Customize

Bend dentist ordered to pay $350K to ex-employee

Discussion in 'Media' started by Anonymous, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Anonymous Member

• Winner Winner x 8
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Anonymous Member

Somebody doinitrite - hear Scientology, and RUNS!!!

Shame on you Dr. Andrew Engel
    http://www.awedentalspa.com/meet-us/dr-andrew-w-engel.html
    dr-engel.jpg
    • Agree Agree x 6
  3. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Ogsonofgroo Member

lolol, fucking how 'wise' are ya?

Ouff...

:)
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. mongrel Member

What the fuck is it with the cult and dentists? I can understand chiropractors. After all, they're just another woowoo scam like scilontology. But dentistry is a legitimate health profession. So what gives? Did elron write a policy letter on recruiting dentists?
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Anonymous Member

WISE has very specifically targeted dentists for decades.

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Fishman/time-behar.html

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. wolfbane Member

Moar!
    http://www.oregonlive.com/money/index.ssf/2012/10/bend_dentist_fined_nearly_3480.html

Damn shame it took three years for her complaint to go somewhere.
    • Agree Agree x 4
  8. grebe Member

I like this thread.

a68ba2a8c35878cfa218d4f76f4fe472.jpg
  9. Anonymous Member

Tis indeed a 'wise' move, dentist, chiropractor, real-estate agent~ if your too dumb to be a politician or a cop, then maybe we haz a cult for you!
  10. RolandRB Member

He even drilled people on how to recruit them.

"drilled" - gerrit - NYAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!! :D
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. BlooAnon Member

I'm surprised that after watching this video, you have to ask.

He needed one!
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  12. jensting Member

JohnP wrote a pretty thorough analysis of why it was a bad idea to become a WISE victim in a long discussion of this on VV. Shame I don't have a link to it :(
  13. Anonymous Member

It's very simple. Dentists have a lot of disposable income, and the Scientology corporation wants that disposable income.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 1
  15. muldrake Member

Maybe it's because guys like this make good Scientologists.

16. another123 Member

XENUtv: Chicago Dentists: http://www.xenutv.com/blog/2009/05/12/chicago-dentists/
    Bill and Barbara Z. are a married couple, both dentists, who got into Scientology via WISE. (Sterling)
    Both were dentists who were sucked into Scientology after attending a business seminar which used L. Ron Hubbard's management tech. The dentists had been attempting for two years to get back $20,000 from Scientology for courses they had paid for in advance but never took.
    [interview (5 google videos) filmed before their gag-order]
    • Like Like x 3
  17. The Wrong Guy Member

From Facebook:

Tony Ortega shared a link.

THE FULL 69-PAGE ORDER: We have the Oregon labor bureau decision which orders dentist Andrew Engel to pay a former employee $348,000 for trying to pressure her to attend a 3-day Scientology symposium. Dental assistant Susan Muhleman did Internet research and realized that Scientology was incompatible with her Christian faith. She refused to go, and then quit in frustration. But Oregon has agreed that she was harassed because of her religious convictions. Read the whole case here!

Oregon Dentist Ordered to Pay $348,000 After Pressuring an Employee to Attend Scientology Symposium: The FULL Order

http://ortegaunderground.wordpress....-attend-scientology-symposium-the-full-order/
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Anonymous Member

AHAHAHA, VERY FUNNY...

tumblr_mba1u49ojv1qgrhzio1_400.gif
    Shut up.
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Strixcoil Moderator

No, the course it's NOT about Scientology. But it is a course based on Scientology for business management.
    Kinda like, but not totally like.

My, differences. Dentists fail at them
    • Agree Agree x 3
  20. Anonymous Member

^I am not a Scientologist but...I will defend Scientology abuses
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  21. muldrake Member

The good thing about this, after reading the procedural history, is that it is the final decision by the Commissioner. The petitioner already won before the Administrative Law Judge (ALJ) and this is the final agency determination.

As the final determination of a state agency, the cultist dentist can appeal this to an actual court. However, it will be reviewed only for abuse of discretion. The reviewing court will defer to the factual record as determined by the ALJ.

Another thing:

That would certainly be interesting to watch. And by "interesting" I mean "boring," but it would contain more details than we have of the discrimination.
    • Winner Winner x 2
  22. RightOn Member

ahhh shedding some light on WISE
    very wise
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  23. wolfbane Member

Juicy dox are juicy. From Page 49:

I came. Multiple times.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  24. Anonymous Member

I once worked for a non-scn company that tried to implement the WISE "business practices".

