Customize

Basic help

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by newlearner, Dec 3, 2014.

1. newlearner Member

Hi guys im new to all this and im trying to learn to protect all my information via online I was chatting with another boy online and said tor was bad....so I deleted that so my question is I let him set up my computer via team viewer. so this is what all I have

- chrome with data compression proxy a ad blocker and pop up blocker
    - cyber ghost 5 for my VPN
    - securenym email for my emails under random name
    - spoofed mac address
    - malware komodo firewall and anti virus
    - I only use starbucks wifi or free wifi to get online

I guess I am feeling that is not enough I know its impossible to stay 100% but I want to get as close to it as possible....I value your thoughts cause frankly you guys are smart and im just a newb at this but wanting someone to help stay secure so I can build my knowledge!!! thank you
    • Like Like x 2
  2. CarterUSP Member

I like this noob.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Anonymous Member

Yes, the courtesy + the literacy is very refreshing!
    • Like Like x 1
  4. newlearner Member

Thank you both. I have a lot of respect cause I know it takes a lot of work. I am researching my butt off but don't seem to go anywhere so any help at all or knowledge would be great fully appreciated.
  5. Anonymous Member

You're welcome and I think you're doing the right thing in the right way.

You're asking questions in a clear and coherent fashion.

If you're patient, and I don't doubt that you are, WWP members with way more knowledge than I have will show up eventually and may deliver precise answers for you.

Stay frosty. ;)
  6. newlearner Member

Thank you very much. But just knowing you or someone might helps is wonderful news.
  7. Anonymous Member

A good brisk and breezy way to anonymize web surfing, especially if doing research, is Anonymous.org.

For the free-to-use, go here: http://anonymouse.org/

The subscription rates are quite fair, IMO. Currently, *USD $6.00 per month. The fee for a full-year is much lower - currently USD $38.00. It also offers six-month subscriptions for USD $25.00.

For rates on the commercial services, go here: http://anonymouse.org/vip.html

The VIP service will handle encrypted sites and such, also provides anon e-mail.

*Last time I used it for a month, it was USD $7.00.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. newlearner Member

Thank you! I guess I'm wanting to go as secure as possible something is really truly fun when doing so! As far as what you posted it looks like my search engine duckduckgo.com

Thank you for insight so much. Doing reaserch on it now. :)
    • Like Like x 1
  9. chicho Member

hola q pena tengo una preguntica q es wwp