Customize

Aug XX Nashville TN Planning

Discussion in 'USA - Central/Mountain' started by Anonymous, Jul 26, 2009.

1. Anonymous Member

Aug 15 Nashville TN Planning

We have a date!

Date : August 15th.
    Time: TBD
    Meeting Place: TBD

We're walking from the billboard on 21st and West End to the bus stop in Hillsboro Village. Exact details are still being worked out and hivemind is welcomed.
  2. ZeLyt Member

Re: Aug XX Nashville TN Planning

Just for the record, I am free any day, so long as I have two weeks notice for work. So have at it.
  3. demosthenes Member

I vote for the 15th as well.
  4. MuffinKat Member

The 15th is fine for me :)
  5. desudesuchan Member

day or night on the 15th?
  6. lokimotion Member

That doesn't have to be just the theme for this month's raid. That should be the subject of a counter campaign as long as they are advertising it around town.
  7. desudesuchan Member

so i get a message at like six thirty in the morning, now normally i dont'm being woken up by txt messages from attractive women (it just happens way too inoften) but this one said they had new billboards and busstop ads...... not good. i only saw the billboard that was pointed out to me, and took forever to find a bus stop other that the one across the street from the org, but heres some pics.

s5300002.jpg []

[IMG]

before i forget, the big one was @ broadway where the white castle is and the busstop was the corner of west end and orleans
  8. demosthenes Member

Okay, the date is officially the 15th, and we'll be protesting during the day. Nixon suggested we protest someplace with more traffic - any ideas? In any event, I think we should meet up at the org.

That's what I'm thinking as well. Any ideas? Due to our lack of resources, we'll probably have to stick to guerrilla marketing type stuff... but as you can see from Desu's post, we have to do something.
  9. juche Member

I'll get pics of the other known ads and billboards tomorrow.
  10. lokimotion Member

I have an idea. It simple, effective, cheap and very guerrilla. Can't use it with the type of billboard you've got pictured there. Should be able to use it on the benches at the bus stop.
  11. twistedpuppet Member

Well, we could, but it would be dangerous and rather stupid to try.
  12. lokimotion Member

Where's your sense of adventure? Live a little, kid. j/k
  13. ZeLyt Member

So the 15th it is then? Shall put in for it at work tomorrow.
  14. Anonymous Member

Do it!

Bring you're walking shoes.
  15. Anonymous Member

We do not endorse any illegal activity. We do hope that the taggers get to work doing what they do to every other billboard and bus stop in Nashvegas.

That is all.
  16. desudesuchan Member

hillsboro village?! i dunn... bad expieriences in tht part of town...
  17. MuffinKat Member

There's also been talk of investing in some Nashanon stickers--that way, if we run out of fliers and paste we can still sticker over the bus stop ads.
  18. desudesuchan Member

fliers are bad mmmkay...... like a $300 fine bad.
  19. juche Member

Broadway and West End:

25snds3.jpg

West End and Murphy:

21l7p6w.jpg

Also saw a bus stop ad across from the Vanderbilt Childrens' Hospital and the two billboards at I-40/Broadway and Charlotte/10th. There are probably more we haven't seen yet T_T. I've heard mention of the bus stop across from the Org and another billboard near the org itself. Ugh.
  20. Invisible Eke Member

looks like August 15th is a set date :confused:
    believe it or not.. that's my birthday >_< *thinks* if i had a way to get there (can't drive yet) and had that day off i'd surely make my way up there o.o *blinks*
  21. desudesuchan Member

whos where and needs a ride? pm me and i'll see if i can help if its not out of my way.
  22. 2ndhandsmoker Member

Will bring party van and virgins if promised cake...
  23. Anonymous Member

24. Invisible Eke Member

hay guys.. sorry to bother you.. anyone nearby the airport? need ride, need help lol ^_^' *sweats*
  25. lokimotion Member

Thanks for the pic.
    Thought you meant Dave Carroll. However, Kurt Listug is listed.
  26. juche Member

The majority of us are south of town or in the Vanderbilt area, but I'll ask around -- I can't remember where Desu lives. I'm pretty fast at getting to the airport, so if there's a place open in my car, we might be able to get up there before heading to the meeting point.
  27. Invisible Eke Member

ah alright thank you, if you need more specific info just IM me, i'll see what i can grab up
  28. desudesuchan Member

desu lives like an hour away in some some point of the compass. but i wake up early. airports not too far out of my way if they want to contact me we can work something out i'm sure.
  29. Invisible Eke Member

are we by any chance planning a raid in September? sadly... plans are making this month's look like a big bad bust for me
  30. juche Member

We protest every month. Nashville hasn't missed a month since February 2008.
  31. Anonymous Member

Most likely there will be a September planning thread after the August raid happens. Just check the forums sometime after the raid.
  32. enigmanon Member

I wish there was a way i could show up at this :(.
  33. Anonymous Member

Hey guys, I'm afraid I won't be able to make this one. I have to go out of town for work.
    :(
  34. Anonymous Member

The Taylor guitar guy doesn't live in Nashville. I haven't seen any of these other unnamed folks at the org and I am by there on a pretty regular basis.
  35. MuffinKat Member

Zonker bb I'll miss you; I'll save some Slimfast for you kk?
  36. desudesuchan Member

sure is quiet in here tonight.....
  37. lokimotion Member

Hopefully that will change tomorrow.
  38. juche Member

Yeah, sorry, motherfuckin' Williamson County Fair, bitches! $25 for six hours of rides, ha!

We've sort of decided to just do a noon at the Org. Zonker, Nixon and Demos are for sure out this month, so we won't be making much of a statement by being elsewhere on protest day.

So yeah, noon, org, see you guys there.