Customize

Beck's brother quit CoS

Discussion in 'Celebrity News' started by dekrot, Sep 6, 2009.

1. dekrot Member

Beck's brother quit CoS

I know Channing Hansen and can assure you he is no longer in the cult. He hates the scilons and has been disconnected from most of his family who are still in. This may already be known, but today I learned of two supposed suicides linked to Beck in 2007 www.lermanet.com/beck
    Very sad story. They were friends of Beck and stalked and harrassed relentlessly by the cult.
    Channing has a web http://www.myspace.com/phactory
    I'm not a writer but think it would be cool if someone would interview him to add to the ex-sci stories
  2. Anonymous Member

Re: Beck's brother quit CoS

Good for him. I hope his life improves immeasurably.
  3. basil Member

Without scifaggotry holding him back, how can it not..?
  4. Anonymous Member

Can we get him to talk?
  5. Anonymous Member

Beck just got tattooed onto my shit list.
  6. whoever Member

You know Channing personally? Is he completely disconnected from Beck? (That is, not just out of touch with him.) How likely do you think it is that he would speak out publicly against the CoS?

I heard that his mom, Bibbe, is out too and that Beck disconnected from her because of it. Do you know anything more about that?

I've followed Channing's various websites for a few years now. He seems like a very cool guy with a brain. I wish he would speak out about the cult, but I gotta admit, I would be surprised if he did.

ETA: One of these things is not like the others....

l_020020533d447aee89661b1c11968391.jpg.png
  7. AnonyMary Member

Well, if this is true, then why is his brother on his MySpace? If you know him so well, encourage him to speak up publicly. Otherwise, it's just an unfounded rumor.
  8. Anonymous Member

All I know is that this Beck guy makes great beer, and as long as it gets me drunk do I care if he's a scilon or not?

DF_becks_366.jpg
  9. Anonymous Member

10. Puddin_Tame Member

i read that those two were just kinda generally batshit before they offed themselves, actually

but hey if you like-a-da conspiracy theories, don't let me stop you
  11. Anonynamefag Member

Beck?

glennbecktinfoilhatthum.jpg
  12. Bulle Member

MUAfram.jpg

Beck?
  13. muldrake Member

There's not a speck of independent evidence that those two people were actually harassed by Scientology at all. Their behavior in the months preceding their suicides has all the indicia of a classic folie à deux. If you read the whole story it makes no sense.

EDIT: That aside, if Channing Hansen is actually out and disconnected from his family, what does he have to lose by speaking out?
  14. FUCK Member

Awesome news is awesome.
  15. whoever Member

Well, if he is definitely disconnected from all of the ones who are in, he doesn't have to fear disconnection. But he may be afraid of harassment. He's not just any ex--he's the brother of one of their more successful celebrities (and son of another). It seems likely to me that the CoS would try to go after him in some way if he spoke out. Even if they wouldn't, I can see why he might worry about that.

Anyway, Beck may not have disconnected from him. Awaiting something more substantive on that.
  16. Re: Beck's brother quit CoS

I went to school with Channing at Larry Dennisons Scino school.

I lent him my entire Commodore 64 pirated game collection. 2500 games- 50 disks. And he kept them.
    It took months of hounding his famous dads answering machine to finally get them back. tru fax.
  17. BlooAnon Member

Just 50? I think I have at least 300.
  18. RedOrbifold Member

so just throwing this out there...

is there any chance that this would make Beck supposed to avoid contact with his brother now? (I'm pretty sure disconnection is a bit lax with celebs compared to ordinary poorfolk)
  19. Smurf Member

Beck & Channing are the sons of David Campbell, a 25+ year Scilon and Bibbe Hansen. When his parents divorced, the sons dropped the father's name & took on their mother's name, Hansen.

Don't know why they dropped the father's name. According to IMDB, he collaborated several times with his father, a string musician. His mother is also the midwife that delivered his wife, Marisa, & her brother Giovanni Ribisi, at birth.

