Customize

Author Services, Inc 1981—2015

Discussion in 'Leaks & Legal' started by DeathHamster, May 23, 2016.

1. DeathHamster Member

I don't know why they bothered doing it, but... a moment of silence:

Author Services, Inc, October 13, 1981 — sometime in 2015.

L. Ron Hubbard's cash pipeline, David Miscavige's first control center, 34 years was long enough already. Good riddance!

Author Services, Inc's corporate status is now: MERGED OUT
    https://opencorporates.com/companies/us_ca/C1057096
    So... What does this mean? Is it a sign that Scientology is crumbling?

No, it means absolutely nothing. They killed ASI, but legally transferred everything to another corporation (most likely Galaxy Press, Inc, incorporated 2015). Inside the ASI offices, I doubt anyone moved desks and it's still run by the usual suspects:

https://opencorporates.com/companies/us_fl/F15000005044

I wonder why they bothered?
    • Like Like x 3
  2. DeathHamster Member

One question to consider:

Under the draft IRS agreement, Author Services, Inc had to be a wholly-owned subsidiary of Church of Spiritual Technology. (Which buries the financial details because ASI was for-profit and didn't have to file Form 990s, and CST is religious so it mostly doesn't have to file Form 990s.)

Does the surviving company (probably Galaxy Press, Inc) fall under the same restrictions?
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Quentinanon Member

Sounds like the bulk sale scam. Corporation A owns old corporation B and new corporation C. Corporation A orders corporation C to purchase all assets of corporation B in a bulk sale. Corporation A then flushes corporation B down the toilet. Now, any past legal liabilities from corporation B probably will not effect corporation A or C. The IRS may view corporation C (Galaxy Press, Inc. in this case) as an assigned party.
    BTW, the CST is probably the only church in the U.S. that has no parishioners or clergy.
    • Like Like x 2
  4. DeathHamster Member

No, it's a merger. The new company assumes all assets, debts and contracts.
  5. Quentinanon Member

Then, like most things in scientology, it makes no sense.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. No, the Tech doesn't make sense. This is wog lawyer, accountant stuff. There is a reason.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Not that it makes any difference, but that is a link to the Florida "Branch" that became incorporated (or at least registered in Florida) on 13 November 2015. It appears the original Galaxy Press, Inc. corporation was incorporated in California on 25 February 2015:

https://opencorporates.com/companies/us_ca/C3759414
  8. DeathHamster Member

When they register in Florida, they have to include the corporate officers.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. DeathHamster Member

10. JohnnyRUClear Member

The Church of Scientology has no parishioners or clergy anywhere.

It's curious how long some people are taking to figure this out, given that they spend years describing how much of a liar L. Ron Hubbard was about everything else.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. RightOn Member

To me it is obvious that the cult simply gets left alone on everything they do.
    They don't pay taxes and leave properties in disrepair for years
    unfair working wages and improper medical care for their workers
    Workers work in unsafe environments
    open members mail and confiscate it
    human trafficking
    confiscate members visas
    cut off their "employees" or what they call "volunteers" away from family and friends
    Coerced abortions
    Was the largest US infiltration - Snow White
    cruel and unusual punishments for workers
    Personal Inurement from "donations"
    Have public sidewalks closed for their events by lying
    their front group scams are rampant
    bullied the IRS into giving them tax exemption
    harass people
    LIE about Narconon
    trick towns/schools with drug booklets and do not disclose that they are the COS
    buy and shuffle properties under assumed names
    call the police for non police matters constantly, and this is world wide
    LIE about everything to everyone
    LIE to the police
    drag court cases out
    should I go on?
    Yes, I know they would have to prove that they are guilty of these things in court and people (or the government) would have to bring up charges.
    But like Johnny said, you would think after ALL these years with TONS of court cases, interviewed members, The Big List, and more, that SOMEONE would connect the dots and do something about it.
    The COS doling out huge amounts of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and it still being classified as a religion = keeps the COS afloat
    It is the only thing that makes sense to me.
    • Like Like x 4
  12. Quentinanon Member

Yes, point well taken. The clergy are organized predators and the parishioners are their prey.
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Quentinanon Member

It occurred to me that David Miscavige may have realized, after almost 30 years, that L. Ron is not coming back to take charge of the psychopolitical terrorist group he started, so the money funnel incorporated for Hubbard was no longer necessary. And it got the flush.
  14. thesneakster Member

Given that the timing of this event is suspiciously close to the release of Ron Miscavige's book, it does not seem unreasonable to me that David "Darth Midget" Miscavige ordered this merger in an effort to bury the evidence of something(s) discussed in the book. What that might be, I can only wonder.

Michael A. Hobson
    Independent Scientologist
    email: warrior_mike2001@yahoo.com
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mhobson2011
  15. Quentinanon Member

Something that could turn David Miscavige into a resident prison bitchboy?
  16. DeathHamster Member

I doubt it. It happened last year some time after Galaxy Press was incorporated on 2/25/2015.
  17. thesneakster Member

18. JohnnyRUClear Member

I think I feel myself getting smarter here.
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Disambiguation Global Moderator

20. JohnnyRUClear Member

you're a rock star
    • Like Like x 2
  21. get the show on, get paid
    • Like Like x 1
  22. DeathHamster Member

California SOS has finally updated Author Services' record with the certificate of merger.

DeadAuthor.jpg

In January 2015, they merged out to Galaxy Press, LLC.
    Then in Februrary 2015, they converted Galaxy Press, LLC to Galaxy Press, Inc, and look who signed the paperwork, Heber Jentzsch:
    HeberGalaxy.jpg

That's a pretty crummy-looking signature!
    • Like Like x 1
  23. BigBeard Member

How can Heber Jentzsch and Lynn Farny both be "Sole Member of Galaxy Press, LLC"?? "Sole Member" implies there's only one.

Galaxy Press is the 'for profit' side of $cientology's printing business. If Author Services has been merged with them, does that mean they have to start paying tax on the revenue stream from course book sales?

BigBeard
  24. DeathHamster Member

Church of Scientology International is the sole member of Galaxy Press.

That should create a problem for them. Under the IRS agreement, Author Services Inc must be a wholly-owned for-profit subsidiary of Church of Spiritual Technology. Galaxy Press should inherit that restriction from the ASI merger.

Author Services was for-profit, Galaxy Press is for-profit, so that part doesn't change.