Customize

Beyond Belief: My Secret Life inside Scientology and My Harrowing Escape, by Jenna Miscavige Hill

Discussion in 'Media' started by The Wrong Guy, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Anonymous Member

The book publication is perfectly timed. Now that everybody is still talking about Scientology because of Larry Wright's book, here comes Jenna with some more interesting info. I think that in a month's time, it's John Sweeney's turn to show up at American talk shows and to finally print his book in the US [so far you can only get it in kindle version in the US].
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. wolfbane Member

Thanks for this, I got hardcopy on order and have been resisting the urge ALL damn day to also get the ebook as well due to impatience. But I'll wait... formatting errors like that will drive me more crazy than waiting on the book shipping will.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 1
  4. The Wrong Guy Member

Tony Ortega has posted this on Facebook:

BEYOND BELIEF: Here's our review of Jenna Miscavige Hill's powerful memoir, which is, without a doubt, the most eviscerating indictment yet of Scientology leader David Miscavige, who happens to be her uncle. This book is going to be a big problem for the church, we'd wager.

Jenna Miscavige Hill on her Uncle, Scientology’s Leader: A Bully Too Afraid to Show His Face

http://tonyortega.org/2013/02/05/je...s-leader-a-bully-too-afraid-to-show-his-face/
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  5. RightOn Member

wow the View took out the church's statement in the first half of the video! LOL!!!! WIN!!!
    they left the one in at the end.
    this made them look REALLY bad.
    I am not a View fan but kudos to the producers for having Jenna on and also allowing the audience (or whomever was responsible) to each take a book home.
    I hope they share that book with friends and family WIN!!!!
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. RightOn Member

how did I miss this?
    FABULOUS idea!
    <3
  7. Anonymous Member

Piers is a delicious hunk of man meat for femanons to drool over, with a sexy accent too boot!

1 hour to go until Jenna is on!

Pop_Crunch_America_s_Got_Talent_53194_piers_morgan_burger_king_flame_fragrance.jpg
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Makethemsweat Member

Ok, I'm really disappointed in this interview. Jenna was PERFECT. She answered factually, gracefully, and in perfect soundbites. These women SUCKED. They read the 5 bullet point prep sheet they got from the producer and did no homework at ALL.

Here's what the uneducated public heard:
    -Scio Celebs have special entrance, celebs don't get bugged for money (yawn)
    -Kids get sent to boarding school (People saw that it looks pretty, and doesn't sound as hard core as military school... Hell, a little hard work builds character!)
    -"I left cuz I wasn't happy and it was abusive" (no detail on abuse, which is really subjective. But most of all "I just left" like it was the easiest thing in the world. WhereTF was the description of the harrowing escape?)
    -"Do you live in fear". "No." It's never established what there is to fear!

And that was it - the only thing to grab the audience was "she never got to see mom and dad." It's one SNOWFLAKE sitting on top of the iceberg. We sit here and fill in context in our minds, but 99 percent of viewers have NO context.

The lazy lack of passion and curiosity on the hosts' part makes me crazy. They had 5 min segments. Here's what you do: after 40 seconds of summarized backstory: "So, Jenna, your Uncle has ordered people's fingers broken, ordered abortions as policy, and his wife has been missing for years. Dozens of people back up these accusations. What do you think he thinks of your interview here?" THAT's how you ask the "do you live in fear" question... By telling the story as part of the question. You make the interview a way more interesting one, and get a way better answer. BUT first you have to KNOW THE STORY.