Beck (I)

David Campbell - Scientology Service Completions | Truth About Scientology Statistics Project

Beck Campbell - Scientology Service Completions | Truth About Scientology Statistics Project

Channing Campbell - Scientology Service Completions | Truth About Scientology Statistics Project

Bibbe Hansen - Scientology Service Completions | Truth About Scientology Statistics Project

After name changes:

Beck Hansen & Marissa Ribisi - Scientology Service Completions | Truth About Scientology Statistics Project

Channing Hansen - Scientology Service Completions | Truth About Scientology Statistics Project

A guide to Beck and Scientology for journalists and fans
  20. Anonymous Member

Lol. The name of that film is Beck: The man without a face.
  21. whoever Member

That's the official story--it's been said in articles about Beck over the years. But it's simply not true. Beck used the name Campbell until at least 1993, but David and Bibbe were divorced in the mid-'80s. I don't know when Channing started using Hansen, but I suspect it was after Beck did.

I think Beck may have been estranged from his father in the early '90s. In a couple of early interviews he said he'd never really known his father (again, not true). It's as if he was distancing himself from him.

Or perhaps they weren't estranged and Beck had another reason for publicly distancing himself from David? He had an image of having been poor, even homeless--having made it on his own. It wouldn't have helped that image if he had a father who was well off and successful in the music biz.

/speculativeramble
  22. Anonymous Member

In that affadavit on Youtube the Higher-up Ex-Scientologist made a big point of saying he wasn't the type to off himself, and that if it ever appeared he had he wanted an investigation, so maybe conspiracy theorising is appropriate here...
  23. whoever Member

What "affidavit" on YouTube? (I presume you're talking about Jeremy Blake now?)

I'd be interested to know what this "higher-up" ex-Scientologist had to say on the matter. But really, I don't think anyone can say for sure who is or isn't the type to kill himself (particularly if his longtime partner has just died).
  24. Anonymous Member

Beck's one of our best agents gaise. Leave him alone.
  25. Anonymous Member

I read somewhere that Kaja Ballo. Shawn Lonsdale. Lisa McPherson, Paulette Cooper, Noah Lottick, Sean Carasov, Eric Rubio were all batshit before as well.
    Move along now, nothing to see here.
  26. JohnnyRUClear Member

Do we have ways?
  27. Anonymous Member

I'm going to go and buy a beck CD just to spite you.
  28. Smurf Member

LOL. Obviously, you have never met his maniacal wife or her sister, Gina.

Pure Scilon butt-kissers.
  29. crockhat Member

Shush smurf, they're our best method plants! They *earned* that Platinum pfizer card.
  30. Anonymous Member

PC = a hero and a survivor
    PC ≠ an hero

Mudkips Casarov is said by some to have been "wild" and perhaps even a furfag, but I haven't heard anyone call him nutters. dox?
  31. Anonymous Member

Just committing suicide doesn't make you "an hero" in my view, there are some additional critera. But carry on, don't want to derail from the Beck discussion.
  32. AnonyMary Member

You never replied to my earlier reply in this thread.

Where's the proof of assurance? Pretty much his whole family are scilons.

Now you're off on another thread asking ex scilons to give you sensitive data on human right abuses for the State Dept.

Try answering this one first.
  33. Anonymous Member

You think we should start recruiting social workers for the Final Battle?
  34. whoever Member

Yeah, no response to mine, either. Dekrot, if you start a thread and people show interest, don't you think you should respond to them?

I dunno, maybe you forgot about the thread and didn't notice the responses. So I'm bumping it to give you a better chance of noticing.
  35. AnonyMary Member

lol :) Well, he actually posted the contact name and number on the other thread so maybe my comment there was theraputic enough
  36. Anonymous Member

DOX! Or GTFO.
  37. another123 Member

gtfoz.jpg
  38. dekrot Member

This thread isn't really a life or death issue so I havn't posted anything else. It was for celebrity informational purposes only. I probably never should have posted anything here but thought it might help other celebs. I didn't get permission from him to post this story and feel bad for exposing him. Apparently he wants to be left alone. So this is the last comment I will post on this thread. Sorry, I won't do something like this again. Thou I enjoy exposing celebs who seem proud of being completely insane and conned out of thousands of dollars, this is not the case with Channing since he was forced into this mess as a child. He's a friend of my brother, a real person trying to get on with his life. Thanks for your understanding.
  39. NotMike Member

Cool. If true, I wish him the best. And he can always get an anonymous login at the forums Ex Scientologist or Ex-Scientology Kids if he wants to talk about his experiences. It seems to be pretty therapeutic to hash things out with people who have gone through similar experiences even if he does so anonymously.