Customize

Beyond Belief: My Secret Life inside Scientology and My Harrowing Escape, by Jenna Miscavige Hill

Discussion in 'Media' started by The Wrong Guy, Feb 1, 2013.

1. sallysock Member

• Like Like x 5
  2. DeathHamster Member

Roger Friedman has been sticking it to CoS for many years.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. 388

Roger Friedman: Celebrity Scientologists Got Me Fired From Fox!
    [IMG]
    Wow: Roger Friedman's accusing prominent Church of Scientology members Tom Cruise and Kelly Preston of conspiring against him, and he's citing this as the reason he was fired from his job as a showbiz columnist in a lawsuit against Fox.
    Talk about an incredible item. Brief recap: Fox canned Friedman after he wrote about how easy it was to obtain a leaked, unfinished copy of Wolverine that had made its way onto the internet. Friedman went through a Kangaroo Court of sorts and got the opportunity to reason for his job with EVP John Moody and Fox News chief Roger Ailes at Fox News. It didn't go well, and he lost. The statement that was released:
    http://gawker.com/5290155/roger-friedman-celebrity-scientologists-got-me-fired-from-fox
  4. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 6
  5. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 6
  6. Anonymous Member

My vote has been counted!!
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Anonymous Member

Likewise!
  8. jensting Member

Me 3 !!!
  9. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 1
  10. The Wrong Guy Member

Jenna Miscavige Hill on Scientology’s New Dawn: “I Can’t Believe People Still Buy This BS”

By Tony Ortega, The Underground Bunker

We always love to hear from Jenna Miscavige Hill, niece to Scientology’s leader, David Miscavige, and a successful author. We wondered what she thought about last week’s hoopla over her uncle’s big gambit — to release a revamped “Bridge to Total Freedom” (the “Golden Age of Technology Phase II”) as well as opening the long awaited “Super Power Building.” She not only sent us some thoughts on Scientology’s big events, she also caught us up on what’s been happening in her world.

I can’t believe people still buy any of this BS about ‘discovery’ of ‘lost tech.’ It’s just such an obvious and blatant money making scheme.

http://tonyortega.org/2013/11/24/je...dawn-i-cant-believe-people-still-buy-this-bs/
    • Like Like x 3
  11. RightOn Member

nice to see Jenna continuing the fight and speaking out.
    AND that her book is in the running! YAY!
    "I am also very excited that my book was nominated in the Goodreads best Memior/Autobiography category and it is now a finalist! The voting is still open and the winner will be announced on Monday. I’m so grateful to everyone who voted"

If that Duck Dynasty guy or Maya Angelou wins, immma gonna be pissed
    • Like Like x 2
  12. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 11
  13. Wayward Daisy - Jenna Miscavige Hill: My Gratitude

http://www.waywarddaisy.com/2015/06/my-gratitude.html

* * * * * BEGIN QUOTATION * * * * *

Friday, June 12, 2015

My Gratitude

In the past two years since my book was published I have met a lot of people in my travels who have been supportive, genuine and kind to me. I have received an outpouring of emails, Facebook posts, messages and letters in the mail from people in all walks of life and from the different countries where my book was published.

I wanted to write a post about this because it's been on my mind that during this time, I was not always able to get back to people as much as I would have liked to. So many of you wrote heartfelt letters that deserved a heartfelt response.

Winnie was only one year old at the time my book was published and still nursing. The traveling was hard on us because we decided that we didn't want to be separated from the kids and so they came with us wherever we went which often (not always) meant no sleep, "adventurous" airplane rides and vommit-fests and fevers in various hotel rooms. In addition to having just moved across the country into a new house and a new job for Dallas and with the media tour (for a rather shy person), I felt like I had to choose between sending the responses you guys deserved and my time with my young children and I had to chose them because I knew that I would never get that time back.

But now that I have a little bit more of a handle on things, I wanted to take the time to tell you all how much each and every comment, letter, review and every word spoken in love, empathy and support has meant to me.

