Customize

Discussion in 'Scientology and Anonymous' started by exandantiscn, Apr 5, 2013.

1. exandantiscn Member

• Like Like x 5
  2. Anonymous Member

Excellent article exposing a Scientology look-alike.
    • Like Like x 3
  3. exandantiscn Member

Thanks for reading it.
  4. Anonymous Member

Oooh, I could be a Wizard! Do you get a Wizard Hat?
    Looks like they are learning from the scilon mistakes. You can do just about anything as a business.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Anonymous Member

"The Masters Course, at a cost of $3,000 US, involves to process of ”discreation” of negative beliefs, visualized in trance as thought-forms or ”bubbles.” After one vanishes, the vacuum in mental space can be replaced with a better belief. After the course, most students experience a strong euphoria that may last for weeks. Once the high wears off, some say they have experienced anxiety, obsessive thoughts, or deep depression resembling the downside of bipolar disorder. If they ask teachers for advice, they are told to repeat the course and experience deeper levels."

Vacuum in mental space, indeed. This would be funny if it wasn't screwing people up in realtime. :-(
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Great article and site. You're going to be busy with this site!

It's amazing to me how prolific cults are among human beings, and how easily people are suckered into them. We've all had low moments in our lives, and moments when we were seeking something, and I now see how easy it would have been to get wrapped up into some of these new age-personal improvement cults (like Scientology). These self-help-ufo cults prey on people when they are down, which is sickly predatory. Information is the only effective weapon against these destructive groups, so thank you for putting the time and effort into all of your sites.
    • Like Like x 4
  7. exandantiscn Member

Thank you so much for all of your comments. I guess I am on the right track eh? There is worse to come.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Anonymous Member

Now we just need a Venn Diagram of Scientology spin-off cults, including Landmark Education and The Process Church of the Final Judgement. Any others?
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Anonymous Member

Isn't EST one of those?

It's the only one that comes to mind ATM.

I'll keep focusing on the question, a good question. Such a Venn Diagram will be awesome to behold!

P. S. - Nice work exandantiscn!

EDIT: remembered another - LIFESPRING

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lifespring
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 1
  11. TrevAnon Member

• Like Like x 1
  12. exandantiscn Member

Actually, Landmark is a spin off from EST and I have a story about them coming up this week too. Thanks for reading.
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Slightly OT, just been reading about a LULzy group that steals from sci whole cloth: Destini

http://destenicult.blogspot.ca/

The South African leader, Bernard Poolman.is a bit of a mystery, some think he was a former Rajneeshi but I wouldn't be surprised if he was from sci or an offshoot. The whole set-up screams 'cult'. They say the beginning level takes four years (or more) to complete and you have to come live on their SA farm...

Oh and channelling. One of their hierarchy, a girl named Sunette used to post utubes featuring her 'channeling' the damndest people and things:

Apparently Crowley pronounces his name differently now he's dead and Adolf Hitler has become an english-speaking new-ager promoting Destini. And what the fuck did poor Kurt Cobain ever do to them to have his name attached to their commercial purpose? She also channels Hubbard.

For bonus points they also believe in David Icke's reptilians and Sitchin's Annuaki.
    • Like Like x 3
  14. jensting Member

(rolls eyes).
    You know, as long as they don't recruit kids, this might best be viewed as a place to keep those people who should not be allowed to try to have a thought without qualified supervision.
  15. Ahh, that's the problem. Their target demographic is 15-25, and they even have their own educational front group selling vocabulary and reading software (the word lists are apparently misspelled) called Techno Tutor. Fortunately for the world, it is a buggy piece of crap, based on a DOS program the cult leader stole from his brother over a decade ago. However, non-culties have bought it despite the $3000+ price tag.

The recent research just hammered home for me how much school boards need to use google before purchasing any materials, tools and tutoring services. There's a ton of cults out there hiding behind educational materials for minors.
    • Like Like x 1