Customize

August 15 - Nashville, TN - Postgame

Discussion in 'USA - Central/Mountain' started by juche, Aug 15, 2009.

1. juche Member

August 15 - Nashville, TN - Postgame

We only numbered three today, but still had a good time with a lot of honks. When we got there, one of the staff members did a panicked scurry out and locked the front gate. There was much scurrying over the course of the day including one scurry that was frighteningly close to our cars and a church group that was doing work on 8th -- fortunately, I'd already spoken to the church group and got in good with them, so whatever the scn was doing in an attempt to poison them toward us... yeah, not so much.

It was incredibly hot, but we stayed out there for two and a half hours. A bit shorter than normal, but hey, Nashville still hasn't missed a month.

Pictures up later.
  2. Cheshirecat Member

Re: August 15 - Nashville, TN - Postgame

Great stuff Nashanons. Looking forward to pics!
  3. demosthenes Member

Great job, guys! I wish I could have been there.
  4. juche Member

I only got a couple of pics. Downstat makes for hard pic taking as my camera is fucking massive and can't be hung around my neck without people thinking I'm gonna take pics of them for honking or some shit, idk. BUT ANYWAY:

2wrjg4x.jpg

5bp7ow.jpg

After the protest, MuffinKat and I went to the fabulous Goodwill Outlet down by the railroad tracks (YEEAAAAHH!!) and after digging through the copious amounts of books, I noticed this one:

5xioe8.jpg

Now, there is much batshittery in this book (apparently Buddhism, Baha'i, Unitarianism and Islam are cults?), but this was on page 345:

34rsynn.jpg

His description of Scientology made me lol pretty hardcore. It goes into details about all the raids by the FBI and FDA, discusses the membership numbers bullshit, etc. The last section of it has a comparison of Christianity v. Scientology in terms of beliefs, something which is very relevant to Nashanon's interests as we're the buckle of the Bible belt. Every single protest, we're asked by at least one person which churches we all belong to.

The section regarding the following of false prophets:

'Another liability of Scientology is its utter lack of social concern. It could hardly be criticized for this omission were it to abandon the pretense of being a religion. But to pose as a church, while neglecting the responsibilities of a church in the community, nation, and world, is reprehensible. Scientology offers society nothing except an expensive and highly dubious method of psycho-therapy, the goal of which is self-improvement, self-mastery, personal happiness. The door to salvation is shut to those who cannot afford to pay the price of processing. Nothing is said about the plight of the poor, the sick, the homeless, the oppressed...' - Joseph Hopkins, professor of philosophy and Bible at Westminster College

Delightful :B.

But yeah, MuffinKat took more pics, so when she gets home, she shall upload them!
  5. xenubarb Member

Nice! WTG, Nashville!
  6. juche Member

The section from the book for whoever is interested:

2nm0g1z.jpg
    2ntiy52.jpg
    24yw7jp.jpg
    2wd6a1i.jpg
    szebdz.jpg
    24q0eib.jpg
  7. AquaMan Member

From the scans of the $ci pages, at a guess without having read the book (or even knowing about it before now) anything other than Christianity (or maybe more limited, to the author's flavor of Christianity) qualifies as "cult", whether it actually is or not.
  8. juche Member

Haha, yeah, that sounds about right, but it would certainly be something good to use to pique Christian interest.

Also, Mr Nixon texted me to say that there was a Scientology ad on during the football game this evening :/.
  9. Ann O'Nymous Member

Nice.
  10. the anti Member

holy damn, i got to get hold of this book
  11. Olrik Member

Thanks!
  12. Jeff Jacobsen Member

When I first started studying cults in the 1970s, Walter Martin's book was one of the few out there on the subject. It looks at cults from a Christian perspective but still has some historical use. He also had a radio program for quite a while.
  13. FUCK Member

Good job Nashanons!
  14. Anonymous Member

sooper job!
  15. juche Member

I read some more of the book last night and lol'd pretty damn hard. Even more batshittery than originally assumed. The section on Scientology, however, is pretty spot-on.
  16. ravenanon Member

well done guys
  17. MuffinKat Member

Pics, cuz it happened:

img4272e.jpg
    Locked out, then he just walked away. WHY DO YOU KEEP YOUR LOVE TRAPPED IN A CAGE?!!

img4273d.jpg
    On the phone. If he *was* talking to the police, they never came. Lulz.

img4274q.jpg
    A time change?

img4276p.jpg
    This guy came and talked to us a bit after loitering on their side of the street and looking super-sketch. Got a picture of him talking through the fence to a scilon, who (according to Green Bandanna Man) was a huge dick.

img4278y.jpg
    We saw this heartily un-stealthy fellow going into the org...

img4282d.jpg
    ...then he was around the corner...

img4283k.jpg
    YOU'RE NOT SNEAKY CROSSING MULTIPLE LANES OF TRAFFIC ON FOOT YOU DUMB FUCK

img4285a.jpg

Anyway, we had fun and we'd like to answer for you now a question that's on a lot of people's minds: what IS Scientology?

