIDICULOUS amount of code exemptions that no religious group is entitled to even under RLUIPA. The burden they are claiming was brought upon them by their poor choices in real estate.

Does that clear things up a bit? :) It's all one huge mess. lol
  20. Ogsonofgroo Member

Whooly sheeples! Cult on the move? Ever expandinding faster and faster!

*giant bag of popcorn* *beer*
  21. Anonymous Member

I don't understand all the excitement. All they did was move. There are many factors which could easily have led to this. They've been using the Dateline Payment method on their rent for years, and the property owner in Dunwoody has been mad over it. There used to be a "FOR LEASE" sign out front at their old location, which means this might have been a less-than-sudden move. IIRC, the building might have recently switched hands to a new owner, who would be less likely to accept late payments of rent only when threatening to evict.

So they moved. They're not running from Anonymous. They moved. They won't move into their idle org on short notice because they need a GRAND OPENING!!111 ceremony. They won't move into the idle org until the law suit is over. Either way, it can't be on a couple months' notice.

It's really not like they're doing anything that spectacular for us or themselves. The law suit might last years, and they needed somewhere else to be. So they moved.

*********yawwwwwwwwwwwwwn*********
  22. ultrapoet Member

As much fun as it would be to tell ourselves that we drove them out, I'm inclined to believe that they drove themselves out. (Though I do take some delight in the fact that they're still in exile from Sandy Springs until the lolsuit is resolved.)

The building is currently owned by SMM PROPERTIES II, LLC, which appears to be a real estate holding company. In other words, they don't own this building and are still renting. We'll see how long their new landlord is willing to put up with 'dateline paying.' I'm also curious if they're sharing the building with any other tenants.

DeKalb County already knows us and how we operate, so we shouldn't get much static in that direction, so that's a plus. Also, it's outside of the City of Dunwoody, so it's cheaper to protest! It may take a few rounds to get a feel for the area and the best ways to get there (MARTA, parking, &c.) and the best places for post-protest noms.

It's neither a victory nor a defeat, but it should liven things up for a bit.
  23. ravenanon Member

I think its a win cause we get to educate a whole new group of people abt the cult. This area is interesting to say the least. Also if the cult did piss off everyone around them and got forced out bonus for us.

As far as the move date. I have dox saying other than what was posted by whoever that was. If your an ATLAnon you've seen it. If someone has anything different it would be great to see the dox they have. By all means lets post openly and communicate :D

My pics are from a video camera. I want to make this clear so they are average. I was never on the cult property, I did not loiter, and I did not break any laws to obtain them. I will make a video soon, but I have something else to do atm.

Originally, I was there on Sunday, but encountered a few sci. Nothing at all major happened other than some attempts to make me feel uncomfortable. Two walked behind my car and one around it. I'm assuming they have my tag number again. I drive very distinctive cars to I'm easy to see coming.

Since I was an army of 1 with a friend I talked into providing me with company we decided to leave and let them clear out. Tons of rain occurred after that so we called it a day and came back later.

This building is not as bad as the one in SS, but I think its not great. Since allot of front shots were posted I'm tossing up one of the sides.

The top is missing part of its decoration:

toppart.jpg

Messed up guttering (in my video you will see alot of it was rusted)
    gutterhanging.jpg

How do you move your cult well with PODS of course! (notice the highway behind here and how odd the area it is.)

[IMG]

Every new cult building should come with a storage shed with graffiti on it and a pile of trash no one bothered to put in the dumpster next to it.

bettershedandjunkpile.jpg

This is the best part if my eyes are seeing correctly! The doors look a bit warn, but when you get close ups they seem to be telling us something

distantnewdoors.jpg

Top of the door has the DS on it

doordec1.jpg

Bottom of the door looks like a volcano!

topofdoor2.jpg

Hanging up doors like that to me indicates they plan on being there a long time and not moving to Sandy Spring for a very very long time. ;)

Even with those exciting new doors they still kept the old sign and it barely fits! I'm glad they used those classy chains to hang it on anyway.

metalsign.jpg

The other side of the building had 7 air units I think. I think they might be renting all the building with the doors like that.

Also speaking of musical buildings it seems naronon of ga of ga now has this addy listed:

Narconon of Georgia
    2010 Summerchase Dr, Duluth, GA 30096-4832 and the old one we had such fun times at is not. I will so miss that place. I'm sure a race to get new pics/dox of the narconon building will occur so stay posted and don't miss anything ;)

Cults may move, but Anonymous is here to stay.

Also sorry for the massive sarcasm, but I'm still kind of hurting atm and pain = meanie RavenAnon
  24. ultrapoet Member

They moved Narconon to DULUTH? Man, it's going to be a pain doing flash raids. (Though I bet they were counting on that.)
  25. ravenanon Member

Wait I messed up sort of....
    The old location is still on google. The other is a new location. If I remember right The pics posted by gumby go to a local narconon sauna location that sits between the new org location and the old narconon location. I don't have that addy info handy and the cult seems to keep it on the down low so it cant really be found on google. If and big If I remember right its actually owned by a private company/indvidual but shows up on the narconon records they turn into the state.

Options on the newly listed narconon addy is
    1) google is wrong and only one addy is right
    2) darn it our narconon grew to new location
  26. Anonymous Member

Summerchase is the location of the Narconon apartments.
  27. ravenanon Member

whats the addy of the narconon pics in this thread
  28. Anonymous Member

I'll assume this is what you were referring to when you said

It was nothing whatsoever to do with a move DATE. It is clear the move happened within the month from the last protest.

It is fully indicative of a more prolonged PLAN to move.

For the sake of more proof:

Custom glass work in a door requires at least one month's advanced notice, depending on the manufacturer. That in itself proves prolonged planning.

So does their inability to pay rent at their previous location.

So do so many other things.

The entire point of what is taking ridiculously more time than what is necessary is that this was not a sudden move. It was a relatively quick move, considering all the SP files, enemy folders, and what-not, but it was not sudden; it has been planned for some time.

More food for thought: The building fits the style the cult likes for its idle orgs. It's possibly a fallback plan in case they don't get their way in Sandy Springs, except for the part about not owning the building. But that might be a deal they can work out with the current owners; there's no real way to predict that.
  29. AquaMan Member

Dammit, that's two "ain't there no more" raids I missed, even if the one this month wasn't as permanent as the NC disappearance. :(
  30. ravenanon Member

Come to the welcome to the Neighborhood Protest ;) thread to vote on the date is well in that one place ;)