Fortunately, several on staff immediately claimed it violated their religious beliefs so the company scrapped the implementation.

Oh, it certainly did!

The WISE business model includes such concepts as PTS/SP tek, that "everything expands all the time unless someone isn't following scientology or an SP is holding it down", conditions formulas (which eliminate all individual rights), HR personnel playing as actual counselors or ethics officers to "find the counter or other intentionedness and stamp it out", or asking personal questions of an individual that they have no right to ask and are a violation of privacy.

WISE turns companies into witch-hunting, abusive, controlling monsters that think they have the right to control their employees personal lives as well.

Additionally, dentists "network" with each other as part of the scn framework and use this exclusivity to shut others out who would dare to criticize scn.

The dentist was only interested in wealth or he would have seen these violations and stopped the WISE "business practices" long before the woman felt forced to leave. And I'm sure she was forced out as well. That's what WISE businesses do.

FUCK WISE.
    • Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 4
  25. The Wrong Guy Member

Bend dentist denies charges, will fight $350K penalty

Ordered to pay ex-employee over alleged order to attend event

By KTVZ.COM news sources

Engel, whose Bend practice is AWE Dental Spa, issued a brief statement Friday through Portland attorney Michael Gordon, which said:

"The decision from BOLI is erroneous, unsupported by the facts and contrary to Oregon law. This employee was never discriminated against. Dr. Engel and his office will appeal this erroneous ruling and continue professionally treating its patients as it always has."

More, including video with an interview, at
    http://www.ktvz.com/news/Bend-denti...nalty/-/413192/16863926/-/ejuoxd/-/index.html
    • Like Like x 3
  26. wolfbane Member

Juicy dox are juicy. From Pages 62-63:

Ha ha - FLUNK! Silkin failed to handle the flap at the last minute. How do you like your fancy business consultants now Dr. Engel? Not so WISE are they?
    • Like Like x 3
  27. Stupid culties. Always attack, never defend. Never learn.

Go on, keep making a big media splash about this, so more people will know about the predatory practices of WISE and Scientology.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  28. BWAAAAAA. Localized shitstorm where I live. Me leik. Hope more lawsuits are to follow.
    • Like Like x 6
  29. muldrake Member

As I pointed out earlier, good luck on challenging the factual findings. There are full and well-reasoned factual findings based on a hearing in which all parties participated and had the opportunity to present evidence.

If anything, this challenge will just draw more attention to this dentist's history of discrimination.

Since the Bureau of Labor and Industries is a statewide executive agency, the appeal goes directly to the Oregon Court of Appeals, rather than spending time in a trial court. If the cultist dentist loses there, it's to the Supreme Court of Oregon.

I'd like to see the cultist's argument that forcing a Christian to engage in practices based on cult "scriptures" (their own term) is legal.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  30. Xenu Is Lord Member

I would love to see the sack of shit appeal it too and eat up another 30K in lawyer fees and then loose the appeal. Lise money to give to his WISE buddies.
  31. Bend, dentist

hehehheh
  32. Ogsonofgroo Member

Me too lolololing, I keep reading it as 'Bent Dentist' *shrugs & Lols more*

:D
  33. JohnnyRUClear Member

Too bad he isn't from Boring. Unimpressed headlines would be lulzy.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  34. Anonymous Member

I guess $cilon dentists do root canals without anesthetics, since that would count as drugs?
    • Funny Funny x 1
  35. A.O.T.F Member

Jeeesuss Christ! That's FUBAR
  36. tigeratbay Member

"it's NOT about Scientology"
    It IS Scientology. All from the scriptures of Ron, only arranged differently and ok'd by WISE and Cof$. A scientologist would recognize it whereas an outsider would not. It's practically all quotes from one place or another put in a different format.
    • Like Like x 1
  37. RightOn Member

BEND OVER Bend!
  38. Anonymous Member

lurk moar
  39. Anonymous Member

I actually know two Scilons who went to the dentist and requested no anesthetics. I don't know what they had done but they came back moaning in pain. Yeah, this really happened and it gives you and idea of how far the mindfuck goes.
  40. Anonymous Member

Most Scientology dentists use anesthetics and prescribe pain meds. It would be difficult for them to stay in business if they didn't.
    • Agree Agree x 1