Customize

Beyond Belief: My Secret Life inside Scientology and My Harrowing Escape, by Jenna Miscavige Hill

Discussion in 'Media' started by The Wrong Guy, Feb 1, 2013.

1. The Wrong Guy Member

Scientology Leader’s Niece: “L. Ron Hubbard Was the Ultimate Con Man” | Showbiz411

By Roger Friedman

Last three paragraphs:

Jenna: Aunt Shelly [David Miscavige's wife, unseen in public since 2007] … proceeded to go on about how similar Tom Cruise and Uncle Dave were, in that they were both very intense. Apparently, people called them by the same nickname, which had something to do with the word “laser.” I told Aunt Shelly how it seemed to me that Nicole wasn’t really into Scientology, and she seemed surprised that I had figured that out, saying I was exactly right and it was a problem they were trying to solve.”

One can only feel sympathy for Kidman, who was pared away from her children. It was extremely painful, but she’s remained mum to keep her connection with them.

Order Jenna’s book. Read Wright’s book. And Jenna is correct: it’s amazing this is still going on.

Full article, and open comments:
    www.showbiz411.com/2013/02/06/scientology-leaders-niece-l-ron-hubbard-was-the-ultimate-con-man
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. Anonymous Member

what's that word? international people want to know
  3. RightOn Member

too bad they didn't go into the leader's wife an eensy teensy more?
    Jenna could have said something simple and not libel like
    "I haven't seen my Aunt Shelly in many many years..... or in any public appearances or in any pictures with my uncle in any of the new church openings either" heh heh
  4. Boris Korczak Member

This interview with Jenna was indeed very damaging to the cult and hopefully many members of Co$ had a chance to see it and realize that it is about time to kickstart their brains again.
    It is definately a big win for Anonymous and the exposure of Scientology.
    Stay safe.
    BK
    • Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. DeathHamster Member

• Like Like x 1
  6. TrevAnon Member

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  7. RightOn Member

"Blind Geloof"
    I like that!
    Looks like DM has goofed the floof with this Blind Geloof!
    • Funny Funny x 9
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  8. Random guy Member

I'd say the big win here is for Jenna herself. When Kendra, Astra and Jenna put up ESK in 20008, the protection from anons were nothing they could count on. The balls on these three ladies are amazing! I think she would have written the book eventually, anons or no anons.

I quite enjoy basking in the glory though.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Aurora Member

• Like Like x 2
  10. Sam Urai Member

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. wolfbane Member

^^Damn. I missed that today, I thought it was Anderson Cooper's prime time show. Not his daytime talk show.

Hoorah for Sam Urai subs!
    • Winner Winner x 3
  12. Aurora Member

13. Mr. Magoo Member

First a sweet girl named Katie took him down, and now a sweet girl named Jenna is calling him out. I love it.

On your knees, boy.
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  14. OTeleventy Member

What? Are you going all ElRon on the time track now Random Guy? ;)
    • Funny Funny x 2
  15. Makethemsweat Member

• Funny Funny x 4
  16. Anonymous Member

I believe the issue of book has now been raised on Marty's blog by the following comment that has now been moderated, approved and posted:

http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2013/02/05/introduction-to-horizontal-growth/#comment-253673
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Makethemsweat Member

^^^^
    Hi communicator IC...
    the prob is that the comments you got through are tucked safe and sound in the comment section among zombies who are all jacked up on the Holy Spirit of LRH and a bunch of philosophical navel-gazing.

Now he can say "I don't censor!" Without really addressing the book. Your first comment suggests they hit a link that'll take them into entheta-ville ... they probably won't choose to do that when they're having fun with the tech circle jerk. The other pats Marty on the back.