Just ask this guy, he's got a smart hat and can surely tell you:
    img4280z.jpg

No? Ok, alright, we'll spell it out for you.
    img4286svy.jpg

Thank you, and good night.
  18. amaX Member

Great job, NashAnons!
  19. juche Member

Haaa, there's a dude going around and posting this to a shitload of Anon videos: 'The protest here in Nashville drew a grand total of 3 protesters! Only 1 wore a mask - I guess because they realize that Fair Game is an over-exaggerated conspiracy theory that isn't used on people that don't make a difference.'

His band sucks: YouTube - hydrophonicspace's Channel

Is this the green bandanna guy? I can't remember his face.
  20. lokimotion Member

That pic makes me think of this:

mk_davis_pgf.gif

Also, I have a request. To whomever is responsible for the Nashanon flickr, could you please update it with some more recent photos. Most recent ones are dated from March.
  21. juche Member

Done. I fear I'll be forced to purchase a Flickr Pro account in the near future.
  22. Zak McKracken Member

^^^
    cultie! ;)
  23. MuffinKat Member

Yeah, essentially he was the Bigfoot to our America. Always seen scuttling around, but no one ever saw his face (or the front side of him, for that matter)
  24. juche Member

Hey, I got a message from that guy who is spamming YT with that comment about our small turnout:

lol.

Once again, he is http://www.youtube.com/user/hydrophonicspace
  25. Re: August 15 - Nashville, TN - Postgame

Lolwut. I went to his YouTube channel and there's some dudes jamming awkwardly.

[IMG]
  26. MuffinKat Member

WHATEVER MAN THEY ROCKS OUT WITH THEYS COCKS OUT
  27. juche Member

Yeah, and can you imagine that they hold the (not valid) world record for longest song? Could you listen to those guys for one and a half motherfucking hours straight?
  28. MuffinKat Member

Not even the deaf could/would.
  29. Antagone Member

And yet the small turnout had them rushing to lock the gates.
  30. MuffinKat Member

They had to hold down the fort, you know!!! Circle the wagons and all that jazz. They must have sent a pro out to lock the gate cuz he was almost done by the time I even had my camera out.
  31. Anonymous Member

Every month can't be epic. Summer is tough, but we still get out there!
  32. MuffinKat Member

Every month can be epic if you stroke your e-penis long enough.
  33. Zak McKracken Member

I'd prefer a 90 minute loop of:

34. MuffinKat Member

Beautiful
  35. i'mglib Member

Nice job, Nashanons.

I say, pay no attention to the deluded Scilon trolls carping about when/where/how the protests should be done. The protests are bad for Scienotogy, no matter how people are dressed and who shows up. People driving by who invariably honk these days don't say to themselves, Oh, there's only X number of people, therefore I won't honk. Hell no. They see protesters with signs in front of the Scientology building and say, Oh look, there are people protesting against Scientology again. I hear it's a cult, beep beep!
  36. MuffinKat Member

Lol, truth. Seemed like this month there were a considerable amount of more people hanging out of their windows going, "yeah! they're a cult! keep up the good work!"

But then again, this is Hydroponic Space we're arguing against. Can't fuck with that, you know. ;)
  37. desudesuchan Member

my favorte part was suspicious guy. he kept walking back and forth in front of the building looking all suspicious, he stops, talks to a cultie, then heads over towards us. Here we are thinging, whoo! handler! He then asks us what this is all about, and proceeds to tell us that the weird guy behind the fence wouldnt tell him anything about what scientology was and he should come inside to watch a video explaining it instead. we can definitely say we were a livelier conversation and the ride he had been waiting for showed up and whisked him off to parts unknown, informed and educated, with plenty to talk to the driver about.

I dont think the guys in that band were green bandanna guy, they all looked too clean.