Customize

AUSTRALIA: February 2010 - Anonvill 2010

Discussion in 'Asia Pacific' started by Kenji, Oct 22, 2009.

1. Kenji Member

AUSTRALIA: February 2010 - Anonvill 2010

Hey Australian Anons;

Here's an idea!

Two years on from the original raid back in 2008, perhaps having it so all anon cells in Australia all go to one state, and raid there.
    So February 2010, this would give us 3 and a half months to plan this, would have to be done on the 6th or the 13th to be 'around' the time we protested in 2008, celebrating 2 years of Operation Chanology.

Should we attempt this?
    :)
  2. Anonymous Member

Re: AUSTRALIA: February 2010 - Anonvill 2010

I won't be in country by Feb, but I say yes as both Europe and the US are organizing Megaraids.

Being the two largest cells, Sydney and Melbourne will need to work closely on this.
  3. AnonVocis Member

I do like this idea and will attempt to attend.
  4. Anonymous Member

I can't make Melbourne, but I think it's in Sydney's best interests to collaborate with the Melbfags. However, would this be Chaniversary 2? Or Anonville 2? YOU DECIDE!
  5. Anonymous Member

Sydney is a very expensive city when it comes to lodging, etc. Melbourne is relatively cheaper and that would mean that Melb would be a good place to have it also sydney had it last time and Melbourne appears to be a larger anon cell now, it would be good if Melbourne was the location for the next Anonville.
  6. Anonymous Member

Melbourne would make a great venue for Anonville 2010!
  7. Kenji Member

I'd be biased in saying this, but yes, Melbourne is a good idea :p
  8. AnonymousJoe Member

I won't be able to make anywhere besides Sydney but I don't really matter lol, have fun and do some protesty stuff.
  9. AnonVocis Member

I wouldn't advocate to have it in Adelaide so Melbourne is the next best :)
  10. Kenji Member

Melbourne regularly gets around 50 people now.
    And the numbers are growing steadily. :3

Even if it only adds around 10 people to the raid, it'll still be good.
    Not to mention that the idea of a mega raid will most likely give good coverage for the raid and get more newbies to come along, and ex-scientologists too hopefully.

:3
  11. heitrobis Member

Ill stand up first to offer responsible members accom in sydney. I suggest that if everyone does the same the accom problem will quickly dissipate. Any anon is a brother or sister of mine and welcomed to my home.
    Sydney is the heart and centre of australia. It is where the best reporting occurs and its the heart of the cults blood line.
  12. Anonymous Member

But can Sydney police deal with a drastic sudden increase in protester numbers without shitting themselves and generally being unpleasant?
  13. Re: AUSTRALIA: February 2010 - Anonvill 2010

If it's in Sydney, then count me out, I wouldn't be able to get up there. <_<
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Kenji Member

I doubt I'd be able to make it to sydney either, but if it is chosen to be held there, I will still help organise it.
    However, due to the large number of protesters at the Melbourne raids, it'd be a good idea to hold it there. Plus, due to the fact Melbourne is the largest protest group in Australia at the moment it'd be good to do it there.

Then again, there is the upside in sydney of it being the main location for Scientology in Australia.

We'll need to discuss the pros and cons further.
  15. AnonVocis Member

I do like the idea of heading up to Sydney. However, If we have a bigger cell in Melbourne my vote is having the gathering there.

Also, how many have expressed interest from the different cells?

a261313.jpg
  16. Anonymous Member

I'll be there. Wherever it is.
  17. Kenji Member

We should see how the November and December raids go, and which ever cell has the largest turn out with both, we should organise to have it there.

AnonVocis:
    Asyd, Melbanon and AnonSA seem interested so far.
  18. Herro Member

In my opinion, we plan for this now otherwise we will just leave it too late.

Sydneyfag here. I'm at odds on whether to reccomend Melbourne or Sydney. Both have their advantages. Here, I'll list them:

Melbourne: Better numbers, better motivation at this time, good organisation, less faggotry.
    Sydney: More significant orgs (ANZO), better chance of media coverage, Sydney Anons do it rite.

