Customize

AWESOME: You can now place bets on which celeb is next to BLOW Scientology (w/ odds)

Discussion in 'Celebrity News' started by XenuPhobic, Oct 28, 2009.

1. XenuPhobic Member

2. **zero** Member

Re: AWESOME: You can now place bets on which celeb is next to BLOW Scientology (w/ od

Im thinking Lisa Marie.

Also, this is great.
  3. Anonymous Member

Re: AWESOME: You can now place bets on which celeb is next to BLOW Scientology (w/ od

I'm in.
  4. Anonynamefag Member

Would this have been possible in 2007? I think not.
  5. Hombre Moderator Skandinaviska

RIDICULE!!! [/Patty]

srsly though this is awesome.
  6. BTANONNYC Member

so much win
  7. LarryBren Member

OMG this may very well be the funniest thing yet re organized scientology!

Of the ones listed I was thinking of taking Brandy at 14:1 but the part about it having to happen by 2010 scares me a little.

Who knew shitstorms could be such fun!
  8. Anonymous Member

I kinda wanna put my money on Jason Lee since he strikes me as a bit of a flake anyway. What signs of disillusion with the cult has Lisa Marie shown tho?
  9. Anonymous Member

Kirstie Alley, because she knows she wants me.
  10. themadhair Member

This week will go down in the annals of chanology history. And it just keeps getting better and better.
  11. LarryBren Member

This bet could be the beginning of many more to come.

Four I could think of offhand would be:

1) Which will be the next scientology organization (must be a class five or above, not a mission) to close its doors without a new address announced;

2) who will be the first person who gave an affidavit to the SP Times and/or Nightline that DM never hurt anyone, who recants and tells the truth about the beatings: Lyman Spurlock 3:1; Mark Yager; Guilleume, Ingber, etc., etc.

3) Which of the three wives of the three men in the inital SP Times article this summer will be first to recant what they said about their ex husbands and admit they knew DM was beating people?

4) who will be the person to serve DM in the next lawsuit against DM coming up soon: a) an existing staff member besides Tommy Davis 20:1; b) an EX 10:1; c) an Anon who might be like a "wog" worker hired by organized scientology and working there right now, lurking and waiting for the summons 5:1; d) DM's dog "Captain Sparkey" 100:1, e) a professional process server 2:1, f) Tommy Davis - even odds, g) a public scientologist while on stage getting some cheesy "award" from DM - 50:1 but may be the funniest of them all, etc.

These are just a few more ideas. The possibilities here are ENDLESS!!
  12. whoever Member

I don't think Chaka Khan and Brandy are seriously in, so it's odd that the odds against them are so high. They should have listed Jenna Elfman and Catherine Bell instead. Or maybe Elisabeth Moss.
  13. Giggles Member

How come GRETA VAN SUSTERN is never on these lists?

And why does GRETA VAN SUSTERN remain un-trolled, out of the scientology spotlight and below the radar?
  14. Anonymous Member

Partisanfags and Faux News lovers won't do it.
  15. Not Moxon Member

Several folks on the other betting thread share your view that Brandy claims not to be a Scientologist.

If you all had conviction in your smack talk you would implement Operation Brandy Whine GET.

1. Bet Brandy today - the first ones in get the best odds

2. Tomorrow inquire on Brandy's fan sites, twitters, whatever about her Scientology "faith" and views

3. Continue step 2 anticipating that Brandy or her agent will issue a public statement confirming her position that she is not a Scientologist

4. ???

5. Profit

16. tazor Member

Cuz she's too fugly to even consider thinking about. Kind of like Juliette Lewis but not as diseased.
  17. Belladonna Member

I agree. You'll be glad to know that her name has come up in an article or two.
  18. Suzette Member

Note this:

In theory, all you have to do is get Brandy to repeat what she's already said, but you have that loophole that they get to decide what counts. And when they say "by 2010," do they mean January 1, 2010, or December 31, 2010?

Sounds like a sucker bet to me.
  19. Anonymous Member

Market for PaddyPower is 99% UK & Ireland - hence the selection of folks who'll be reasonably well known in those parts.

--
    Hi AnonShaw - is this another Anonymous BAWWWWpost?
  20. Not Moxon Member

The bookies do not have trouble thinking up prop bets. It's a question of profitability. These prop bets usually don't get enough volume to be worth the trouble.

The bookies use these prop bets more for advertising to try to lure in new customers that are not already betting the Premiere League matches or NFL games.

You can, however, post your bets if you like. Go to Matchbook Betting Exchange and look for their "X-bets." These are user defined bets.

