Customize

Australia 17 March 2010 - Janette Lang forced to have abortions

Discussion in 'Senator Xenophon And Scientology' started by Anonymous, Mar 16, 2010.

1. Anonymous Member

Australia 17 March 2010 - Janette Lang forced to have abortions

Update:Sydney Morning Herald: Scientologists reject claims they forced abortions

Video and article: Former Scientologist tells of abortions - Nine News

Scientologists forced me to have two abortions, ex-disciple says | The Australian

[IMG]

Scientologists forced me to have two abortions, ex-disciple says | News.com.au

2. CantPickaName Member

Re: Scns forced me to have two abortions, ex-disciple says

IM so glad more and more are speaking up..there is much safety in numbers

Im just bewildered that most politicians are deaf to these voices and blinded by religious cloaking
  3. TinyDancer Member

That was a gutsy thing to do.
  4. XenuPhobic Member

Good on her for speaking up. The more tell their stories\, the more they will force the politicos hands in voting for the inquiry.
  5. PodPeople Member

I was wondering who this was, but thought an American. Another new name added to a sorrowful list, this an Australian. Since Senator Xenuphon has specifically addressed sci beliefs are not an issue on this inquiry, I hope this will open up possibilities.
  6. adhocrat Member

Patience, my ass

Patience.

It takes time. But it is working.

But I am reminded of the old Far Side panel.

There are two vultures sitting in the tree, one turns to the other and says "Patience, my ass. I'm gonna kill something."
  7. Belladonna Member

ABC News
    Scientologists pressured me to have abortions: defector
    Scientologists pressured me to have abortions: defector - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

SBS World News Australia
    AAP
    Former Scientologist tells of abortions

Adelaide Now
    AAP
    http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/breaking-news/scientologists-forced-me-to-have-two-abortions-ex-disciple-says/story-e6frea73-1225841933897

NineMSN
    AAP
    Scientologists forced me to have two abortions, ex-disciple says
  8. Kha Khan Member

9. Anonymous Member

10. Australia 17 March 2010 9 news - Janette Lang forced to have abortions

This is ex-scilon billionaire Packer's channel

edit from this esmb thread

Former Scientologist tells of abortions

11. MeganonOT8 Member

re: Australia 17 March 2010 - Janette Lang forced to have abortions

WOW once again good for her... now time to sleep... so much win... i think i iiz going to have REM Dreams- Rapid Eye Movement dreams, known to cause erections ! YAY!! :D
  12. Scythe Member

no one cares
  13. Belladonna Member

14. sitnoir Member

There will be a small gathering on the lawns of Parliament House tomorrow, 8:30am in support of victims of Scientology and other cults, hiding behind the guise of religion.

Must stress that it's a gathering, not a protest, but any and all support is more than welcome. Nick Xenophon will be out there also. Great opportunity to show that there is a great community following and interest out there about this issue. :)
  15. Anonymous Member

That was difficult to watch and I'm already familiar with the Cult's tactics. Surely the general public are beginning to realise that there are so many stories being told that something needs to be done.
  16. Anonymous Member

Someone should do a bland normal font size print our on spool paper of the list for the Senator to unravel before the cameras to show how many people have risked being named to speak out. It would probably reach the ground from head height.
  17. DeathHamster Member

The main parties that blocked the senate inquiry are possibly feeling a bit like King Pyrrhus of Epirus now.

And if not now, perhaps later.
  18. sitnoir Member

Very, very tempting. Whether or not I have enough paper or enough ink, however, is the problem.

I'm hoping he gets enough support tomorrow. The Government has been very eager to just pass it on to the Police or the Tax Dept, as if it's not their concern, but Scientology's tax exempt status and the status of other groups like it comes from the very top.
  19. TinyDancer Member

^^^^

Jealous.
  20. STC_SOCk2 Member

That message obviously didn't get through to Vicky Dunstan and that other woman. In a recent Oz programme they were like ' if scn is persecuted it will be islam next' (or words to that effect).

Also, that idiot politican who was like 'Xenophon wants to go after a religion and I don't think that's healthy'.
  21. RightOn Member

brilliant timing and let's hope this gives Xenophon the push he needs.

I like that Rudd and Abbott will now look even more guilty of pushing something aside if they say no this time. I like that she addressed them in her testimomy at the end. :)

Moar need to speak out :)
  22. sitnoir Member

"Liberal senator Eric Abetz said the inquiry would turn the Senate into a "de-facto criminal investigations bureau" and worried it would allow disaffected people from all types of groups to air their grievances.

On reports that the Church of Scientology stops its followers from accessing mental health treatment, Senator Abetz said he believed it was a "dangerous" practice, but it was a person's right to refuse medical treatment.