However, judging from the fact that Melbfags have lately really impressed me with their comeback and good levels of motivation, if Melbourne is chosen, you fags have earned it. I probably can make it regardless of city, but yeah... I've crossposted this on Asyd to hopefully bring those who care into the discussion.

Also, I MAY also put my hand up for accomodating a few confirmed trustworthy interstate Anons if Sydney is chosen.
  19. anonymous612 Member

...wat.
  20. AnonVocis Member

I was looking at Current Projects and saw one which may be interesting for a group of us at AnonVille.

Operation: Silent Presence

Basically the idea is Anons make themselves seen in as many public broadcasts as possible. This would generate media interest and result in additional pressure on the Co$.

http://forums.whyweprotest.net/12-active-projects/operation-silent-presence-15143/

In the Chasers War on Everything there was a segment where Chas imporved the ratings of the Today Show. Perhaps this operation could so something similar with anons in the background.

"Chas Saves The Today Show"

Questions, comments, death threats?
  21. Re: AUSTRALIA: February 2010 - Anonvill 2010

This is a great idea! We should do this to garner more publicity for the upcoming raid next Saturday.
  22. AngryGayPope1 Member

Do any Melbourne anons know where the different studio windows are?
  23. Kenji Member

I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to find out :)
  24. _You_ Member

How are plans comming along?
  25. nex Member

I suggest Melbourne. Stroyer, Grey, SirAnon, Flawless and myself are going to be housemates soon, I'm certain it wouldn't be a problem for us to offer our multiple couches to our fellow AusAnons. Besides which, Melbourne is a better venue. It's easier to navigate, cheaper accom and WE FEKKING RULE.
  26. Re: AUSTRALIA: February 2010 - Anonvill 2010

I live way up north but would love to come down to meloburne to attend
  27. Skepticus Member

Sounds like a great idea, but can I make one more suggestion. The Atheist convention is happening in the middle of march. The Rise Of Atheism | 2010 Global Atheist Convention I have been on the AFA and other atheist sites playing up the importance of what anon is doing and how the general atheist community needs to support anon and help as much as they can, even if Co$ not their main issue or point of interest. It's like donating blood. Good people who can do it, see it as win win. Something priceless you can give, while loosing nothing but a little time and a few kilojoules.

I myself will be in Melbourne for the convention. I won't want to make the trip for two different events only a month apart. I wont be able to stay for a whole month either. Whether they do go out marching as anon themselves or not, fellow atheists are a huge body of sympathizers, or at least potential sympathizers with the anonymous cause. There will be thousands of them over in Melbourne on the weekend 12th - 14th March. Why not set the date a little latter and network with general atheists in the mean time, to broaden the horizons and recruit some new sympathizers. Then Set the date for the protest for perhaps the Monday following and canvas the convention with some leaflet dropping Handing out leaflets at the convention and maybe you might win a couple of hundred more people for the rally. I bet those who can stay the extra day and give some support to anonymous would if they knew a little more and were already where they need to be and pumped up by motivating atheist speakers.

Or if the rally needs to be on a weekend maybe, Saturday of the weekend following the convention would be better, because it only makes one working week stay between the two events and that would only require only a week off work for those who might like to attend both events, with the Sunday to break camp and head home. Just an idea.
  28. neoanon Member

it would seem that aussieanons do it better, particularly melbanons. gratz from the states.
  29. nex Member

Skepticus, one of the Melbraid organisers here, that's a brilliant suggestion.
  30. _You_ Member

I am a stone Christian, and I think this is an awesome idea.
  31. _You_ Member

Has there been any updates/momentum as to whats happening?
  32. Bluepoo Member

A Melbourne resident here, new to the boards. The "Church" of Scientology does have a base here in Melbourne - at 42 Russel Street, which could be a great place to congregate. Granted, it's not going to be as public as a major area like Flinders St. station or similar areas but Scientologists aren't working in offices at the station.