They didn't give a SHIT. Missed opportunity.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. RightOn Member

^^^ you are talking about THE VIEW
    what were you expecting? they can't ask her questions like that. The fact that DM abused people is still ALLEGED until someone sues his ass and tries to drag him to court. The View was not about to libel themselves.
    Her book is out, she was on national TV and every audience member went home with a copy.
    Some people heard for the first time today that Scientology is abusive to children.
    WIN
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Makethemsweat Member

Ah, hell, I know. Damnit.
  11. The Wrong Guy Member

Piers Morgan Tonight started at the top of the hour. The segment with Jenna will be on sometime this hour.
  12. Anonymous Member

Piers Morgan Tonight is on, on the US East Coast. And the opening intro to tonight's coverage made mention of Jenna revealing the church's secret after being raised in Scientology. This was the last story mentions, so seems like it might be coming near the end of the show with bigger stories first.
  13. The Wrong Guy Member

It looks like she will be on as soon as this commercial break ends.
  14. Anonymous Member

15. wolfbane Member

True to form, Piers got right down to srs bizness dirt in the first part. And he minced no words on calling out the abuses Jenna endured and brainwashing. Unlike The View, there was no pussy footing around the ugly stuff. Even the Super Bowl Ad hypocrisy got hit on by Jenna. (Smart move there girly - you rock!)

Second part coming up after a commercial break where he's getting into the celeb stuff. So far, it is off to a great start though.
    • Like Like x 3
  16. Chipshotz Member

She's getting a lot of face time on the tube which is fantastic. Who sets these interviews up, her publisher?
  17. wolfbane Member

Second part started with a few seconds from the Tom Cruise crazy vid, and now Piers is reading the mandatory Church bawl statement, but it was very brief. Striking contrast how they soft shoe responses to Jenna vs. what Sweeney and Wright got.
    • Like Like x 1
  18. wolfbane Member

The celeb stuff was good too, Piers focused on just the different way they are treated and are they being duped. No tabloid fodder crap whatsoever. Then he moved on to David Miscavige pretty quick.

He also gave Jenna tons of praise, both in the beginning and at the end. And he painted the book in a very serious tone of being "evidence" the church needs to answer for and called it a compelling testimony. He came across as being very moved by the book.

4 thumbs up! Will watch again. /APPLAUSE
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. Chipshotz Member

Jenna was trying not to laugh when they had a side-by-side with her and the Tom Cruise video.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. eddieVroom Member

/r/ Jack-in-the-Box revision
  21. RightOn Member

" do you think he is evil?"
    YES

WIN AFTER WIN AFTER WIN
    great show. Jenna was sweet and believable. She may want to talk to someone on how to speak and interview a little bit better if she is going to be doing a lot of interviews. Which I hope she is.
    Sorry not to be nit picky, but there were an awful lot of "you knows" and I means". I know she was probably nervous and now that I think about it, I am being nit picky.
    cocks and all and tell me to go diaf
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  22. Mr. Magoo Member

Durn, I missed it and forgot to tivo it. :(

Glad to hear it rocked, though! :)
  23. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 2
  24. The Wrong Guy Member

Scientology leader's niece: He's evil

Jenna Miscavige Hill talks to CNN's Piers Morgan about her uncle, David Miscavige, and his 'evil' ways.
    • Like Like x 3
  25. Anonymous Member

^^Partial video... the first part isn't included in that link.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  26. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 5
  27. RolandRB Member

Anybody who supports the Church of Scientology a) knows about the child abuse that goes on and b) are happy for it to continue.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  28. Anonymous Member

• Funny Funny x 1
  29. failboat Member

Here's where CNN is hosting the same video, with open comments:

http://cnnpressroom.blogs.cnn.com/2013/02/05/jenna-miscavige-hill-on-pierstonight-david-miscavige-is-evil/

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  30. Sam Urai Member

Here is video from both Jenna's appearance on The View and Piers Morgan Tonight:

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Like Like x 6
  31. White Tara Global Moderator

Thanks, missed them both.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  32. Sam Urai Member

Anytime.
  33. raboon Member

Looks good on tv.
  34. Anonymous Member

mqdefault.jpg

[IMG]

FTFY
  35. Anonymous Member

36. mnql1 Member

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 5
  37. RightOn Member

is the UK and Canada carrying this one?
  38. Horseradish Member

UK is distributing both doorstopper and kindle versions.
    • Like Like x 1
  39. RightOn Member

excellent
    • Agree Agree x 1