"In our free society, we actually allow people to hold silly, bizarre and even dangerous views," he said. "

I always get a real kick out of that one...>.<
  23. Anonymous Member

Scientologists reject claims they forced abortions
  24. sitnoir Member

They sure do! If you can't recruit em' off the street - Breed em' in captivity!

Could start a psychology related rant here, amongst others....but won't [will instead pen angry blog, for later].

[Insert ambiguous, nameless friend here] Like most statements of this nature, much like the ones featured in such high ranking publications such as 'Woman's Day' and 'New Idea', the 'Scientology friend' (funny, because I'm pretty sure she won't have many Scientology friends now...), IS Ms Stewart. Who is probably friends with everyone. Or at least those in the news.

LOL.
  25. willhaven720 Member

One thing I'd like to point out, which I haven't seen anyone talk about since I've been following everything on WWP...

When girls in the Sea Org actually get an abortion, some are punished for wasting production time. Specifically, "lower conditions" are done. Where the person is assigned the condition of "Treason, Enemy, Doubt, Confusion or Liability".

Again... that's if they actually DO have an abortion. So they have to stay up late at night, work passed quitting time and through their meal breaks in order to work extra for "making up the damage done".

Then they have to write up a "conditions formula", wherein they have to tell everyone in the org what they did wrong (got pregnant = Dev T) and explain exactly what they did to make up the damage (i.e. number of hours worked outside of production time) and then ask them if they can become part of the group again. They have to get everyone in the org to sign yes or no, and need the majority to get out of trouble.

Yes. I have actually seen this.
  26. Anonymous Member

27. Kha Khan Member

28. anonhuff Member

Have you told Senator Xenophon that you've actually seen this? It's horrible and first I'm reading of it.
  29. Anonymous Member

Yeah & tell that IAN & other barely functioning $cientology familes.
    Never heard of a church that promtes familes to disconnect rather then connect.
  30. Anonymous Member

I really can't take this crap cult anymore.
  31. Sponge Member

Thanks for that info Will.

This is important. People need to know that the punishment doesn't end with the abortion itself.

This is just so sick.

Posted it in my media links thread on this topic on OCMB.
    Operation Clambake Message Board - Australian Senator calls for Fed Senate Inquiry into Co$
  32. Anonymous Member

Funny that the cult should threaten her with cancer.

Last time I checked, numbers said Solo NOTs auditors were well above global averages on cancer-sufferers...
  33. DeathHamster Member

Re: Australia 17 March 2010 - Janette Lang forced to have abortions

Well... That's how he got elected, innit?
  34. sitnoir Member

SNAP! :p
  35. Rockyj Member

Excellent adding Will's statement!
    If people aren't moved and/or moved to tears after reading this I question what we've become as human beings.
  36. BLiP Member

Brave woman. Kia kaha.
  37. chrisanon Member

I've never talked about yet another horrifying Scientology practice because I didn't know. This is the first I've heard.

You know, my tolerance for Scn atrocities is actually going down. I've stopped reading Nancy Many's excellent book because I just can't take it anymore.

Usually, when people are tortured, it's pretty straight-forward. The torturers don't say "we're your friends, and you agreed to this treatment because you want total freedom". They say "we're bigger and stronger, we want your money/possessions/surrender, and basically we're fucking you up because we can". You know you're in trouble, you know who your enemy is, and you know you have to fight back or perish.

So, great. Scientology has made me appreciate good, old-fashioned torture.
  38. ryangiggs Member

Will,
    Could you write an email to Xenophone about this?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The Church of Scientology considers the family unit and children to be of the utmost importance and does not condone nor force anyone to undertake any medical procedure whatsoever,..." said Church spokeswoman Virginia Stewart.

I read something recently about thetans and the family unit by Hubbard i.e. families a hindrance?
    Hubbard's thoughts about children also comes to mind.

Two points in regard to Stewart's quote which need replying to.

Edit: Can someone direct me to quotes/audio/policies by Hubbard on the two points above? As I'm going to look around for a newspaper comments site to mention this.
  39. mirror neuron Member

Yes, me too. I've found myself thinking this week that compared to Scientology, the Mafia seems almost quaint. This is why I have a hard time listening to Scientologists talk. You can hear the damage.
  40. tazor Member

Will's right.

I had to do that myself for blowing. Instead of trying to help you with the problems you're having they try to demean and humiliate you.

So you have to go to each and every person in the fucking org and get them to sign. Just imagine getting grilled and insulted by 80 people you work with. This is after working like a dog (and being treated like one) to make amends for days and sometimes weeks.

I can't even begin to imagine how hard it would have been for someone who'd had an abortion.

This lady is very brave to come forward like this. Kudos to her. THAT'S integrity.