There's a photo of the building here: Church of Scientology Melbourne, Australia

It'd be great if Anonymous could generate some press before the raid, so that people understand that Anons will be there. Otherwise it's just a matter of hoping that people walk past and see what's happening. Coordinating a few raids in various locations for the same day could also be a great strategy, if we can get that organised.
  33. _You_ Member

There is a monthly protest by Melbourne anon that starts at Flinders St. then moves to the Scientology Org on Russel St. You're welcome to attend, check out Melbourne Anonymous and Asia Pacific Planning Forum on this board for more info.
  34. Bluepoo Member

Thanks. Yeah, I signed up to the Melbourne Anon forums last night as well, after registering here. I hope we come up with something great.
  35. brisbanon10 Member

Login | Facebook

for all facebookfags out there
  36. Kenji Member

I should point out that the best thing about Anonville taking place on February the 10th is that its actually falling on a Wednesday, the day which the Church of Scientology has its church services. I'm quite certain that the CoS has been telling their members that the anonymous people are quite small, and probably even decreasing, in numbers... this would help prove them wrong.

Though, we really need to get on top of the locations in which we'll be raiding.

Personally, I think for effect, we should be raiding for a fair amount of time outside of the org, however, we definitely need to be spending time in locations which has alot of public traffic, such as Bourke Street Mall.

Flinders Street would probably not be a good idea as a place we spend 'too much' time at if any at all, due to the fact that having roughly 100 or so people (which I'd not be shocked if we got) standing around outside there would be a hazard as it would take up too much space. While this can be good, as a lot of protests actually use this method for greater exposure, I'm not certain if we should attempt that.

Though, if the numbers are good enough, DO we want to do what alot of other (non chanology) protests do, which is to actually march down the street (ON THE ROAD), thus blocking off traffic for the march location, and getting greater public exposure?
    For that though, we'd need to make sure we'd have big enough numbers.

What is everyone's opinions of this?

So, basically, we need to start discussing the following:

• Locations
    • Method

I also would like to put forth the idea of one or two people from each state, say, representative(s) for their state, making a speech.

---

FINALLY:
    People from each anon cell, please let us know as soon as possible the current expected turn out from your state.
    Also, please see if you can get ex-scientologists who are involved with your anon groups to come along, it would be great after all to have more of them at the raid.

brisbanon10: did you make that? Myself and/or Nex should be asked about further details to put up, or even made administrators of that event so it can be easier to moderate what happens on the event's page..
    I will be getting a list of places with prices for accom for the anons coming interstate, compiling a map and also getting transport information for anyone who requires it.

But for now;

Public Transport
    http://www.metlinkmelbourne.com.au (for planning trips within melbourne whilst here via public transport)
  37. Kenji Member

Heres the deal guys, for the main information points:

Date: 10th February 2010
    Time: 12 (midday) - 6.30 pm (roughly)

• meeting at: ???
      route: ???

FOR LOCATIONS TO STAY:
    for those who can afford to get a hotel: Budget Melbourne Hotels - Cheap Apartments
    for people who cannot afford to get a hotel: Melbourne Backpackers Hostel Backpacker Accommodation VIC Australia (roughly $20 per night per person)

I'd recommend Melbourne Connection as it costs $17 per night and is on King Street in Melbourne.

For people who need transport around the city on the day:
    Trains/Buses/Trams:
    • Daily Concession Zone One: $3.70
    • Daily Full-Fare Zone One: $6.80
    • Daily Concession 1-2: $3.30
    • Daily Full-Fare 1-2: $10.60
    ----

Travel TO Melbourne:
    • http://www.fireflyexpress.com.au/FFWebBooking/index.asp
      • Sydney: ($60 each way)
      • Adelaide: $55 each way
      • QLD: unsure
      • NT: unsure
      • WA: unsure

Regardless if a lot of people, a few people, or no one turns up from other states for the 10th of February Raid. Melbourne Anonymous will still be holding a protest on that day.
  38. Timmibal Member

West Oz anons are looking at about $400-$500 for return flights to melbourne as standard. Don't bother with bus/rail, they're more expensive than flights.