If you have an account you can post your bet ("create a new market"). Because they will not naturally attract much attention it is advisable to bounce your bet idea off a pool of people likely to be interested in it before posting. That way you will jump start the market for it. You would also be able to test your wording and "grading" criteria to avoid baaawwwingggg when it is time to settle the bet.

Matchbook will of course take their vig for the service for each trade transacted. But the advantage over a bar bet is that you could bet with Anonymous people and possibly get some lulz from the posting of a public bet.

Everyone's on their own to determine the legality of betting in their own jurisdictions.
  21. Anonymous Member

Tom Cruise should bet everything on himself and blow !
  22. Not Moxon Member

I realise you're joking.

Nonetheless, bookies aren't that stupid. The current odds are only good for a limited volume of action, probably only a few hundred at most. Then the bookie re-thinks the odds he's offering and may choose to offer worse odds or accept no more bets if he's getting lifted hard on a particular bet.

So Tom would at most make a few thousand quid ... but save his soul and his family for his trouble.
  23. Ogsonofgroo Member

Why does everybody forget Morgan Freeman, I'll place him at 10/1, and dig in mah piggy bank fer a shekkel or three :D

XP

(dis has made me laugh all afternoon, sortta reminds me of the old 'dead-pools' years ago, only not death~ BUT FREEDOMS!)

:)
  24. JohnnyRUClear Member

Yeah, you can't expect the other 97% of Chanology to carry that whole load on their own.
  25. Disinfected Member

If I were a gambling man (well, I am but not on things I have no control over), I would go with Brandy at 14:1. That is a pretty strong return and it would not take much, IMO, for Brandy to make some public disclaimer that she is not a Scientologist.
  26. Belladonna Member

27. Anonymous Member

Search for John Coale and Scientology. Susteren comes up a lot in those articles that were about Coale's attempts to influence Sarah Palin, Nancy Paloise and the rest of the NFWL-connected poiticians.
  28. kitfisto Member

No Neil Gaiman ?
  29. hokum Member

30. TypingChimp Member

But... but... what will her ex-husband Michael Jackson think about her giving up so easily?
  31. Anonymous Member

Very astute of you to realize that you are in that 3%. That is why we let you live-metaphorically speaking, of course. And, you make some good points & keep ur partisanfaggotry to a minimum-unlike [STRIKE]some[/STRIKE] many.
  32. Belladonna Member

True/Slant - Harmon Leon
    Harmon Leon - The Infiltrator – Bookies Odds On John Travolta Leaving Scientology - True/Slant
    (Links to Wikipedia "Sea Org.")
    Relevant Wikipedia editors, please set up PayPal accounts so I can pay you some royalties in appreciation. Scientology Wikipedia articles have been linked to by a number of writers, for great effect.

http://forums.whyweprotest.net/15-media/new-humanist-whos-next-jump-scientology-ship-55355/
  33. Anonymous Member

Gold.
  34. Belladonna Member

35. Anon-007 Member

Irish bookmaker Paddy Power is asking gamblers: which celebrity will be the next to leave the Church of Scientology?

Famous filmmaker Paul Haggis’ break with the church after 35 years of membership rocked the Scientology community, and now the Irish are betting that more celebrities will follow in Haggis’ wake.

According to the site, the star that’s most likely to quit the church is John Travolta, with odds set at 9/4.

Least likely is Mr. Scientology himself, Tom Cruise, with 50/1 odds.

Here are the other Scientologist celebs included in the list:

* Tom Cruise’s wife Katie Holmes, 3/1
    * Elvis’ daughter Lisa Marie Presley, 4/1
    * Actor Jason Lee, 6/1
    * Elvis’ ex-wife Priscilla Presley, 8/1
    * Singer-songwriter Chaka Khan, 10/1
    * Voice of Bart Simpson Nancy Cartwright, 12/1
    * R&B star Brandy, 14/1
    * Musician Beck, 18/1
    * Actress Kirstie Alley, 25/1

Who would you put your money on?
  36. moarxenu Member

Wrong. Every center-right person who knows about the crimes and abuses of the cult wants to see Greta Van Susteren called out. It is a question of cultivating activist interest on the center right.

Whenever I mention Greta is a scilon, the usual response I get from both right and left is, "I didn't know that."

Part of the problem is Gawker and the other media who diss her have so far refused to raise the human rights abuse issues that would tank her on the right:

Coerced abortion
    Disconnection
    Membership in an anti-psychiatry hate group

Believe me, if anyone can get through to Michelle Bachman on these issues Greta will sustain major damage.
  37. Anonymous Member