Customize

August Theme: Anonymous takes back Chanology

Discussion in 'Think Tank' started by Asterix, Jul 14, 2008.

1. Anonymous Member

Re: August Theme: Anonymous takes back Chanology

Stay legal and stay safe
    [IMG]
  2. SovietV Member

Fuck you
    Bubba would still let me post on here
    And that's what fighting CoS amounts to right?
    Right?
  3. Re: August Theme: Anonymous takes back Chanology

[IMG]
  4. Anonymous Member

100% RIGHT.

And keep it legal FTW.
  5. **zero** Member

Ive been waiting for this for a while. I have not been going to the protests BECAUSE of the major BAWWW and fap fest that has been the protests. I can understand some of the problems, and our locale has been handling it very well. But its obvious to me that this would happen.

We finally know what unites us, what we are all about. Nothing can stop us now.
  6. tiggernew Member

(Slightly subversive mom peeking in the basement door to see what the "kids" are up to, observing for a moment, smiling, closing door, and walking away.)

Carry on. Good to see you guys back together again.
  7. Anonymous Member

359abzp.jpg
  8. Anonymous Member

I like the idea of expressing a sense of gathering, increasing, multiplying menace, danger and foreboding that is being aimed for with these visuals. If you want to capitalize on it, weather disasters are perfect: uncontrollable, powerful, change-inflicting. I also agree that actual destruction is not quite "right," psychologically. The build-up before actual destruction is often far more terrifying and alarming, Destruction happens, regardless, but the illusion of hope beforehand that one can avoid the inevitable? Staggering.

Suggestions for visual: Koyaanisqaatsi (spelling may be off) by Phillip Glass. IIRC, there is a lot of time-lapse cityscape footage. Add your preferred music, as Glass' composition has, IMVHO, the wrong feel for what you are going for.

When doing text to speech, you can spell words phonetically and add false pauses to get the computer to pronounce things the way you prefer, and, IIRC, contractions like "don't" and variations in how paired vowels are pronounced tend to give the stupid thing fits.

I'm not a gamer, per se, but a video game that "gets" how to do "unsettling" is Silent Hill. Not being able to see every single thing through the mists and fog, and the sound FX combine to set your neck hairs on end. It's quite well done. We already know that Scilons are freaked by the Anonymity. Part of that is not knowing what is hidden, what is around the next corner, not being able to categorize and dismiss and prepare for something.

Think about what deep-rooted, instinctual fears humans have. "Poltergeist" may have been a crap film, and tame, but it touched on a crapload of very deeply-rooted, ancient, effective "terror triggers." If you want to build a sense of tension, don't tip your hand all the way or foreshadow the ending. If you want to set people on edge, look at how the masters do it. If you want to work some subliminal nerves, this is something many Anons instinctively grok. The mechanical voice, the masks, the Anon Credo, all are very effective Final Boss stuff.

Anyway, I've always thought that there is room within the movement for Original Flavor Anonymous. Maybe I'm just not huggy enough. I appreciate the positive PR ideas, but Anon comes in all shades of grey. The true bastards need to sink their teeth into it in their own way.

Anonymous, herd of cats. Each according to his or her ability. If you aren't a hug raider, don't hug. If you aren't a prank caller, don't call. If you aren't a highway propaganda sign raider, don't freeway flyer. You ARE strong in some skill (or several skills) that ARE excellent tools and pertinent to your interests, one must assume. So. Play to your strengths.

I'm moralfaggy enough to urge Anons not to get caught doing black hat stuff, and I prefer creative pranky stuff to illegal crap personally, but I have to admit I am more interested in seeing the GOAL met in the end to worry overmuch about what every other single Anon is up to. Co$ is abusive and no stranger to black OPs, but quick to yell and BAWW about their butthurtery when they get a mild taste of their own medicine handed back to them. More "see how you assholes like it when the biggest and least merciful assholes target you with a taste of your own bullshit x 9,000 with Mudkips and a goatse on top" stuff wouldn't cause me to lose a minute of sleep.

Shine on, you crazy diamonds.
  9. Anonymous Member

"She has body thetans" and "if you're V&".

/grammarnazi

Love the design, BTW.
  10. Anonymous Member

I like the Jamendo / public domain music idea. No chance of butthurt Scilons claiming copyright violations while trying to wield the TOS as a weapon.
  11. Hostile Member

I say yes for this... but stick to the "if the pros outweigh the cons" idea

basically, go ahead, raid their message boards, call them and talk to them to plant doubt, etc

we need to make more doubt in the members
  12. squidanon Member

I don't see the point unless the chanfags leave their basements and actually do something worthwhile for a change, grow some balls and confront the scilons.
  13. Anonymous Member

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  14. Anonymous Member

Are some of the people that this thread is waiting for back from DC?
  15. Anonymous Member

We've given you the seed, the germ of the idea. The blueprint, if you will.

It's up to everyone here to put in the work necessary to see that these ideas come to fruition.

Don't rely on anyone. Find your own source of creativity.
  16. Anonymous Member

Understood - and not looking for leaderfagging here. There was a polite request to get some other input to this after DC. Just wondering if that is forthcoming. If not, so be it. Just don't want to lose what I think it great momentum.

:anon:
  17. Anonymous Member

I find it odd that a protest of let's say 600 people with more then half not wanting anything to do with this kind of concept would stop this thread in it's tracks.

So with that going to start spamming release candidate number 4. Don't give a shit if any of you think it's premature or it wont have impact.

If it's viral I expect to see enturb trolled to hell and back within hours by a bunch of "OG Chanologists" not even sure what that means but what ever. If it's fail then so be it.