But I'm still really glad you put them up... My only point is I give him no credit - i think it kills him to post them.
  18. Anonymous Member

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. Pique Member

new thread for the new book
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. The Wrong Guy Member

21. tigeratbay Member

Comment still on moderation

22. YouSeeNothing Member

Poor thing was so nervous. She sounds like my teenage son, you know? Jenna is very brave and those videos were excellent in that they really nail home the child abuse--and she looks innocent and believable. Damn! It's only February 6th and I thought January was amazing.
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  23. RolandRB Member

That people are translating the book into other languages is a strong message that at last the public has twigged onto the Child Abuse aspects of Scientology.

This also means that all over the world, the public are looking for a reason to destroy the cult.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  24. Sam Urai Member

Here's Jenna's appearance on Anderson Live:

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  25. DeathHamster Member

CoS has usually been pretty fast to sue in non-English markets to stop/punish publications. (e.g. French and Italian, don't know about Spanish.)

I suspect that they'd screw themselves on this one if they did, but that's never stopped them before.
  26. Incredulicide Member

I do love the footbullet of the Church sending all the pictures to the media which allows Jenna to talk them through exactly what child labor work she had to do as a kid:
    "even the gravel that you see around the cactus .. we laid the tarp underneath the gravel, we hauled the gravel from piles in wheelbarrows.."
    • Agree Agree x 10
  27. Anonymous Member

Jenna's book is going up in Amazons best sellers list. Last night she was at #36, and today she is at # 26!

This book is available at Amazon.com for $15.98!
    • Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  28. The Wrong Guy Member

On Facebook this morning, Tony Ortega posted:

Jenna Miscavige Hill in the house! We meet with the niece of Scientology leader David Miscavige, and also bring you up to date on Lawrence Wright's media blitz, a new drama in Germany, Jon Atack's book for sale, Margery Wakefield's new video series, and more in this big Thursday roundup of news!

Jenna Miscavige Hill Continues Her Media Blitz; More Scientology News in Thursday Roundup

Excerpt:

Clearly, however, her publisher, HarperCollins, has been scared witless about what the Church of Scientology might do about the book. No review copies were sent out until Tuesday’s date of publication arrived, and we had to scramble to get a review posted as quickly as we did.

Jenna told us copies of the book were kept so secret, her own family members were just now reading it along with all of us. And she’s still waiting for their reaction. She also seemed a bit taken aback by the reaction her television appearances were generating online. She knows she’s not a polished public speaker, and each appearance has been an ordeal. But that morning, she had spent time on Anderson Cooper’s daytime show, and we thought she did a particularly good job turning the church’s photographs of the ranch school into a damning indictment of the way children were used to build the place.

Here's the complete article, and open comments:
    http://tonyortega.org/2013/02/07/je...tz-more-scientology-news-in-thursday-roundup/
    • Like Like x 8
  29. YouSeeNothing Member

That Colbert segment with Larry Wright was great--Tony had it posted in his Jenna article. I wonder if WWP is upstat since January with all of these delicious news items breaking?
    • Like Like x 1
  30. Anonymous Member

The following video explains in detail the current WWP stats

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  31. YouSeeNothing Member

Is there a way to see how many new members have joined since January?
  32. Anonymous Member

In reply to the recent PR flop, they sent children to clean the streets, and do press release about it. Taiwan's Clearwater - home of the should have been opened Ideal Org.

[IMG]
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  33. DeathHamster Member

Sending the kids out on trash-pickup photo-op PR duty is a standard.

The Toronto Org did that once a year back when the neighborhood around them was a lot worse and the kids should have been wearing protective gloves before touching the trash. (Or maybe they brought their own safe trash for the photo-ops?)
    • Agree Agree x 1
  34. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 4
  35. Anonymous Member

^^^^^^ what happened to Shelley?
    Jenna guesses she got in trouble, demoted.
    • Like Like x 1
  36. Anonymous Member

Demoted from wife to what?
  37. RolandRB Member

Below Homo Sap
  38. DeathHamster Member

It's a good interview where the interviewer did her homework first. Also, Jenna was allowed to fill in details that were zipped over in faster paced interviews.
  39. YouSeeNothing Member

40. RolandRB Member

keeps cutting out on me :(