Every time I got an email or a letter, a little bit of a load was taken off my heart. I think its because when someone takes the time to listen to (or read) my story and then reaches out in kindness and shows empathy they are taking on a small part of my burden on their own shoulders and thus making my load lighter.

Feeling heard and understood has been the difference that has allowed me to be truly happy and to move on and to have a life that I wouldn't even have been able to wish for so many years ago. So what may seem like a small thing to you, has been so much more than that to me.

Many people have shown their support despite having their own hurt and own story to tell and not having had the opportunity to be heard themselves. This means the most to me, because it takes enormous strength to reach out in this situation and it makes me feel like I am part of a team with some of the bravest survivors there are and that makes me very proud.

There is also one lady in particular I wanted to mention today. She wrote me about two years ago. She and her book club read my book and they all baked something yummy and sent me a picture of all of them together with their baked goods holding their copy of my books. She wrote the most endearing and motherly letter that still makes me want to cry. If you ever read this, I want you to know how loved your letter made me feel. I did write you a letter back and even took some Polaroids of me and the kids to send, but then couldn't find the envelope your letter came in with your address and so never did send it. I'm pretty unorganized like that :(

Sometimes when I am having a bad day or am feeling less than adequate, I secretly sometimes read the amazon reviews for my book or pull out the letters I have received and they make me feel better.

I think the gift of kindness and empathy is the greatest gift one human can give to another and I just wanted you all to know that you have filled that gaping hole in my life and I am forever grateful.

Without the messages of love, care and respect I have been given as a gift from all of you, I would not be able to have the confidence, joy and satisfaction with my new life that I have now. It has made me a healthier, happier person and a better mother as well.

Thank you doesn't seem big enough, but I can't think of another word, so from the bottom of my heart, I thank you all so very much and I truly wish all the happiness and joy in the world for you and those who you love, from my family to yours!

* * * * * END QUOTATION * * * * *
    • Like Like x 7
  14. The Wrong Guy Member

Jenna Miscavige Hill: "How I escaped Scientology"

20 year old Jenna Hill was raised in the fold of Scientology since she was a baby - so what happened when she finally broke free?

By Clair Weaver, Australian Women's Weekly, October 5, 2015

From the moment she landed in Australia, 20-year-old Jenna Miscavige Hill enjoyed a level of freedom she’d never known before. There was unlimited access to TV and the internet. She and her husband Dallas could hop on their bicycles and explore their new home of Canberra whenever they liked. Their usually rigidly-packed schedules were almost empty. There was minimal monitoring. They could even sit back with their new friends and enjoy a beer.

For the worldwide Scientology leader David Miscavige’s niece, who signed a billion-year contract of allegiance to the church at the age of seven, it was a radical new way of life.“We were in regular contact with [non-Scientologists and lay members], which I had never really had before,” said Jenna. “People in Australia are more real and they say it how it is. It was nice to have some real friends who were cool and relaxed. And we had some independence. When you are at the church in LA, you are told what you are allowed to do.”

Until that point in 2004 Jenna’s life had been so regimented that she had always eaten her meals in the church’s communal mess halls – Her visit to a supermarket in Canberra, where she’d been deployed by the church, was her first grocery run – full stop. Following recipes and working the stove were new and daunting tasks. Equally eye-opening was the hour or two of TV she allowed herself each day; the convention-flouting reality show Queer Eye for the Straight Guy became a firm favourite. Jenna liked the characters and was perplexed that “what I saw didn’t match what I’d learned in Scientology” – namely, that homosexuals are “sexual perverts and covertly hostile”.

But perhaps the most profound new experience was striking up a friendship with a woman in the church who had two young daughters and a baby born during their stay. As members of the church’s elite Sea Organisation, Jenna and Dallas didn’t mix with children and were forbidden from having their own. “[My friend’s] daughter was adorable, really sweet and I fell in love with her,” she recalls. “For the first time, I wondered what it would be like to have a family of our own.”

Continued here:
    http://www.aww.com.au/latest-news/real-life/jenna-miscavige-hill-how-i-escaped-scientology-20547
    • Like Like x 4