Any other confirm for brawl?
  18. Anonymous Member

post 1013 delete nao!
  19. Anonymous Member

GO GO GO!
  20. Anonymous Member

The time is not yet ripe to release the message video. The message has to be backed up by action, actual raids of the nature we are talking about ITT. Local cells need to be thinking about how they might conduct such raids.
  21. AnonMSW Member

Confirm. Screw the OG if they don't like it. Bottom line is they have their ways, you have yours, I have mine. You're not responsible for mine or theirs, do what seems the best to you and see where it goes. As for me, confirmed for brawl if one comes.

:anon:, MSW
  22. Re: August Theme: Anonymous takes back Chanology

We are here.
  23. Anonymous Member

I agree, part of the reason the original video was so effective was that it was followed by the DDoS.
  24. Anonymous Member

So let me get this straight...this is a message for anonymous to rise up from their fucking slumber but you want to post ops for us to do.

No this is a call to arms to rid the internet of exactly this kind of faggotry.
  25. Anonymous Member

While I'm in favor of using the types of tactics described in this thread (as long as they are legal), I'm not in favor of putting the blame of lower protest number solely on the OG.

It doesn't hold water, anyway.

If you look at the numbers and dates, it goes like this:

1. January 27, 2008 - WBM makes video addressing Anonymous.
    2. Feb 10, 2008 - Worldwide, 8,418 people show up at protests
    3. March 15, 2008 - Worldwide, 9,666 people show up at protests, an increase of over 1,200.

After March 15, the numbers start going down, but this was well after the WBM address.

Furthermore

June 14, 2008 - 300 people in London show up to protest (No Tory or WBM)
    July 12, 2008 - 600 people in London show up to protest (With Tory and WBM)

Maybe other forces have caused the number to go down.
  26. Anonymous Member

Awesome analysis dude, seriously that's like at least on e-psychology course and at least a degree in fuckall from the University of Phoenix Online.

I commend you for it, it completely misses the point but hell spouting shit on a messageboard that has numbers and dates on it is good trolling.
  27. AnonMSW Member

Numbers at protests are inconsequential, we've had that dialogue before in other threads and you can search for it if you want to go put your two cents in. What matters are ACTIONS not endless discourse and trying to TELL people what to do.

We're trying to prod awake the sleeping Giant, and when he wakes up I for one don't want to be the asshole who tried to TELL him what to do. If he wants to do, then he does. It's the old, "Where does a bear shit?" joke. The answer is, "Anywhere he wants to." Bad joke, but solid advice.

I'm posting in here to support a return to what I call, for lack of a better / shorter way to phrase it, "coordinated autonomous action." The operative word in there in case you didn't get it, is "autonomous."

Waken the Giant, he'll shit where he wants just like the bear. He's the meanest, biggest, baddest motherfucker in the woods, and if he gets it in his mind to do something you think's off target or irrelevant then try not to be under the shit when it lands.

Otherwise good job, keep being your own voices and consciences.

YouTube - God Of War 2 Soundtrack: Waking The Sleeping Giant
  28. Anonymous Member

I was commenting that what helped make the first video so effective (and elevated it beyond just some ominous sounding youtub vid) was that it was followed by an attention grabbing action.
  29. Anonymous Member

Which was done by random people once they saw it. The video did not say hey look now PA up and do this.

Seriously, no just no. If this is effective in any way it will have a mind of it's own.
  30. anonymusicz Member

as for ops to back up this "call to arms II" so to speak, shock and awe flier raids/combined with i dunno. i like the shock and awe fliers. collecting them and printing them as we speak.

anything else to back up the shock and awe smear campaign?

/me fails at anonymous posting
  31. suntzu Member

Taking back Chanology is a noble cause (doing it right) and you can do that everyday. It's just not a good theme. I'm not a big fan of themes - you can't have an excellent one such as Lisa's birthday every time.

Can you blame the low numbers on the ban on mentioning scientology on the chans? And what do you blame the ban on?
  32. Re: August Theme: Anonymous takes back Chanology

"To thine own self, be true" -Shakespeare (or whichever other sockpuppet he really was)

mee tooo!......whoever woulda thunk it?
  33. An0nYm0use Member

moot.

and chanology is boring as fuck unless something epic happens.

also internet tough guy srs biz types ! like soccermom do-gooders.
  34. suntzu Member

Excuse me I don't lurk on the chans, not that I have problem with images, but there are better images elsewhere. I don't understand:

So you are saying that "tough guy srs biz types, soccermom do-gooders" else where caused Moot to ban scientology and raids in the chans? Don't make a lot of sense to me. Is taking back Chanology trying to revoke the ban or trying to create another raid friendly chan? If you find it hard to explain to a dummy then imagine it's many times as hard for a dummy to understand.
  35. Skeptic1337 Member

wut
  36. An0nYm0use Member

dont worry about it.

if it is not your concern it doesnt matter.

Stand Alone Complex ..... is Complex.

Is mainly the boring ! = epic part
  37. Anonymous Member

moot has to deal with all the party van and doesn't want to be fair gamed or otherwise being targeted for the consequences of raids.

Beyond that, I think he's tired of it.

Chanology has to avoid becoming like the Ron Paul campaign in making the internet hate us all, and the way to avoid that is to only bring Chanology up when it has epic proportions and is novel. Yet another monthly raid is not that.
  38. Anonymous Member

And Stand Alone.

Do epic stuff, don't spend all your time telling other people what to do, but instead let them share in your glorious example. Pointing out failure is OK, though.
  39. Anonymous Member

40. Anonymous Member