Customize

Beck is Nuts.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by whosit, Apr 20, 2011.

1. whosit Member

2. Anonymous Member

3. Glen Beck lost it a looooong while back.
    • Like Like x 3
  4. whosit Member

He's is absolutely wrong. His math is awful and it is not like he backs it up with facts or anything.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Anonymous Member

Typical Mormon.
  6. whosit Member

That's racists.... wait no.... religious? It's something I'm not sure what.
    • Like Like x 4
  7. Zak McKracken Member

Does he not get the irony?

• Like Like x 5
  8. whosit Member

Who me? I'm not sure what you mean.
  9. Zak McKracken Member

re: Beck
    re: the dread spectre of Marxists in classrooms
    and the more subtle and personal danger of shouting LALALALALA I CANT HEAR YOU.

To be honest, I wasn't quite sure what you were trying to say, either.
    Video clip was of a dangerous "Marxist" laying the smack down on radical faculty members, some 80years ago.

What I fault Beck most of for though (and what depresses me, way more than a lack of logic and math talent)
    is a profound deficit of lulz.

anyway,
    I seem to have missed whatever point I was getting at too.
    Have a kittenpile.

<3

5814d1179175760-kitty-thread-kittenpile.jpg

Edit: I think I agree with you, unless there was sarcasm in your OP that went totally over my head.
    • Like Like x 3
  10. whosit Member

I think its just funny to post it. Let people watch it without it being filtered through Jon Stewart and let them make up their own minds. Maybe the second video was making fun of the left. Probably the right. Or making fun of the left that think it was making fun of the right. More likely making fun of the right making fun of the left. Unless I'm a troll.

Or maybe people should just listen to Beck and decide for themselves. Sometimes the guy gets it right. Sometimes his is awful and wrong. But I love listening to people on both sides calling him crazy.
  11. adhocrat Member

That's just Lehrer being himself. great song.
    and whatever it is, I'm against it
    lol
    • Like Like x 1
  12. the anti Member

• Like Like x 1
  13. whosit Member

Down with this sort of thing.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. whosit Member

15. Zak McKracken Member

teacup.jpg
  16. whosit Member

^liberal
  17. the anti Member

18. whosit Member

^ Oh Well. Freedom of information? Freedom of thought? Freedom to disagree?
  19. Zhent Member

I watched the whole show. It was the first time I have watched raw Beck outside of The Daily Show.

Now what do I win for watching?
  20. whosit Member

Nothing.
  21. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 1
  22. whosit Member

23. Anonymous Member

Glenn Beck isn't nuts. He's a shrewd operator who knows how to build a cult-of-personality. Although since being canned at Fox he wants to move-on from scaring old people and build a new media empire "targeting the youth" and presumably the advertising dollars that the 18-34 yo demographic attracts. That's why he considers Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert one of his main opponents in the "media", he'd like to poach their audiences.

• Like Like x 2
  24. SOJOA Member

Beck couldnt even touch Stewart and a republican, aside from a few, saying something that makes sense aside from lying for their own agenda is nothing new.
    • Like Like x 1
  25. Miranda Member

I thought this thread was going to be about music :(
    • Like Like x 10
  26. Anonymous Member

Me too. :(

I was hoping to discuss the batshit lyrics of weird and humorless scientology cult member Beck the musician.

From “Devil’s Haircut:

Heads are hanging from the garbage man trees/Mouthwash jukebox gasoline
    From “The New Pollution”:

She’s got cigarette on each arm/She’s got the lily-white cavity crazes/She’s got a carburettor tied to the moon/Pink eyes looking to the food of the ages
    • Like Like x 2
  27. RightOn Member

do want
  28. Miranda Member

• Like Like x 4
  29. Anonymous Member

OP - i agree. Beck is nuts.
  30. JohnnyRUClear Member

31. Anonymous Member

Johnny, i don't personally consider myself either "left" or "right". sometimes it looks like both sides get so entrenched in their own rigid world view that they seem to do nothing but endlessly fight in the most pointless manner, if you know what i mean. Using fear to manipulate ratings is not effective, when one is truly interested in having a constructive dialogue within the context of a larger, all encompassing world view.
    • Like Like x 3
  32. amaX Member

I did, too! I am disappoint.
  33. JohnnyRUClear Member

Agreed on that, which is why pukes who throw around thinkstop terms like "anti-religious bigot" "anti-Semitic" instead of dealing in facts get my goat -- and I know you probably had Beck in mind rather than the WP author, but the shoe fits both.
  34. Anonymous Member

i think it can be tricky, and this is where some striving for Objectivity becomes important. There is little actual objectivity, it seems, a lot of the time, and people can take whatever information they may gather to prove their own world view or position at any given time. that is the kinda funny/weird thing. just look at some of those stupid polls that people refer to, as if it is actually any clear indicator of anything. I certainly would not stand in the way of anyone seeking to learn about whatever it is which may be of interest to them. Truthfully, I haven't really followed this story. It is not surprising to me that a man who apparently thinks that the "Protocols of Zion" is the gospel truth, would be seen as being terribly anti-semitic, and so if someone applied that type of terminology to him, i might be able to see where they are coming from. That book is a work of fiction. period. In challenging times, people quite often want to find a scape goat to blame.
  35. Anonymous Member

Beck parlayed his routine into a multi million dollar career. So did Rush Limbaugh. So have lots of self-appointed know it all expurts.
    I don't listen to any of them anymore. it bores me to death.
  36. Paroxetine Samurai Moderator

Here I thought if I opened up this thread I would see a large slowpoke.jpg or a rickroll...

...Glenn Beck nuts? I thought that was a given...

Also:

You really wouldn't do that would you? Unless you like the feeling of having over 9,000 people wanting to place your dented head on a pole while wild boars tear apart the remainder of your body.
    • Like Like x 2
  37. Miranda Member

That does sound at least not boring.
  38. DeathHamster Member

vreenak.jpg

Only a total wack-job would think otherwise.
    • Like Like x 1
  39. Anonymous Member

I like Beck's lyrics and music. But I was hoping to discuss how batshit insane he is. Since Beck is a Scilon, is would be helpful if topics about the batshit insane right-winger include Glenn in their title.
    • Like Like x 1
  40. You're missing the fact that his signal to noise ratio is tilted way too far in favor of the noise. It's like sorting through 12 gallons of shit to find an ounce of clean water: it's pointless and you'll get infected if you try.
    • Like Like x 1